Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINALLY the religious folks have someone fighting for THEM
Finally.

Mellow

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/06/30/huckabee-religious-liberty/

Quote:Huckabee releases plan to defend 'religious liberty'

By Kathy A. Bolten 23 minutes ago

Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee on Tuesday released a three-pronged approach to defending “religious liberty” in the United States that includes signing executive orders that protect businesses, religious groups and others who support traditional marriage.

In the past week, Huckabee has aggressively attacked the U.S. Supreme Court’s rulings on the Affordable Care Act and gay marriage. He has blasted the court, saying it is “running amok.”

Huckabee, on ABC’s This Week With George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, predicted opponents of same-sex marriage will continue to fight against the court’s ruling, using civil disobedience tactics similar to that of Martin Luther King, Jr. Huckabee has also said that the court’s ruling isn’t the final word on issues such as same-sex marriage and health care.

On Tuesday, he released a three-step plan on how, if he became president, he would defend those who support traditional marriage. The plan includes:
• Signing religious liberty executive orders. The executive orders would protect businesses, churches, universities and other entities from discrimination or civil or criminal penalties for exercising their religious beliefs in support of traditional marriage, according to the release by Huckabee’s campaign.

• Prosecuting hate crimes against people of faith. The release said that Huckabee, if elected president, would direct the U.S. Attorney General to prosecute as hate crimes groups or individuals who discriminated or attacked individuals, businesses, religious organizations and others for their religious beliefs about marriage.

• Defending people of faith in the U.S. military. Huckabee would direct the Secretary of Defense to support military chaplains and “not force them to participate in ceremonies they find objectionable on religious grounds,” the release said.

Bolten reports for The Des Moines Register

[Image: 692589421060549192.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Man is this all going to backfire when he and his supporters realize that Islam is a faith too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The funniest part is where it says....  "Huckabee, if elected president..." LMAO

I guess he's got about as good of a chance as the Godfather's Pizza guy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021