Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FEC looking into AOC and 10 other Democrats for campaign finance violations
(06-10-2019, 05:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: You still living in denial about how this thing works? She's a Dem. Dems don't get away with anything. Bfine knows this and proves the point as you don't hear any of this when it comes to Trumps campaign finance issues (that he's bragged about, and gotten away with).

Americans don't play when it comes to Dems. Until voters hold both parties to equal standards, you'll see Republicans and Trump supporters attacking Dems while ignoring, voting for, defending, and supporting Trump and Republicans doing the same thing.

Yes still in denial. I’m still under the impression that the Dems took back the house.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They run the FEC?

Until Americans quit turning a blind eye, Dems being held at higher standards will continue to be the case.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-11-2019, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: They run the FEC?

Until Americans quit turning a blind eye, Dems being held at higher standards will continue to be the case.

Would you rather they be held to lower standards?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-10-2019, 12:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Her "definition" isn't moot if it's what you were openly criticizing, but your need to be antagonistic this morning has been noted so I won't bother you anymore. 

Is this more of Omar owning it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-omar-filed-joint-tax-175510010.html

Quote:Minnesota campaign finance officials said last week that U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar misused campaign funds in violation of state rules. They also revealed that she had filed joint tax returns with her husband years before they were legally married and at a time when she was married to another man.......
Quote:Omar has so far kept her tax returns private. While she has called for President Donald Trump to release his tax returns, her campaign did not acknowledge the AP's request to release hers. Her campaign also did not answer a question about whether there might be issues with other tax returns prior to Omar's marriage to Hirsi in 2018.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-11-2019, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this more of Omar owning it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-omar-filed-joint-tax-175510010.html

Not sure why you quoted me on this, but that sucks for her. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-11-2019, 10:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not sure why you quoted me on this, but that sucks for her. 

Cause you're the one that brought up her marital status as context and what the bad people said about her.

(06-11-2019, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cause you're the one that brought up her marital status as context and what the bad people said about her.

I mentioned that she was falsely accused of using campaign money to pay for her divorce... which this is unrelated to. Makes sense  :andy:

(06-11-2019, 10:48 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mentioned that she was falsely accused of using campaign money to pay for her divorce... which this is unrelated to. Makes sense  :andy:

You did a little more than mention it.

Suppose we'll see if the subjects ever become relative.

(06-10-2019, 10:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The initial allegation was that she used her campaign funds to pay for her divorce. That part ended up being false, but she used funds to travel to out of state political events. She disagreed with the state board over whether or not those political events she attended with those funds were "personal", with the state board ruling that anything they did not considered related to her office to be "personal".

Certainly an area that is not black or white, especially when context is applied. 

(06-11-2019, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You did a little more than mention it.

Suppose we'll see if the subjects ever become relative.

Here's me mentioning "that she was falsely accused of using campaign money to pay for her divorce".

You could have just admitted that there was no reason to tag me in that post instead of trying to find some asinine connection that doesn't exist, but here we are.

Like I said before, if your only aim is to be antagonist and intellectually dishonest in hopes of restoring some of your crumbling internet self confidence, refrain from engaging me. 

(06-12-2019, 12:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here's me mentioning "that she was falsely accused of using campaign money to pay for her divorce".

You could have just admitted that there was no reason to tag me in that post instead of trying to find some asinine connection that doesn't exist, but here we are.

Like I said before, if your only aim is to be antagonist and intellectually dishonest in hopes of restoring some of your crumbling internet self confidence, refrain from engaging me. 

No intellectual dishonesty.Your defense of Omar saying she didn't use funds for personal business when she was found to use funds for personal reasons was because of marital issues. 

In another story about the same person found to be in a shady situation tied to marital issues seems relevant to your defense of her "defense".

Me and my "crumbling internet self confidence" does factor into the equation. But it's a cool to known that I even have internet self confidence, even if it's crumbling. 

(06-12-2019, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No intellectual dishonesty.Your defense of Omar saying she didn't use funds for personal business when she was found to use funds for personal reasons was because of marital issues. 

In another story about the same person found to be in a shady situation tied to marital issues seems relevant to your defense of her "defense".

Me and my "crumbling internet self confidence" does factor into the equation. But it's a cool to known that I even have internet self confidence, even if it's crumbling. 

I didn't defend her at any point. I provided context to her comments and asked a rhetorical question unrelated to her marital status or divorce that could prompt debate. When you used it as a platform to just get snarky, I told you to kindly piss off with your 'tude. 

Let it go, bud. I'm done with your games, so ask someone else to play with you.

(06-11-2019, 04:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Would you rather they be held to lower standards?  Mellow

I'd rather them be held to equal standards. I personally think all they hypocrisy is lame. But it's never been so blatantly accepted as it is today in American political culture.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22