Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
This was put a good light on the events at Trump's home.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The FBI search warrant was based on information from a confidential source, who told the FBI what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, according to a report by Newsweek. <a href="https://t.co/PjgoG1RPsM">https://t.co/PjgoG1RPsM</a></p>&mdash; Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) <a href="https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1557399008645193731?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I looked up the gun story.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/25/sources-secret-service-inserted-itself-into-case-of-hunter-bidens-gun-477879

A couple things caught my eye:

In 2018 when Biden was not under SS protection someone claiming to be SS asked for the paperwork from the purchase.  That's weird as Trump was in office and why would they want to cover up for hunter?

Secondly this quote:

I'm going to suppose that this is one of those things where the governing body chooses when and where to enforce the law because there would be so many to go after.  But I don't know.

So I'm not sure who "they" are but nonetheless his not being prosecuted falls into the "rare" category I guess.

On the trading, I have been against members of congress and their spouses trading because whether they "know" anything or not there will always be the appearance of illegality.  Much like I wanted Trump to completely divest of his businesses.

And for Clinton, well, I'll just leave it as it wouldn't matter what I said because over six years of "lock her up" chants has made it hard to convince anyone who believes that any different.

Lastly not a single one of those things has any bearing on what happened with Trump as he signed the law that he broke.

Because they were loyal to Biden....

One law enforcement official said that at the time of the incident, individual Secret Service agents at the agency’s offices in Wilmington, Del., and Philadelphia kept an informal hand in maintaining the former vice president’s security. The person cited an instance in 2019 when the Wilmington office of the Secret Service called the Delaware State Police to arrange security for a public appearance by Biden.
Reply/Quote
Can't we just draw the obvious conclusion that it isn't D vs R but it is rich vs poor that keeps people above the law? Geez, if you really think the justice system is out to get republicans then change your registration and go on a spree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just draw the obvious conclusion that it isn't D vs R but it is rich vs poor that keeps people above the law?  Geez, if you really think the justice system is out to get republicans then change your registration and go on a spree.

DingDing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I can’t figure out what I’m rooting to happen. I feel all hell is going to break out if the find something or they don’t find something. I think I’d prefer they don’t. That way people can just, hopefully, call it a witch-hunt and make fun of the stupid Biden admin. I don’t want the crazies unleashed if Trump were to be arrested.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 05:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t figure out what I’m rooting to happen. I feel all hell is going to break out if the find something or they don’t find something. I think I’d prefer they don’t. That way people can just, hopefully, call it a witch-hunt and make fun of the stupid Biden admin. I don’t want the crazies unleashed if Trump were to be arrested.

They can release the crazies no matter what happens.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because they were loyal to Biden....

One law enforcement official said that at the time of the incident, individual Secret Service agents at the agency’s offices in Wilmington, Del., and Philadelphia kept an informal hand in maintaining the former vice president’s security. The person cited an instance in 2019 when the Wilmington office of the Secret Service called the Delaware State Police to arrange security for a public appearance by Biden.

lol...ok, sure.  SS, who were not protecting Biden, asked the state police to provide security...ooooh!  They must have been so loyal they went to the gun shop instead or, uh, asking the state police to do it?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47y44m6dgdpl8h8ihhfo...y.gif&ct=g]

If that's your proof then there's no sense trying to discuss it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They can release the crazies no matter what happens.  

This.

The maga crowd cries "civil war" every time they get their feelings hurt whether they understand what happened or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump could shoot a guy on 5th Avenue and Republicans would be furious at Democrats.</p>&mdash; Schooley (@Rschooley) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1557195230171893760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm no Sauron fan, but here's why forming a fellowship to raid Mount Doom and destroy the One Ring is going to enrage his base</p>&mdash; Jokin Rokin Rokin Tolkien ?️?? (@joshcarlosjosh) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshcarlosjosh/status/1557071033646981121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2022</a></blockquote> 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:45 AM)pally Wrote: Trump just took the 5th in his deposition in the New York fraud case.  In a civil case, which this is, Taking the 5th can be used against him
Makes you wonder if he was afraid the truth would sink him or afraid he couldn't tell the truth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't think any lawyer worth a nickel would be dumb enough to put Trump on the stand for questioning.  He'd almost certainly be a liability for anyone defending him, and most of all a danger to himself.  The guy just wings it most of the time and prepping for any kind of responses from him would be pure torture.  He'd get himself convicted and inevitably blame the attorneys that he paid to gently encourage him to keep his yap shut in short order.  Trump's testimony could very likely turn into another case in and of itself.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They can release the crazies no matter what happens.  

I'm not even sure Trump has much control over the mob.  They turned on him quick when he told them to get vaccinated.  He might have ignited the movement, but I think that dog will hunt even if Trump falls off the face of the earth.  
Reply/Quote
Conservative mouthpieces going so far as to claim the left is possibly enacting a plot to assassinate Trump doesn't bode well for our country's sanity.

Trump has also tossed it out there that "everyone" was asked to leave the premises and the FBI was acting without witnesses and hopefully weren't planting anything.  Trump preemptively suggesting the FBI may have planted evidence makes me think the odds of them finding nothing are slim.  He tends to really telegraph this stuff, but time will tell.
Reply/Quote
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mar-lago-fbi-raid-facts-1732221

So my understanding is that the judge who allowed the search is asking the FBI to explain things now better to the public. Right now nobody is commenting. Garland...nothing. Biden...nothing. Wray...nothing. All saying this is part of a criminal investigation they can't communicate on. However the judge is reciting this Newsweek story where two current FBI officials are already making comments. The judge is saying if these two want to 'grant interviews', then their argument to not comment in more detail is now weakened.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:07 AM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mar-lago-fbi-raid-facts-1732221

So my understanding is that the judge who allowed the search is asking the FBI to explain things now better to the public.  Right now nobody is commenting.  Garland...nothing.   Biden...nothing.  Wray...nothing.  All saying this is part of a criminal investigation they can't communicate on.  However the judge is reciting this Newsweek story where two current FBI officials are already making comments.  The judge is saying if these two want to 'grant interviews', then their argument to not comment in more detail is now weakened.

I don't think the FBI explains details of an active investigation to the public. And I Know Merrick Garland the AG doesn't. And Biden is POTUS and doesn't speak for the DOJ.

I didn't see the two current officials in the article. Lot of pictures and stuff and ads. Nothing about two current officials?
Reply/Quote
If all these snowflakes calling for war would just settle down and imagine the FBI had their knee on trumps neck for 8 minutes while on camera as he died out on the street or that they had a search warrant for the neighbors house and instead busted in and shot him dead while he and Melania were in bed, maybe they would settle down and stop attacking LEOs?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think the FBI explains details of an active investigation to the public. And I Know Merrick Garland the AG doesn't. And Biden is POTUS and doesn't speak for the DOJ.

I didn't see the two current officials in the article. Lot of pictures and stuff and ads. Nothing about two current officials?

That's fair.  Did not realize that.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think the FBI explains details of an active investigation to the public. And I Know Merrick Garland the AG doesn't. And Biden is POTUS and doesn't speak for the DOJ.

Yeah, Garland doesn't have a history of talking about what he's up to and that history was pointed out when the left was whining that he "obviously" wasn't going to do anything about Trump.

The 1/6 investigation has shown that Trump has contact with conservative pundits, and seeing how they were secretly trying to convince Trump to call off the 1/6 thing before going on their shows and saying "Antifa is doing this!" and seeing them now hammering home the possibility that the FBI planted evidence in Trump's home makes it look like they are already doing damage control for something being found.

If there is nothing, Trump was in the right.
If there is something, Trump is in the right because it was planted.

Bases preemptively covered again.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, Garland doesn't have a history of talking about what he's up to and that history was pointed out when the left was whining that he "obviously" wasn't going to do anything about Trump.

The 1/6 investigation has shown that Trump has contact with conservative pundits, and seeing how they were secretly trying to convince Trump to call off the 1/6 thing before going on their shows and saying "Antifa is doing this!" and seeing them now hammering home the possibility that the FBI planted evidence in Trump's home makes it look like they are already doing damage control for something being found.

If there is nothing, Trump was in the right.
If there is something, Trump is in the right because it was planted.

Bases preemptively covered again.

i plead the 5th
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 09:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't think the FBI explains details of an active investigation to the public. And I Know Merrick Garland the AG doesn't. And Biden is POTUS and doesn't speak for the DOJ.

Correct. The SOP from the FBI is not to comment on ongoing investigations, which is why Comey's comments on Hillary Clinton were considered so outside of the norm. Garland has been very tight-lipped, and I appreciate that. When it comes to investigations like this it is a no-win situation to comment on them. If charges haven't been brought, and honestly even then, so much can change at a given time that comments can be outdated by the time they are made. Plus, commenting to say someone is the subject/target of an investigation just creates guilt in the public eye. That is something the DoJ should be 100% against.

As for the Biden administration, they have made their comment. Biden had no knowledge of the raid beforehand and found out from the media just like the rest of the public. That is also as it should be. What else could they say?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 10:01 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: i plead the 5th

Trump fan, huh?  Nice.  Yeah, I see you still have the 2020 sign up...yep, I'm with you on that...well minus the Pence part, haha!  So before I take your daughter out on our date I'd just like to put you at ease by telling you that anyone who says anything bad about me is a liar who has an agenda against me, anything in my possession or on my computer that is illegal was planted there by the FBI and I will now invoke my right to refuse to answer any of your questions on these matters.

Oh, also I own lots of unregistered guns because the government is corrupt as hell.  So, is it too soon to call you dad?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 10:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump fan, huh?  Nice.  Yeah, I see you still have the 2020 sign up...yep, I'm with you on that...well minus the Pence part, haha!  So before I take your daughter out on our date I'd just like to put you at ease by telling you that anyone who says anything bad about me is a liar who has an agenda against me, anything in my possession or on my computer that is illegal was planted there by the FBI and I will now invoke my right to refuse to answer any of your questions on these matters.

Oh, also I own lots of unregistered guns because the government is corrupt as hell.  So, is it too soon to call you dad?

Well I think just like the KY AG Daniel Cameron who just said it best "Folks here in Kentucky will always support someone the media despises and the left hates, because it means that person is standing up for their values."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2022/08/11/kentucky-republican-officials-weigh-in-on-fbi-search-of-trump-property/65399242007/

Law and order... and in the far distance reality exists somewhere
Reply/Quote