Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI to re-open Email Investigation
(10-28-2016, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing another 45 minute chat on the tarmac with Bill, about grandchildren of course, can't fix.

Or another DNC worker getting "robbed" by getting shot in the back and having nothing taken.
Some of you trump people need your tin foil upped from the dollar store brand
People suck
(10-28-2016, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we all can agree that it's the Russians

[Image: 39674-is-famous-for-name-something-russia-russ.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-28-2016, 05:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They actually aren't reopening the investigation. They are assessing emails to see if they contain classified information at all, and if they do, if they are pertinent to the investigation.

They aren't reopening it, they don't even know if these emails matter at all. He was just notifying people that there was new information.

But Matt that doesn't fit into a sensational headline to get the conspiracy theorists and people who "aren't defending Trump" into a lather!

(10-28-2016, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The "I didn't know" defense only has to hold up for about 10 more days, then she can pardon herself.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Word is BO has canceled his scheduled speaking engagements on Hilldawg's campaign trail.
(10-28-2016, 09:54 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Did I hear correctly that Hillary did a press conference to address this? She hasn't done a press conference her whole campaign so that's some heavy duty damage control if it's true.

Yep.  Saying to tell the country quickly what they found is clearly out of some kind of "damage control" due to it being bad.  Mellow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html

Quote:"Voting is underway, so the American people deserve to get the full and complete facts immediately," Clinton said at a brief news conference in Des Moines, Iowa, adding it was "imperative that the bureau explain this issue in question, whatever it is, without any delay."

Clinton said she was "confident whatever (the emails) are will not change the conclusion reached in July," when Comey said he wouldn't recommend criminal charges in the matter.

Meanwhile wannabe POTUS show further lack of understanding:

Quote:Republican nominee Donald Trump, who has spent the past several weeks on defense, seized on the issue.

"Hillary Clinton's corruption is on a scale we've never seen before," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. 
"We must not let her take her criminal scheme into the Oval Office."

Hillary Clinton's email controversy, explained

He later responded to Clinton's statement, saying she "tried to politicize the investigation by attacking and falsely accusing the FBI director of only sending the letter to Republicans."

Also from the same article:

Quote:Lynch and Yates objected after Comey gave advance notice to top officials at the Justice Department before sending the letter to lawmakers, law enforcement officials briefed on the matter said. Justice officials didn't sign off on Comey's decision and he didn't seek their approval, one official said.

Instead, he made an independent decision to go against longstanding Justice Department and FBI practice to not comment publicly about politically sensitive investigations within 60 days of an election, the official said.

Comey later explained his decision to provide Congress with the information in a letter to FBI employees.

"We don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed," Comey said. "I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

Sounds like someone recognizes the circus that the GOP makes out of every perceived "cover up" so he went against usual procedure and informed them....and they went out and made more of a deal out of it that it probably is.

Quote:The FBI chief felt he had no choice but to tell Congress now or risk being accused of hiding relevant information before the election, law enforcement officials said in explaining the timing. The letter was "carefully worded," one of the officials said.

The news united Republicans who have spent the past several weeks grappling with Trump's controversies. Speaker Paul Ryan jumped on Comey's announcement to blast Clinton.

Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, tweeted after the news broke, "A great day in our campaign just got even better."

Ryan said Clinton betrayed Americans' trust for handling "the nation's most important secrets."

"This decision, long overdue, is the result of her reckless use of a private email server, and her refusal to be forthcoming with federal investigators," Ryan said in a statement. "I renew my call for the Director of National Intelligence to suspend all classified briefings for Secretary Clinton until this matter is fully resolved."

I'm stunned.
(10-29-2016, 12:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Saying to tell the country quickly what they found is clearly out of some kind of "damage control" due to it being bad.  Mellow

It's her campaign taking a complete 180 on their handling of this topic and Clinton controversy in general in the final two weeks of the campaign that's astonishing. She got this far by basically ignoring everything against her and having surrogates go out and publicly down play anything by blaming a Russian conspiracy.

Why does she need to beg the FBI to release them? If they are Secretary of State related emails and they truly aren't classified, why wouldn't she just release everything she has on her own?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-29-2016, 01:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's her campaign taking a complete 180 on their handling of this topic and Clinton controversy in general in the final two weeks of the campaign that's astonishing. She got this far by basically ignoring everything against her and having surrogates go out and publicly down play anything by blaming a Russian conspiracy.

Why does she need to beg the FBI to release them? If they are Secretary of State related emails and they truly aren't classified, why wouldn't she just release everything she has on her own?

By saying they having she has, she agrees with the results of the investigation and then moving.  That's creating controversy?

She needs the FBI to release the new ones because they are part of a DIFFERENT investigation.  On the phone of the wife of the man under investigation.

Tin foil...aisle 2.
(10-29-2016, 12:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sounds like someone recognizes the circus that the GOP makes out of every perceived "cover up" so he went against usual procedure and informed them....and they went out and made more of a deal out of it that it probably is.

I'm stunned.

Like others have referenced, Comey was boned either way. He either sits on it until after election day and everyone loses their shit, or he drops it before election day and everyone loses their shit. 

He just chose the latter, for what I'm sure he finds are good reasons.
(10-29-2016, 09:12 AM)Griever Wrote: Some of you trump people need your tin foil upped from the dollar store brand

Kind of like when Hillary said that the claims that her husband was cheating with Monica was a "vast right-wing conspiracy". And we all know it definitely was back then. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(10-29-2016, 09:12 AM)Griever Wrote: Some of you trump people need your tin foil upped from the dollar store brand

What if tin foil hats actually worked, which is why you can only ever find aluminum foil now?

[Image: frabz-1cf317.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-29-2016, 06:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Kind of like when Hillary said that the claims that her husband was cheating with Monica was a "vast right-wing conspiracy". And we all know it definitely was back then. 

You do you know it was about more than the Lewinski stuff...right?

Probably not.
Last I heard was that they didn't even have a warrant yet to read the emails. They could be emails already reviewed, they have no idea.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-29-2016, 10:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Last I heard was that they didn't even have a warrant yet to read the emails. They could be emails already reviewed, they have no idea.

That's bad for a number of reasons.  The biggest is the fact that it seems fairly unlikely that they'll have the time to unravel what's in all of them in time for the election.  At that point all you have is speculation and each side running in the opposite direction to control the narrative.  Both campaigns have been pretty vocal about wanting to make findings public ASAP.  I don't see it happening.
(10-29-2016, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: You do you know it was about more than the Lewinski stuff...right?

Probably not.

He lied about getting his whistle blown....He lied....does it matter?
--------------------------------------------------------

(10-28-2016, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing another 45 minute chat on the tarmac with Bill, about grandchildren of course, can't fix.

(10-28-2016, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair, that meeting was accidental.

OK, I can't do it....

So what are you guys claiming happened?

Did Bill threaten the attorney general with a gun or something?

He has not athorithy over her now.  So how could he have forced her hand regarding Hillary?

Maybe I need a new tinfiol hat, but I never really understood what people claimed happened during that meeting.

What could he have done in person that he could not have done much more privately over the phone?
(10-29-2016, 07:29 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Or another DNC worker getting "robbed" by getting shot in the back and having nothing taken.

You people are crazy.

Seth Rich was conscious when police found him.  Don't you think a guy who was about to blow the whistle on Hillary might have mentioned something like that to the police before he died?
(10-29-2016, 11:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He lied about getting his whistle blown....He lied....does it matter?

You were talking about Hillary Clinton and her "right wing conspiracy"...not Bill Clinton lying about his affair.

What she said wasn't just about Lewinski.

Do try and keep up with your own accusations.
(10-29-2016, 06:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Kind of like when Hillary said that the claims that her husband was cheating with Monica was a "vast right-wing conspiracy". And we all know it definitely was back then. 

She wasn't just talking just about the Lewinsky scandal, but about decades of faux scandals ginned up by Republican donors and operatives.
(10-29-2016, 11:59 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He lied about getting his whistle blown....He lied....does it matter?
Does it matter whether there is a well funded disinformation campaign operating over decades to discredit the Clintons?

I'd say it does. Whitewatergate, troopergate, travelgate, Vice Foster, Benghazi, etc. etc. etc. Remember the Congressional investigation which subpoenaed thousands of Clinton Christmas cards?

Add to this the Russian government and Wikileaks striving to throw a US election to the least-qualified candidate.

In the midst of this, an FBI director breaks all precedent, first to publicly offer his own opinion (apparently under pressure from Republican Congressmen) about a case he planned not to prosecute, and then to once again to throw questions upon an already volatile election days before it is to be decided, apparently for fear that something "might" come out later.