Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL 53
(09-01-2016, 10:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hate to say it, but I give it a 60% chance that Eifert gets assigned to the PuP list on the cut down to 53.

This is interesting.  Do they risk a game without Eifert where he might have been ready?  Will they keep him on 53 just in case he can go by week 4?  Week 5?

I just want him back 100%, nothing less.  We need him healthy down the stretch and I think we can manage without him with a bunch of 3 WR sets.  Ironically, it seems that we go downfield MORE with our TE packages, and run shorter routes with the 3 WR sets.  I always remember Dan Ross going 7 yards, turning around to find the ball on his belly, and he would catch it, move the chains, or even score.  It was borderline indefensible... Eifert is such a key element to the Red Zone, however, that his return for a playoff run is critical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Flowers and Dawson had physical altercation on bench tonight and had to be quickly separated. Have seen arguing before but never this.

Looked to be mostly Flowers because Dansby stepped in and went facemask to face mask and walked him 15 yards down to other end of bench backwards as he tried to get around him a couple times with no success.  

Liked that Dansby immediately stepped in like a leader and defused it quickly and decisively. But wonder if it hurts one of their chances.

Didn't see that, but I would imagine those two are "fighting" for the same roster spot.  I like to hear that Dansby stepped in. He was such a great signing and has flown under the radar thus far.  Hope he gets the few INTs he needs for whatever landmark it was that he was going for.  I can't wait to see his first INT.  Hope it happens against the Jets. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: T J Johnson???

I didn't see anything from anyone else last night that would lead me to think that TJ will be replaced. Did you?

It's going to be interesting to see how the final roster shakes out. I really want Kumerow to make it after watching him last night. I know Simmons wants Wright, and we could keep both, but that would mean doing without a player at some other position. Which one? Personally, I think Flowers is expendable. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 01:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I didn't see anything from anyone else last night that would lead me to think that TJ will be replaced. Did you?

It's going to be interesting to see how the final roster shakes out. I really want Kumerow to make it after watching him last night. I know Simmons wants Wright, and we could keep both, but that would mean doing without a player at some other position. Which one? Personally, I think Flowers is expendable. 

Kumerow looked good last night - played physical.  No way he makes the 53.   I LOVED Russell's catch and snatch into the end zone.  Guy's got strength and moxy.   He should end up on the PS too.  I really wish the roster's would increase to 55.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 07:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is interesting.  Do they risk a game without Eifert where he might have been ready?  Will they keep him on 53 just in case he can go by week 4?  Week 5?

I just want him back 100%, nothing less.  We need him healthy down the stretch and I think we can manage without him with a bunch of 3 WR sets.  Ironically, it seems that we go downfield MORE with our TE packages, and run shorter routes with the 3 WR sets.  I always remember Dan Ross going 7 yards, turning around to find the ball on his belly, and he would catch it, move the chains, or even score.  It was borderline indefensible... Eifert is such a key element to the Red Zone, however, that his return for a playoff run is critical.

I agree on the 100% thing. That's why I think he's a prime candidate for the PuP list. He's not going to be game ready before week 6, I just don't see how. So why not open up the roster spot and let Eifert get fully ready?

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 07:17 PM)Shady Wrote: When you look at it, most of these calls are really easy ones. I totally hear where Sled21 is coming from on TJ Johnson, but as you say, he's looked rough to say the least. Westerman might be a great choice, and could allow us to keep one less lineman. I don't know what position we'd then go heavier on. Maybe RB until the time Peerman gets back?

We will probably keep TJ just for insurance.

But it is never a bad idea to get Westerman snaps at Center too. Anyway you can get your best OL on the field i am for.

Tra Carson had some nice runs last night but i bet he goes on the PS and we keep 3 RB's.

I don't know if Carson can tackle and i think we will use a compilation of Burkhead and Fej to make up for the loss of Peerman.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 02:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree on the 100% thing. That's why I think he's a prime candidate for the PuP list. He's not going to be game ready before week 6, I just don't see how. So why not open up the roster spot and let Eifert get fully ready?

Where have you heard all of this on Eifert? Far as i heard he could be ready as early as week 2... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Where have you heard all of this on Eifert? Far as i heard he could be ready as early as week 2... Nervous

It's all been released already. Do the math. Recovery time for that surgery is 4 to 6 months. He had the surgery in late May.

If he takes 4 months then we are looking at late September, but that's an absolute best case scenario and doesn't give him time to get into football shape at all. That's just recovery time. So realistically we are looking at Oct before he'll be ready to start. If the team feels he can do this they won't PuP him. This is your "as early as", but that's only if all goes perfectly and he's quickly ready to play. Since when has that happened?, I ask.

If he takes the full 6 months then we are looking at late November to be through recovery. Even if he takes the 5 months to recover you are looking at the later part of Oct and we'll be heading into week 6 or 7 by that time. That's why I give it a 60% chance he's PuP'ed. He'll have the full 6 months to get through the recovery and get into football shape and he can practice for a couple of weeks before the team has to add him to the 53 man roster.

Why Eifert waited till late May to have the surgery I don't know, but he did. It all comes down to how well his recovery is going.

Reply/Quote
Far as i hear hes still targeting a week 1/2 return apparently people with this type of injury usually dont start walking until 3 and a half months so hes way ahead of schedule
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 02:18 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Far as i hear hes still targeting a week 1/2 return apparently people with this type of injury usually dont start walking until 3 and a half months so hes way ahead of schedule

Ay Yi Yi! Check out this http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert - That's the best case scenario.

We'll know shortly after 4PM what the team decides. We'll have to wait several weeks to find out when he actually makes it into a game and when he starts.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 02:44 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ay Yi Yi! Check out this http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert - That's the best case scenario.

We'll know shortly after 4PM what the team decides. We'll have to wait several weeks to find out when he actually makes it into a game and when he starts.

Yeah ive said this before, i dont trust ian rappaport tweet about it. usually insiders say team sourse or source close to playerthings like this is what insiders like schefty do. And i also read somewhere that the source just had knowledge of the kind of injury, that the source wasnt even part of the team. so hs probably right but until i see something from thr bengals organization i will go off what i know; which is hes boxxing and jogging which requires you to plant and shift your feet. 
Reply/Quote
So who do we expose to waivers if this is the 53?
According to Hobson WJ3 has to make the 53 man roster. Then be put on IR to be eligible for the IR recall spot. And we are considering doing this with Peerman too or even outright carrying him on the 53 until he gets healthy.

I think it would be ludicrous to waste a roster spot on indefinitely injured Peerman. And if we cut one of the 53 you have listed there is a chance we dont get them back. I am willing to risk losing maybe roach or wright if we have to risk them to waivers in order to have a healthy WJ3 return halfway through the year. But i would rather have a healthy roach or wright right now than have to risk losing them to keep peerman a possibility for IR recall.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So who do we expose to waivers if this is the 53?
According to Hobson WJ3 has to make the 53 man roster. Then be put on IR to be eligible for the IR recall spot. And we are considering doing this with Peerman too or even outright carrying him on the 53 until he gets healthy.

I think it would be ludicrous to waste a roster spot on indefinitely injured Peerman. And if we cut one of the 53 you have listed there is a chance we dont get them back. I am willing to risk losing maybe roach or wright if we have to risk them to waivers in order to have a healthy WJ3 return halfway through the year. But i would rather have a healthy roach or wright right now than have to risk losing them to keep peerman a possibility for IR recall.

Hes suppossed to be back week 6 or 7
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So who do we expose to waivers if this is the 53?

That's been my biggest concern.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a point where you are not eligible for the waiver wire and become a FA immediately.  If that is the case, I would think it would be good to talk to two guys of that status (especially if they are on 1 year deals) and explain the dilemma.  Ask them upfront if they are OK with being released and resigned within 48 hours so that the team does not have to risk a waiver claim on a player so that Peerman and WJ3 can be recall eligible.

Explain that you are looking for volunteers, and that the team will have to take them out for a nice dinner during their "negotiations" on the new contract of the exact same terms they already have (except for moving any roster bonus hinged on passing final cuts into salary).
Reply/Quote