Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FC Cincinnati! hype!
First off I am triggered that football/soccer isnt mentioned under this topic.

More importantly lets discuss the most exciting professional team in Cincinnati, and that is FC Cincinnati (tier 2). They just beat Chicago (MLS tier 1) tonight on pens on ESPN, and move to the quarterfinals on the US tourney amongst the leagues here. They also had the second largest crowd in the tourney's history just over 32000. Only player of note I know of on Chicago was Schweinsteiger who played years for Bayern Munich super club and then a bit for Manchester U before coming to Chicago this year. He also played on the German national team in world cups.

Anyways FC Cincy won, and after tonight & after beating the Columbus Crew recently (another MLS team), they are in my opinion the most exciting sports team in the area this year, and probably will be based on the other two pro teams recent histories.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I probably shouldn't have watched the end of the game. I'm jacked up right now and sleep likely isn't going to come easy, hah.

I was worried during the first 30 minutes or so when it looked like it was going to be horribly one-sided. After the half though, that was damn exciting. It's a shame Cincinnati got screwed twice by the refs (which is how you know they're a Cincinnati sports team) forcing the kicks, but damn... exciting.

I hope MLS comes calling soon, before Jimmy and Mitch get lured away next year like Sean Okoli did.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mitch hildebrandt played out of his mind.... best display of goalkeeping that I can remember in a very very long time.

I was telling my buddy the last time I was this hyped for a cincy sporting event was Seahawks/bengals.

What a great game and what a great crowd!!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 12:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I probably shouldn't have watched the end of the game. I'm jacked up right now and sleep likely isn't going to come easy, hah.

I was worried during the first 30 minutes or so when it looked like it was going to be horribly one-sided. After the half though, that was damn exciting. It's a shame Cincinnati got screwed twice by the refs (which is how you know they're a Cincinnati sports team) forcing the kicks, but damn... exciting.

At least it was good for ratings and people will remember this game outside of Cincy... maybe. It couldn't have happened on a better night with minimal competition for tv.

I took zzzzquill myself, between the gallons of diet dew (not really gallons) and the PK ending I'm right there with you
Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/charliehatch_/status/880258992819372032/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/fccincinnati/status/880264964644233218/video/1
Reply/Quote
Their are on the right track. They looked out mached early on but they found away to win against a much better team. The reds and Bengals better watch out because this team is about steal this City heart.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 12:31 AM)J24 Wrote: Their are on the right track. They looked out mached early on but they found away to win against a much better team. The reds and Bengals better watch out because this team is about steal this City ?.

Well they were outmatched for sure, but they played with an extra defender to be bend/break... and goalie played amazing. They couldn't have kept up normally but great adjustment by the coach, and great execution by the players.

And yes, fcc is def on the rise
Reply/Quote
The one announcer was also a big Bengals fan, they pointed that out during the second half.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 01:34 AM)sloSTI Wrote: The one announcer was also a big Bengals fan, they pointed that out during the second half.

Pointed it out by harassing him over Lewis' 0-7 postseason record.   Cry

- - - - - - - - - - - 

The more I think about it, the more I think FCC should just stay in Nippert. Good atmosphere, lots of bars and restaurants around, big college population (who are more likely to be soccer fans) on hand.

I don't think Cincinnati is going to pay $100m, and Covington/Newport just won't be the same for the fan turnout.

I can't imagine MLS is going to look at a team with constant 20k+ turnouts, with 30k+ big games, and say "no thanks, your perfectly great stadium isn't soccer specific".

Reply/Quote
I can't recall THAT bad of officiating... ever. Not even Steelers vs Bengals refereeing was THAT bad.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pointed it out by harassing him over Lewis' 0-7 postseason record.   Cry

- - - - - - - - - - - 

The more I think about it, the more I think FCC should just stay in Nippert. Good atmosphere, lots of bars and restaurants around, big college population (who are more likely to be soccer fans) on hand.

I don't think Cincinnati is going to pay $100m, and Covington/Newport just won't be the same for the fan turnout.

I can't imagine MLS is going to look at a team with constant 20k+ turnouts, with 30k+ big games, and say "no thanks, your perfectly great stadium isn't soccer specific".
From my understanding the reason why MLS wants Cincinnati or any expansion team to have a stadium is so it can control 100% of the revenue from the stadium which it can't in a shared stadium.
J24

Reply/Quote
They won last night in the US Cup, beating Miami's tier 2 club. Now its on to the semi's August 15th against the MLS team NY Red Bulls down at Nippert. I bet it will be packed house.

Reply/Quote
And their run just ended to the Red Bulls. Were up 2-0 in the 2nd half, but just got dominated on possession while the Red Bulls talent definitely took over winning 3-2 in OT. Their midfield play was just terrible though for possession. Oh well, it was a great run for their second year of existence.

I just hope they can get a stadium and a pitch with real grass in the future. That turf they play on looks terrible for soccer, and will hinder bringing in better foreign talent in the future.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: And their run just ended to the Red Bulls. Were up 2-0 in the 2nd half, but just got dominated on possession while the Red Bulls talent definitely took over winning 3-2 in OT. Their midfield play was just terrible though for possession. Oh well, it was a great run for their second year of existence.

I just hope they can get a stadium and a pitch with real grass in the future. That turf they play on looks terrible for soccer, and will hinder bringing in better foreign talent in the future.

Their shit ended the way all Cincy sports runs that give you hope do. A crushing kick to the dick. Up 2-0 with 15:00 left. Essentially a Hill fumble.

The city is cursed when it comes to sports. There's no argument.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Their shit ended the way all Cincy sports runs that give you hope do. A crushing kick to the dick. Up 2-0 with 15:00 left. Essentially a Hill fumble.

Yep

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:58 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Their shit ended the way all Cincy sports runs that give you hope do. A crushing kick to the dick. Up 2-0 with 15:00 left. Essentially a Hill fumble.

At this point it's more comforting than success. I know how to react to crushing kicks to the dick. I've had a lifetime of Cincinnati sports fandom to master that... but success? The hell does one do with that? Ninja

Nah, sarcasm aside, it was a pretty impressive run they had there.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 03:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At this point it's more comforting than success. I know how to react to crushing kicks to the dick. I've had a lifetime of Cincinnati sports fandom to master that... but success? The hell does one do with that? Ninja

Nah, sarcasm aside, it was a pretty impressive run they had there.

Yeah it was pretty cool to see how the city got behind them. Can't even imagine the fever pitch if the Bengals accidentally tripped and fell backward into some success.
Reply/Quote
Im a lifelong Reds Bengals fan. My wife bought me an FCC polo shirt for father's day last year
Reply/Quote
A deal has been struck to have a stadium in the West end with city Council. Looks like Cincy to MLS is happening expect an announcement within the next week or two.
J24

Reply/Quote
Vote approved MLS announcement should be soon!!!
J24

Reply/Quote