Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FL GOP rep gets in AOC's face on the hill, calls her "disgusting" and a "f** b**"
That Rep was out of line and should have taken a more professional approach of criticizing her.

But he isn't wrong in the spirit of what he said as it's unfortunate for NYC that they have a mayor like De Ballessio running things.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh, look, he's a victim.   Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Here is his "apology" where he does not apologize to AOC but claims to not have said what was heard and how he wouldn't complain about the poor because he was poor once.

He's a victim dammit!

Reply/Quote
You know Yoho is sitting there wanting to yell but he already used that bullet...

Reply/Quote
Yoho didn't apologize good enough.

He should have just said "I shouldn't have been so caviler" . Hell that excused Biden from insulting the intelligence of a whole race.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yoho didn't apologize good enough.

He should have just said "I shouldn't have been so caviler" . Hell that excused Biden from insulting the intelligence of a whole race.

Yoho didn't apologize to the person he verbally assaulted at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yoho didn't apologize to the person he verbally assaulted at all.

Perhaps he's not sorry for calling her remarks into question and there's conflicting stories on if he called her any names. He did apologize to the Chamber and it's decorum.

But yeah, He "verbally assaulted" her. How many people around here have been "verbally assaulted" with no apology?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps he's not sorry for calling her remarks into question and there's conflicting stories on if he called her any names. He did apologize to the Chamber and it's decorum.

The "I'm sure if you were offended" apology. All he had to say was "I'm sorry I yelled at you. That was wrong." But he couldn't do it.

(07-23-2020, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But yeah, He "verbally assaulted" her. How many people around here have been "verbally assaulted" with no apology?

Probably a lot. And?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2020, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps he's not sorry for calling her remarks into question and there's conflicting stories on if he called her any names. He did apologize to the Chamber and it's decorum.

But yeah, He "verbally assaulted" her. How many people around here have been "verbally assaulted" with no apology?

I think his apology falls a little hollow, if he's not exactly admitting to anything wrong. Especially if it's about decorum, which kind of falls outside because the incident happened outside of the building. I could see that as nothing more than a brief exchange of criticism on an issue with differing perspectives.

I don't have much of a bone to pick here, considering that AOC dishes out as well as she takes, and if the conversation ended with "you're disgusting" and "you're rude" and so forth, then this, while being a bit out of the way I would conduct myself, would qualify as "much ado about nothing" imo. I don't particularly agree with AOC on many things, but if, and this is a big IF, the words "f.... b...." were uttered, then Yoho has a lot to apologize for. Since I've neither followed up on the story, nor have seen any direct proof or admittance of the words being uttered, I will wait to condemn one or the other in this case.

However, if the words were uttered, then AOC's response in the House was one that I would call dignified and addressing the issue, all the while highlighting how women are still treated as a whole in the country, while Yoho's speech was nothing short of grandstanding. If the words were not uttered, then AOC is lying and grandstanding, and Yoho's apology makes not much sense to me.
Reply/Quote
What he apologized for:

"abrupt manner of the conversation"
"for [the media] misunderstanding" if they misconstrued and think that he said "F-ing B" (this one makes no sense. If you're going to deny saying it, why apologize for the media thinking you said it?)

What he didn't apologize for:
"my passion or for loving my God, my family and my country."

Passion was in the context that his opinion on poverty and crime and him confronting AOC about it was his "passion"

So he 1) doesn't take responsibility for what he said
2) Doesn't apologize for the confrontation, just that it was "abrupt"
3) Spends more time defending why he confronted her
4) says he will commit to passionately and vigorously defending those views through debate
5) tries to play the victim by saying he will not apologize for his religion or family

It's not an actual apology. An apology takes responsibility and addresses the regret you have for it. Apologies should never have a "but" defending the actions, otherwise it is not an apology.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/508740-mccarthy-calls-on-ocasio-cortez-to-accept-yohos-apology

Kevin McCarthy joined in on the pathetically dim witted gas lighting that the right has engaged in, saying that we shouldn't debate if the apology was good enough and AOC should just accept it because people in the US deserve forgiveness.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote