Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG Kick
WHAT ABOUT THAT PHILLY FG KICKER? Jake Elliot made one under pressure.  Yea Bengals!
Reply/Quote
S
T
O
P

I
T
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If only the kicker position wasn't as far down the list of problems with the Bengals that it is, then keeping Elliot over Bullock might actually matter.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
You got the part where he also missed the PAT after the Eagles 1st TD right? That's the reason the Eagles had to go for 2 and were only up by 5 and Brady had the ball with just over 2 mins left. The fumble saved the Eagles.
Reply/Quote
Lol. Hadn't occurred to me until this thread tonight. Thanks for the reminder. I'm gonna go down to Cheesecake Factory and have a drink.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:31 AM)Beaker Wrote: You got the part where he also missed the PAT after the Eagles 1st TD right? That's the reason the Eagles had to go for 2 and were only up by 5 and Brady had the ball with just over 2 mins left. The fumble saved the Eagles.

The reason they had to go for two at end was because they foolishly went for 2 after the missed extra point. Never do that silly stuff in first half. Only bad move the coach made imo. 

If they had not done that they would have had a 9 point lead and Brady would have had no chance at all at end. 

The fumble was forced by Philly, so guess they saved themselves by making the play. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:52 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Lol. Hadn't occurred to me until this thread tonight. Thanks for the reminder. I'm gonna go down to Cheesecake Factory and have a drink.

Well, you reek of scotch and cheesecake

Reply/Quote
I'm going to start making pre-packaged Jake Elliot Closet Shrines, with complementary candles and lock of hair. Gauging by this message board, I'll make a fortune!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 05:10 AM)treee Wrote: I'm going to start making pre-packaged Jake Elliot Closet Shrines, with complementary candles and lock of hair. Gauging by this message board, I'll make a fortune!

I don’t wanna know how you plan to get the hair...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The reason they had to go for two at end was because they foolishly went for 2 after the missed extra point. Never do that silly stuff in first half. Only bad move the coach made imo. 

If they had not done that they would have had a 9 point lead and Brady would have had no chance at all at end. 

The fumble was forced by Philly, so guess they saved themselves by making the play. 

Agree completely and wondered if anyone was sober enough to realize this.  I didn't want to post it until I saw if anyone else realized it.  All is well that ends well, and I absolutely love the balls on coach Pederson (not literally, but figuratively you assbags), however, this wasn't being aggressive...it was dumb.  

That fourth down play on the goal line.  It was like "OK, the refs won't call PI on the Pats....we will just run a play they won't cover".  That play was incredible.  We can count on seeing the Bengals reaching that level of creativity....never. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The reason they had to go for two at end was because they foolishly went for 2 after the missed extra point. Never do that silly stuff in first half. Only bad move the coach made imo. 

I was so mad when they went for two. Never chase points in the first half of a game, you never know how the scoreboard will play out. I couldn’t stop complaining about that the whole game lol I hate that stuff and it seems like you see it more and more the last few years. They got lucky they held on, but if they had just kicked the extra point the Patriots never would have been in the lead the whole game
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:04 AM)Derrick Wrote: WHAT ABOUT THAT PHILLY FG KICKER? Jake Elliot made one under pressure.  Yea Bengals!

So, I take it from this post, you would prefer the Bengals have an open competition for kicker, and then hire the loser????
Reply/Quote
I said it another thread, Jake will get a SB ring ....while Bullock gets nutri-system!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I said it another thread, Jake will get a SB ring ....while Bullock gets nutri-system!

Luck of the draw. AJ Green does not have an AFC Conference Championship ring, but Marquis Flowers does.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agree completely and wondered if anyone was sober enough to realize this.  I didn't want to post it until I saw if anyone else realized it.  All is well that ends well, and I absolutely love the balls on coach Pederson (not literally, but figuratively you assbags), however, this wasn't being aggressive...it was dumb.  

That fourth down play on the goal line.  It was like "OK, the refs won't call PI on the Pats....we will just run a play they won't cover".  That play was incredible.  We can count on seeing the Bengals reaching that level of creativity....never.

Funny, I could've sworn that Sanu has a perfect passer rating in his career...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 05:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, I could've sworn that Sanu has a perfect passer rating in his career...

On fourth down at the goal line in the Super Bowl?  Never.  
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On fourth down at the goal line in the Super Bowl?  Never.  

I now see where you're going with that...

But it doesn't mean it won't ever happen Wink
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agree completely and wondered if anyone was sober enough to realize this.  I didn't want to post it until I saw if anyone else realized it.  All is well that ends well, and I absolutely love the balls on coach Pederson (not literally, but figuratively you assbags), however, this wasn't being aggressive...it was dumb.  

often the difference between a bad call and a brilliant one is success.

As far as the bengals reaching that creativity?   Dalton has caught a TD.... Whitworth has caught a TD...  Fisher almost...    so we definitely have those types of plays in the playbook.

You just gotta remember them
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On fourth down at the goal line in the Super Bowl?  Never.  

no where was that a requirement in your post... And you cant say never unless you can predict the future.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: often the difference between a bad call and a brilliant one is success.

As far as the bengals reaching that creativity?   Dalton has caught a TD.... Whitworth has caught a TD...  Fisher almost...    so we definitely have those types of plays in the playbook.

You just gotta remember them

That was the main one; that was a brilliant play call and it worked out perfectly, though I think it was more of a Hue thing.
Reply/Quote