Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI suggests teachers to report students who question the gov't
Link to the Stink

Quote:New federal guidelines have just been introduced across the country, and what they mandate is quite disturbing to civil libertarians. The FBI has now instructed high schools across the nation to report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”

The FBI is interested in determining – as part of some warped “pre-crime” program – who might become potential future terrorists ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Dammit. The title should say 'suggests' instead of 'orders'.
Here is the link to the actual article.

https://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-PreventingExtremismSchools.pdf
Maybe now they'll return my calls after years of telling me to stop sending them lists of students I suspect to be communists.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2016, 10:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Maybe now they'll return my calls after years of telling me to stop sending them lists of students I suspect to be communists.

To quote a certain President, the 1980s called.  They want their foreign policy back.  Keep up with the times, teach.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-09-2016, 11:14 AM)michaelsean Wrote: To quote a certain President, the 1980s called.  They want their foreign policy back.  Keep up with the times, teach.

Yeah, but that might become relevant again all too soon.
(03-09-2016, 11:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, but that might become relevant again all too soon.
Now you are quoting the former presidential candidate that inspired the former quote.

Besides they aren't going to be investigating commies when we have one as President.    How would that look? Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Not that big of a deal to me.

Whenever some nut job kid goes off their is often an out cry about how "clear warning signs" had been ignored. So I don't mind the FBI being notified of this information.

Obviously a teacher's report alone should not be enough to allow phone taps or search warrants, but the teacher's warning will serve as a red flag if the kids name shows up elsewhere else if he is involved in any other suspicious behavior.
(03-09-2016, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not that big of a deal to me.

Whenever some nut job kid goes off their is often an out cry about how "clear warning signs" had been ignored.  So I don't mind the FBI being notified of this information.

Obviously a teacher's report alone should not be enough to allow phone taps or search warrants, but the teacher's warning will serve as a red flag if the kids name shows up elsewhere else if he is involved in any other suspicious behavior.

Maybe if it's over the top crazy, but half the kids in the 60s would have qualified.  

I don't really see how this is different than, "If you see something, say something".
Hmm, criticizing the government is becoming "bad" again? I have a feeling they're predicting a Republican president in 2016.
(03-09-2016, 01:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't really see how this is different than, "If you see something, say something".

So long as people only focus on white, male loners I'm good with it. Rolleyes
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-09-2016, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, criticizing the government is becoming "bad" again?  I have a feeling they're predicting a Republican president in 2016.

That's funny because a post of mine from a couple years ago showed up in my Facebook memories saying the exact same thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.