Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FBI targets Trump followers
https://www.newsweek.com/2023/10/13/exclusive-fbi-targets-trump-followers-2024-election-nears-1831836.html

If true, this is 3rd world country stuff by our justice department. It is also been addressed by President Biden. It is a sad day when partisan politics is weaponized by the political power in charge using the F.B.I. and the D.O.J. Noone shoud be bullied by the government to stop voicing ther first admendment rights, but it appears that is the country we live in.

The Trump message is simple, he is fighting for every American who could be targeted by our Justice Department. The answer is never violence, the answer is get rid of the weaponized DOJ by winning the Presidency, Senate and the House.

Exclusive: Donald Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears
BY WILLIAM M. ARKIN ON 10/04/23 AT 5:00 AM EDT

Comments
01:15Exclusive: The FBI Targets Trump Followers As The 2024 Election Nears
POLITICS
DONALD TRUMP
FBI
JANUARY 6
PROUD BOYS
The federal government believes that the threat of violence and major civil disturbances around the 2024 U.S. presidential election is so great that it has quietly created a new category of extremists that it seeks to track and counter: Donald Trump's army of MAGA followers.

The challenge for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the primary federal agency charged with law enforcement, is to pursue and prevent what it calls domestic terrorism without direct reference to political parties or affiliations—even though the vast majority of its current "anti-government" investigations are of Trump supporters, according to classified data obtained by Newsweek.

"The FBI is in an almost impossible position," says a current FBI official, who requested anonymity to discuss highly sensitive internal matters. The official said that the FBI is intent on stopping domestic terrorism and any repeat of the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. But the Bureau must also preserve the Constitutional right of all Americans to campaign, speak freely and protest the government. By focusing on former president Trump and his MAGA (Make America Great Again) supporters, the official said, the Bureau runs the risk of provoking the very anti-government activists that the terrorism agencies hope to counter.

What the FBI Data Shows
From the president down, the Biden administration has presented Trump and MAGA as an existential threat to American democracy and talked up the risk of domestic terrorism and violence associated with the 2024 election campaign.

"Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans are a threat to the very soul of this country," President Biden tweeted last September, the first time that he explicitly singled out the former president. "MAGA Republicans aim to question not only the legitimacy of past elections but elections being held now and into the future," Biden said.

Biden's Homeland Security Advisor Liz Sherwood-Randall said: "The use of violence to pursue political ends is a profound threat to our public safety and national security...it is a threat to our national identity, our values, our norms, our rule of law—our democracy."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/politics/surveillance-video-voting-machine-breach-coffee-county-georgia/index.html

Umm. They better be watching every move they make. When the little old ladies are behind illegal voting breaches….

Way too few of the traitors in jail. Who knows what they try this time.
Reply/Quote
If tracking people whose actions, behaviors and online presence indicate they may turn to domestic violence is third world country stuff, we've been a third world country for decades, if not longer.

So no big change.
Reply/Quote
I can't remember. Who was it that had followers ransack the capitol and erect a guillotine in an effort to overthrow America? You know, the one who organized a group of fake electors to rig the election in multiple states, illegally accessed voting machines, and stole election data? Can't remember who that was. We should probably watch out for serious crimes like that though.
Reply/Quote
Open secret: profiling works
Reply/Quote
Yet you are the victims again ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
If you don't want to be targeted by law enforcement as a potential domestic terrorist then don't act like a domestic terrorist. Seems like a simple enough thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of this:

[Image: 5-white-nationalists-sue-seattle-man-for...db0b0363d7]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
If the Republican Party just would modify their stance on abortion, the Dems would be slam dunked in the election. I think people see the daily crime, and now see no cash bails added, and that means more than MAGA issues.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the "stop and frisk" program Republicans are so fond of when it targets black people

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wait wait wait - you're upset the FBI is...*checks notes*...going after domestic terrorists?

Isn't that their whole gig?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 04:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wait wait wait - you're upset the FBI is...*checks notes*...going after domestic terrorists?

Isn't that their whole gig?

I mean, if you don't want to draw the attention of law enforcement, then don't break the law. Isn't that what we've always heard from "conservatives?" Seems like there is something different about it this time around, though. Can't quite put my finger on it...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 05:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, if you don't want to draw the attention of law enforcement, then don't break the law. Isn't that what we've always heard from "conservatives?" Seems like there is something different about it this time around, though. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Hang on, let me dust off this meme from the halcyon conservative days of the "shoulda stopped resisting" era.

[Image: 57464e8efe9945db818bc801d9117561ade2ac2c...fdc_1.webp]
Reply/Quote
Looks like I’m gonna have to try to stop shouting “This is MAGA country!” when I’m out misdemeanorin’
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 09:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you don't want to be targeted by law enforcement as a potential domestic terrorist then don't act like a domestic terrorist. Seems like a simple enough thing.

I thought you were supposed to be the reasonable guy. We watched the DOJ and FBI target conservatives with no evidence since 2015. 

Why should any conservative trust the FBI and DOJ would not plant evidence to take out a conservative?

Hell Trump is going through a fake civil trial as we speak, a civil trial that was thrown out in criminal court. Yeah, we should all trust our liberal prosecutors, FBI and DOJ.  Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 05:53 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Looks like I’m gonna have to try to stop shouting “This is MAGA country!” when I’m out misdemeanorin’

Have you tried shouting "You're only arresting me because I'm not black!!!!"
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought you were supposed to be the reasonable guy. We watched the DOJ and FBI target conservatives with no evidence since 2015. 

Why should any conservative trust the FBI and DOJ would not plant evidence to take out a conservative?

Hell Trump is going through a fake civil trial as we speak, a civil trial that was thrown out in criminal court. Yeah, we should all trust our liberal prosecutors, FBI and DOJ.  Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm

Do MAGA people believe that Chris Hansen and Dateline NBC framed the guys who showed up on To Catch A Predator?  Asking for a friend who is sick of being banned from the public pool.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought you were supposed to be the reasonable guy. We watched the DOJ and FBI target conservatives with no evidence since 2015. 

Oh it goes further back than that.
Old 2002 article.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-terrorist-threat-confronting-the-united-states

“Domestic Terrorism

Domestic right-wing terrorist groups often adhere to the principles of racial supremacy and embrace antigovernment, antiregulatory beliefs. Generally, extremist right-wing groups engage in activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action.

On the national level, formal right-wing hate groups, such as the National Alliance, the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC) and the Aryan Nations, represent a continuing terrorist threat. Although efforts have been made by some extremist groups to reduce openly racist rhetoric in order to appeal to a broader segment of the population and to focus increased attention on antigovernment sentiment, racism-based hatred remains an integral component of these groups’ core orientations.

Right-wing groups continue to represent a serious terrorist threat. Two of the seven planned acts of terrorism prevented in 1999 were potentially large-scale, high-casualty attacks being planned by organized right-wing extremist groups.”

They are well aware of the composition of the trump base and who the right wing hate groups worship. The calls for civil war and violence… Enemies foreign and domestic homie. You choosing to stand next to them is on you.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 05:25 PM)? Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, if you don't want to draw the attention of law enforcement, then don't break the law. Isn't that what we've always heard from "conservatives?" Seems like there is something different about it this time around, though. Can't quite put my finger on it...

But what if the guy you wanted to be president didn't win? 

Seems perfectly rational to make sure that never happens again.

People should be angry when big government steps in and calls it " sedition" or "terrorism"

when real Americans just want to make sure their votes count a little more.  
Reply/Quote

Guess I missed whatever happened in 2015.

How many FBI agents are "conservative" do you suppose?
Reply/Quote