Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL 53
I think I've got this figured out. There's only 2 spots that are ?s for me right now

a.) backup center behind Bodine
b.) backup DE behind Carlos. Hunt blows. Does Ryan Brown make it? Do we go after Kruger or Coples?

Anyway, here's my 53 with ?s

Offense 25
Defense 25
STs - 3

WR - 6
A.J. Green
Brandon LaFell
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
James Wright

OT - 4
Andrew Whitworth
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi
Eric Winston

G - 4
Clint Boling
Trey Hopkins
Kevin Zeitler
Christian Westerman

C - 2
Russell Bodine
?

TE -  4
Tyler Eifert
Tyler Kroft
C.J. Uzomah
Ryan Hewit

QB - 2
Andy Dalton
AJ McCarron

RB - 3
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Rex Burkhead

Defense

DE - 4
Carlos Dunlap
Michael Johnson
Will Clarke
?

NT - 2
Domata Peko
Pat Sims

DT - 3
Geno Atkins
Marcus Hardison
DeShawn Williams

LB - 7
Karlos Dansby
P.J. Dawson
Marquis Flowers
Rey Maualuga
Trevor Roach - to PS when  Burfict returns
Vincent Rey
Nick Vigil

CB- 5
Adam Jones
Darqueze Dennard
Dre Kirkpatrick
Josh Shaw
Chris Lewis-Harris

Safety - 4
Shawn Williams
George Iloka
Derron Smith
Clayton Fejedelem

STs - 3
P Kevin Huber
KO Mike Nugent
LS Clark Harris

Suspended
Vontaze Burfict

IR
William Jackson III
Andrew Billings
Ced Peerman
Brandon Thompson
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:03 PM)Shady Wrote: I think I've got this figured out. There's only 2 spots that are ?s for me right now

a.) backup center behind Bodine
b.) backup DE behind Carlos. Hunt blows. Does Ryan Brown make it? Do we go after Kruger or Coples?

Anyway, here's my 53 with ?s

Offense 25
Defense 25
STs - 3

WR - 6
A.J. Green
Brandon LaFell
Tyler Boyd
Cody Core
Alex Erickson
James Wright

OT - 4
Andrew Whitworth
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbuehi
Eric Winston

G - 4
Clint Boling
Trey Hopkins
Kevin Zeitler
Christian Westerman

C - 2
Russell Bodine
?

TE -  4
Tyler Eifert
Tyler Kroft
C.J. Uzomah
Ryan Hewit

QB - 2
Andy Dalton
AJ McCarron

RB - 3
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Rex Burkhead

Defense

DE - 4
Carlos Dunlap
Michael Johnson
Will Clarke
?

NT - 2
Domata Peko
Pat Sims

DT - 3
Geno Atkins
Marcus Hardison
DeShawn Williams

LB - 7
Karlos Dansby
P.J. Dawson
Marquis Flowers
Rey Maualuga
Trevor Roach - to PS when  Burfict returns
Vincent Rey
Nick Vigil

CB- 5
Adam Jones
Darqueze Dennard
Dre Kirkpatrick
Josh Shaw
Chris Lewis-Harris

Safety - 4
Shawn Williams
George Iloka
Derron Smith
Clayton Fejedelem

STs - 3
P Kevin Huber
KO Mike Nugent
LS Clark Harris

Suspended
Vontaze Burfict

IR
William Jackson III
Andrew Billings
Ced Peerman
Brandon Thompson

Did you mean Werner? Kruger reportedly already agreed to terms with Saints yesterday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did you mean Werner? Kruger reportedly already agreed to terms with Saints yesterday.

I didn't catch that. Scratch him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
T J Johnson???
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: T J Johnson???

I don't think he's a lock.
Reply/Quote
Fej or a 6th corner.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks good. Depending on health i guess we could go with 9 OL and look for another RB but it makes sense to go 10 early with Ogbuehi and Fisher questions.

I think roach is a question. Knowing Burfict is coming in a few weeks we could go with 6 LBs. And go heavy at DB or DL.

I know we have two stud DEs. But our DE depth as a 4-3 team is disgraceful. Pass rush won a Super Bowl last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Fej or a 6th corner.

I got the sense from Hobson that they're looking at Fej to fill in for Peerman on STs. That would give him a leg up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Fej or a 6th corner.
Fej is the new Kaesviharn
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Looks good. Depending on health i guess we could go with 9 OL and look for another RB but it makes sense to go 10 early with Ogbuehi and Fisher questions.

I think roach is a question. Knowing Burfict is coming in a few weeks we could go with 6 LBs. And go heavy at DB or DL.

I know we have two stud DEs. But our DE depth as a 4-3 team is disgraceful. Pass rush won a Super Bowl last year.

Right. The final DE spot has be worried. I like what I've seen from Ryan Brown though. Tonight is going to be huge for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:34 PM)Shady Wrote: I don't think he's a lock.

Since he is the back up Center on a line that has several already injured players, I'd say unless they bring someone in he's a lock.
Reply/Quote
those last position choices will come down to special team play especially with Peerman out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Think you nailed it Shady... Rock On

Right with you on Ryan Brown, hope he earns that last spot over Hunt. Brown has the same size as Dunlap,
6'6" 275 and has made some plays in both the run game and the passing game this Preseason with less snaps
than Hunt. I see talent here and he was good in college, surprised he wasn't drafted.

With the way TJ Johnson and the rest of the backups have played at Center it makes me want us to get good
ole Westerman some more snaps there in practice in case Bodine goes down or plays bad.

Some were talking up Cooper at Center at one point but he has played pretty bad this Preseason IMO.

Westerman might be our answer if Bodine does not improve but thankfully he has looked much better.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you nailed it Shady... Rock On

Right with you on Ryan Brown, hope he earns that last spot over Hunt. Brown has the same size as Dunlap,
6'6" 275 and has made some plays in both the run game and the passing game this Preseason with less snaps
than Hunt. I see talent here and he was good in college, surprised he wasn't drafted.

With the way TJ Johnson and the rest of the backups have played at Center it makes me want us to get good
ole Westerman some more snaps there in practice in case Bodine goes down or plays bad.

Some were talking up Cooper at Center at one point but he has played pretty bad this Preseason IMO.

Westerman might be our answer if Bodine does not improve but thankfully he has looked much better.

When you look at it, most of these calls are really easy ones. I totally hear where Sled21 is coming from on TJ Johnson, but as you say, he's looked rough to say the least. Westerman might be a great choice, and could allow us to keep one less lineman. I don't know what position we'd then go heavier on. Maybe RB until the time Peerman gets back?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you nailed it Shady... Rock On

I know very little about how contracts work and such as far as releases, but I do know this is the last year on Hunt's contract.  If they cut him, don't they still have to pay him for this last year?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 07:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know very little about how contracts work and such as far as releases, but I do know this is the last year on Hunt's contract.  If they cut him, don't they still have to pay him for this last year?

Nope, in the NFL players who get cut don't get paid. 
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it, but I give it a 60% chance that Eifert gets assigned to the PuP list on the cut down to 53.

Reply/Quote
Flowers and Dawson had physical altercation on bench tonight and had to be quickly separated. Have seen arguing before but never this.

Looked to be mostly Flowers because Dansby stepped in and went facemask to face mask and walked him 15 yards down to other end of bench backwards as he tried to get around him a couple times with no success.

Liked that Dansby immediately stepped in like a leader and defused it quickly and decisively. But wonder if it hurts one of their chances.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Flowers and Dawson had physical altercation on bench tonight and had to be quickly separated. Have seen arguing before but never this.

Looked to be mostly Flowers because Dansby stepped in and went facemask to face mask and walked him 15 yards down to other end of bench backwards as he tried to get around him a couple times with no success.  

Liked that Dansby immediately stepped in like a leader and defused it quickly and decisively. But wonder if it hurts one of their chances.

Somebody needs to send a message A very loud and very clear message about junk like that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fej is the new Kaesviharn

Me likey!!!
Reply/Quote