Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FO Derron Smith Move Backfires...
(11-09-2017, 01:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: went to the browns....  So basically ended his career before it began,

Not sure why he didn't have the Browns just didn't sign him off the practice squad. Why burn a bridge by quitting? Weird.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So can we add derron to the seemingly endless list of players who wanted out of Mike Brown's Bungles?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure why he didn't have the Browns just didn't sign him off the practice squad. Why burn a bridge by quitting? Weird.

Perhaps he wanted to make a statement, fire a parting shot.

I honestly wouldn't be upset with any player for wanting out of here.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure why he didn't have the Browns just didn't sign him off the practice squad. Why burn a bridge by quitting? Weird.

He got waived for a 2nd kicker. That's embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
So is Shawn williams healthy? I thought he left the last blowout injured?

Im glad we have hardy and cethan. Without them being special teams aces we wouldnt have our small slot reciever erickson showing he is the best cover guy on the team.
Reply/Quote

Because if he's on a practice squad, the team signing him has to put him on the 532 man roster, and give something for him to the team they claimed him from. As a free agent, there were more options... he could be signed to another practice squad, and a team signing him has to give up nothing for him.
Reply/Quote

If they sign him from the PS he has to be on the 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks I think...  This allows him to sign directly to another teams Practice Squad.  Or get a new contract if signed to the team instead of still being on his rookie deal.
Reply/Quote
We need someone who could jump routes and take it to the house. Smith should have been that but because of draft status he didn't get his chance. I like Williams but he should have been used as a Nickle LB and Smith as a FS.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Smh
Reply/Quote
Best comment on Twitter: "I hope the Browns remembered to send in the paperwork." Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So is Shawn williams healthy? I thought he left the last blowout injured?

Im glad we have hardy and cethan. Without them being special teams aces we wouldnt have our small slot reciever erickson showing he is the best cover guy on the team.

Don't matter if he's injured or not, he's usually so far out of position, or blowing assignments over the top, we may as well ahve Ogbuehi back there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't matter if he's injured or not, he's usually so far out of position, or blowing assignments over the top, we may as well ahve Ogbuehi back there.

Should rewatch the games because it's been the *other* safety doing a lot of that this year. 

I take that back. No one should have to watch that train wreck again. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Should rewatch the games because it's been the *other* safety doing a lot of that this year. 

I take that back. No one should have to watch that train wreck again. 

Yeah, he's no better.....that's for sure.  Williams blew one just last Sunday.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he's no better.....that's for sure.  Williams blew one just last Sunday.....

The long play to the TE?
Wasn't Williams. 
It was zone coverage. There was a miscommunication (shocker, I know) and Dre dropped into cov2 and Williams was in cov 3. 

So it was a team failure. The team is phoning it in
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The long play to the TE?
Wasn't Williams. 
It was zone coverage. There was a miscommunication (shocker, I know) and Dre dropped into cov2 and Williams was in cov 3. 

So it was a team failure. The team is phoning it in

I thought that was on vigil? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:10 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I thought that was on vigil? 

There were several blown coverages. The only one off the top of my head with Williams was one to Lewis down the sideline 
Reply/Quote
Really liked Smith and do not get this move at all.

Bungled again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Meh.  

That’s fine.   He was coming to the end of the road anyway.

Well...I saw potential but he wasn't high on the food chain.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 27s28 seconds ago

#Bengals lose Derron Smith off the practice squad - Smith terminated his own contract t become a free agent.

Not sure what that was all about. Keep an eye to see if it was a smart move and he signs elsewhere.

I am gonna be smashed to death from you guys for this one, but it happened. Remember the shocking photo of the guy falling from the WTC to get away from the smoke and fire? That is the first image I visioned when reading this OP!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 08:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am gonna be smashed to death from you guys for this one, but it happened. Remember the shocking photo of the guy falling from the WTC to get away from the smoke and fire? That is the first image I visioned when reading this OP!

Gotta agree with you there. It seemed like for a moment there we had created a culture where FAs might actually be interested in joining our team. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a larger trend...
Reply/Quote