Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-10-2022, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And answer this, how many past Presidents took items with them they wound up having to return, and how many had 30 FBI agents raid his house. If they were looking for official records, they didn't need to go through Melania's underwear. This was all a fishing expedition. And since they were inside over 9 hours and did not let Trump's lawyers or anyone else observe the search, anything they find is suspect of being planted. Oh, the FBI would never plant evidence you say??? Ask Richard Jewell about that. All you on the left hate Trump and think this is funny, but trust me, just like Harry Reid was warned "you will rue the day" the worm will turn, and your party won't be in office. Is it going to be this funny and all ok with you if the GOP takes charge and replaces leadership at the FBI and IRS and starts targeting those political opponenets on the left?

Who said they thought it was funny? Anyone caught taking classified information is a criminal and should be handled as such.

Just because he was (key word) president doesn't exempt him from the law.

Fun fact - Trump made taking classified documents a felony. Which he just committed.

If he'd of turned them over when asked to, the federalies wouldn't have had to 'go through Melania's underwear drawer'.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: FBI lying to Justices to get warrants - Been done. 

Do you seriously think with all of that stuff having been made public they would be so stupid as to do that again?

(08-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No political motives? You just refuse to see it. This has happened many many times, and it has ALWAYS been handled with a subpoena.

As it was handled initially. Actually, it was handled by the National Archives going down there and collecting items. This means that there was a belief, strong enough to result in a warrant, that Trump had continued to withhold classified materials illegally. And again, that is the difference, classified materials. This is an unprecedented event since the advent of the PRA.

(08-10-2022, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is pure Banana Republic crap. The dems are already saying this disqualifies him from running again, which it the whole point. They know they can't beat him. 

They're just using his own words against him.

And you haven't answered my question: If someone violates the law then that should be handled. No one should be above the law. Do you disagree?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Do you seriously think with all of that stuff having been made public they would be so stupid as to do that again?

As it was handled initially. Actually, it was handled by the National Archives going down there and collecting items. This means that there was a belief, strong enough to result in a warrant, that Trump had continued to withhold classified materials illegally. And again, that is the difference, classified materials. This is an unprecedented event since the advent of the PRA.

And you haven't answered my question: If someone violates the law then that should be handled. No one should be above the law. Do you disagree?

He did answer you, just not directly.

All his posturing and conspiracy nonsense gives you all the answer you need.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:19 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Fun fact - Trump made taking classified documents a felony. Which he just committed.

Which we already know he did thanks to the retrieval of those documents by the National Archives. There is already evidence beyond a reasonable doubt and he could be charged with a crime.

Now, if the current DoJ really wanted to be political they could levy those charges against him. They have him red handed. Kind of shoots some holes in those conspiracy theories, doesn't it?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
He can publish the warrant anytime he wants to prove how unfair it is.

But surprisingly he won't ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:
Do you seriously think with all of that stuff having been made public they would be so stupid as to do that again?

Why wouldn't they, no one was punished and the guy running the field office where it occurred was promoted to the DC office. 

Yes, I agree when someone breaks the law they should be punished. What I vehemently oppose it the application of politics into who gets prosecuted and who doesn't.  Hillary takes classified information home and places it on a non-secure server, then attempts to wipe it clean when subpoena'd and nothing happens. Other Presidents take things home, and the archives simply subpoena the stuff back. Trump allegedly takes some documents home and is the only President to ever have the FBI raid his home like he was a Branch Davidian. 
So yes, no one should be above the law, so Hunter Biden should be in prison for lying on his firearms purchase paperwork, which is a 10-year sentence. And anyone paying any attention that is not lying to themselves should see that Biden sold his influence through his son and brother, and it totally compromised by China. Yet the FBI seems very disinterested and spreads the "Oh it's Russian disinformation" line through the media, when it is now obvious the laptop is real. 
Reply/Quote
Trump just took the 5th in his deposition in the New York fraud case. In a civil case, which this is, Taking the 5th can be used against him
Makes you wonder if he was afraid the truth would sink him or afraid he couldn't tell the truth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: Trump just took the 5th in his deposition in the New York fraud case.  In a civil case, which this is, Taking the 5th can be used against him
Makes you wonder if he was afraid the truth would sink him or afraid he couldn't tell the truth.

It was on advice of his attorney and very smart. Even if he has nothing to hide, giving no statement in a deposition simply shuts down their attempts at getting him in a perjury trap they could then use against him when they find nothing else. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why wouldn't they, no one was punished and the guy running the field office where it occurred was promoted to the DC office. 

Because public scrutiny like that, regardless of the outcomes, causes changes in the agency.

(08-10-2022, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I agree when someone breaks the law they should be punished. What I vehemently oppose it the application of politics into who gets prosecuted and who doesn't.  Hillary takes classified information home and places it on a non-secure server, then attempts to wipe it clean when subpoena'd and nothing happens. Other Presidents take things home, and the archives simply subpoena the stuff back. Trump allegedly takes some documents home and is the only President to ever have the FBI raid his home like he was a Branch Davidian. 
So yes, no one should be above the law, so Hunter Biden should be in prison for lying on his firearms purchase paperwork, which is a 10-year sentence. And anyone paying any attention that is not lying to themselves should see that Biden sold his influence through his son and brother, and it totally compromised by China. Yet the FBI seems very disinterested and spreads the "Oh it's Russian disinformation" line through the media, when it is now obvious the laptop is real. 

I think every single person who violates the law should face charges and go to trial. I've said the same thing about every single person you have named. If the evidence is there to bring charges then they need to do it. That's my position on every one of them. You won't find me complaining about someone who I may agree with more politically being charged with a crime if there is evidence that it had occurred. In this case, there is irrefutable proof Trump committed crimes.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was on advice of his attorney and very smart. Even if he has nothing to hide, giving no statement in a deposition simply shuts down their attempts at getting him in a perjury trap they could then use against him when they find nothing else. 

I mean, I agree on invoking the Fifth. I just always find it funny when someone who has said that innocent people don't do that does exactly that.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because public scrutiny like that, regardless of the outcomes, causes changes in the agency.

I think every single person who violates the law should face charges and go to trial. I've said the same thing about every single person you have named. If the evidence is there to bring charges then they need to do it. That's my position on every one of them. You won't find me complaining about someone who I may agree with more politically being charged with a crime if there is evidence that it had occurred. In this case, there is irrefutable proof Trump committed crimes.

So does the two-tiered application of Justice based on political persuasion bother you in the least?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, I agree on invoking the Fifth. I just always find it funny when someone who has said that innocent people don't do that does exactly that.

I can tell you this, I have been in Law Enforcement in one form or the other my entire adult life. I do not commit crimes. If the FBI knocked on my door and said "Hey, we'd like to ask you about...." the first thing I would do is close the door and call an attorney. And if I were asked to give sworn testimony in his position, I would take the 5th as well. The perjury trap is a well-known prosecutorial tool used when they have nothing else. They did it with Flynn.If I'm Trump, I'm giving them nothing to use against me.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So does the two-tiered application of Justice based on political persuasion bother you in the least?

As of right now, I do not see the evidence of it. Clinton was investigated and the FBI Director, a registered Republican who violated investigative norms in a way that damaged her image irreparably, found that charges were not warranted. Hunter Biden is currently under investigation and prosecutors are determining whether or not he will be charged. Trump has not been charged with a crime in this investigation at this time.

I mean, the DoJ works slowly. They are extremely careful and diligent in their efforts. They are risk averse. This is not what you think it is.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So does the two-tiered application of Justice based on political persuasion bother you in the least?

What are these two tiers?  Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread.  Which tier is above the law and which tier isn't?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can tell you this, I have been in Law Enforcement in one form or the other my entire adult life. I do not commit crimes. If the FBI knocked on my door and said "Hey, we'd like to ask you about...." the first thing I would do is close the door and call an attorney. And if I were asked to give sworn testimony in his position, I would take the 5th as well. The perjury trap is a well-known prosecutorial tool used when they have nothing else. They did it with Flynn.If I'm Trump, I'm giving them nothing to use against me.

I don't disagree. Again, I just enjoy the irony. It's just a continuation of there being a tweet about everything he does where he took the opposite position or blasted someone for doing exactly what he is doing.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As of right now, I do not see the evidence of it. Clinton was investigated and the FBI Director, a registered Republican who violated investigative norms in a way that damaged her image irreparably, found that charges were not warranted. Hunter Biden is currently under investigation and prosecutors are determining whether or not he will be charged. Trump has not been charged with a crime in this investigation at this time.

I mean, the DoJ works slowly. They are extremely careful and diligent in their efforts. They are risk averse. This is not what you think it is.

See, you do not understand how it works. The FBI came out and said they didn't feel like Clinton meant to do it, so they would not prosecute what were multiple clear violations of the law dealing with classified material. This is not the FBI's place. They are supposed to investigate and present it to a Federal Prosecutor who then makes the decision. Her case was never presented. Clear politics.  Hunter Biden and his father are under investigation for tax and pay for play. The already know he is guilty of the firearms violations, they have the gun, they have the paperwork he falsified to buy it. He should be in prison. Clear politics. And Wray may be a Trump appointed Director, but he works for Garland, who clearly is still butt hurt over the SC deal. 
Reply/Quote
It will be very interesting to see the warrant return and listen to the explanation the GOP is demanding. I'd have loved to have been there when they brought the safe cracker in and opened Trumps empty safe. Al Capone's Vault all over again.....
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: Trump just took the 5th in his deposition in the New York fraud case.  In a civil case, which this is, Taking the 5th can be used against him

(08-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was on advice of his attorney and very smart. Even if he has nothing to hide, giving no statement in a deposition simply shuts down their attempts at getting him in a perjury trap they could then use against him when they find nothing else. 

I have to agree that taking the 5th is smart for him.

I also have to say that DJT has a history of saying taking the 5th means your guilty (it doesn't) so he deserves to get raspberries about doing it.

Now the statement says he WILL take the 5th.  I wonder if his ego will allow him to keep that promise.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

The DOJ goes after people who break the law.

But it leaves people who don't break the law alone.

That has too look like a double standard from the MAGA viewpoint. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: See, you do not understand how it works. The FBI came out and said they didn't feel like Clinton meant to do it, so they would not prosecute what were multiple clear violations of the law dealing with classified material. This is not the FBI's place. They are supposed to investigate and present it to a Federal Prosecutor who then makes the decision. Her case was never presented. Clear politics.  Hunter Biden and his father are under investigation for tax and pay for play. The already know he is guilty of the firearms violations, they have the gun, they have the paperwork he falsified to buy it. He should be in prison. Clear politics. And Wray may be a Trump appointed Director, but he works for Garland, who clearly is still butt hurt over the SC deal. 
There is no evidence other than conservative's hopes that Joe Biden is under investigation for anything

Trump has a long history of ignoring subpoenas.  He has public disdain for federal law enforcement.  He had documents he wasn't turning over even though it would have been very easy to do so. They wanted the documents...NOW...not when the former narcissist in chief felt like it.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote