Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCC to fine AT&T 100 Million for Capping Unlimited Data
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/17/fcc-fines-att-100-million/28863455/

Should've been done a long time ago. It's absolutely amazing the lack of transparency and the amount deception Internet providers get away with. Half the time I'm not even sure the consumer understands what they're supposed to be getting when they buy into an internet package whether it's broadband or through a cell phone carrier to understand how they're being deceived.

(Wasn't sure if this should be in PnR or not.)
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 05:29 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/17/fcc-fines-att-100-million/28863455/

Should've been done a long time ago. It's absolutely amazing the lack of transparency and the amount deception Internet providers get away with. Half the time I'm not even sure the consumer understands what they're supposed to be getting when they buy into an internet package whether it's broadband or through a cell phone carrier to understand how they're being deceived.

whats even funnier is all the people who kept their service when it had to be pretty obvious that not only are they paying more than most everyone else but their speeds where slowing down.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 05:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats even funnier is all the people who kept their service when it had to be pretty obvious that not only are they paying more than most everyone else but their speeds where slowing down.

And even more hilarious is none of those customers get a penny of that $100 million fine .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 06:47 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: And even more hilarious is none of those customers get a penny of that $100 million fine .....

You are correct.  If anything, they should be forced to give that money back to the consumers that were duped from their services.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You are correct.  If anything, they should be forced to give that money back to the consumers that were duped from their services.

Consumers would never see that money anyway. The Gov would seize that... Unfortuantely the customers got duped
Reply/Quote