Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fa wr
If we resign not planning to go Williams at 9 in this draft which we should be I think Alshon could be got for a huge discount. Maybe 6 mill? I would take him over laffell.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If we resign not planning to go Williams at 9 in this draft which we should be I think Alshon could be got for a huge discount. Maybe 6 mill? I would take him over laffell.

Not for 6 to 8 million, sign lafell save money use it to sign whit
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not for 6 to 8 million, sign lafell save money use it to sign whit

lafell was garbage this year. Do u trust out offense if aj goes down?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If we resign not planning to go Williams at 9 in this draft which we should be I think Alshon could be got for a huge discount. Maybe 6 mill? I would take him over laffell.

Anyone would take Alshon Jeffery over LaFell, but at what price?
Why do you think Alshon Jeffery will come at a "huge discount"?

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see how he goes for anything less than $10 mill a year. He's a WR1, and a team will pay him to be that.
It's crazy to think Alshon Jeffery can be had for $6 mill a year when Mohamed Sanu was signed last year for $6.5 mill a year and Marvin Jones signed for $8 mill a year. Alshon Jeffery is better than both of those players.

Also, LaFell did well for being second fiddle to AJ Green. He started off slow, yes, but that's expected for a player new to a system. He helped the Bengals after the Bengals went down, which is what you hope a WR2 will do.

If this team is going to look for a WR around $5-6 mill, I think it's going to try to re-sign LaFell or go for a WR with a resumé like Terrance Williams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone would take Alshon Jeffery over LaFell, but at what price?
Why do you think Alshon Jeffery will come at a "huge discount"?

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see how he goes for anything less than $10 mill a year. He's a WR1, and a team will pay him to be that.
It's crazy to think Alshon Jeffery can be had for $6 mill a year when Mohamed Sanu was signed last year for $6.5 mill a year and Marvin Jones signed for $8 mill a year. Alshon Jeffery is better than both of those players.

Also, LaFell did well for being second fiddle to AJ Green. He started off slow, yes, but that's expected for a player new to a system. He helped the Bengals after the Bengals went down, which is what you hope a WR2 will do.

If this team is going to look for a WR around $5-6 mill, I think it's going to try to re-sign LaFell or go for a WR with a resumé like Terrance Williams.

Think about this lafell didn't even have 400 yards receiving while aj was healthy. That includes 3 games where he went a combined 4 for 28 u can't do that as a number 2. I think he could be got for a discount due to all the injuries and the suspension due to PED. That may scare lot of teams off. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Think about this lafell didn't even have 400 yards receiving while aj was healthy. That includes 3 games where he went a combined 4 for 28 u can't do that as a number 2. I think he could be got for a discount due to all the injuries and the suspension due to PED. That may scare lot of teams off. 

And as I mentioned before, LaFell was new to the system, and this was also Zampese's first time calling plays. Plus AJ was healthy and was a beast this year when healthy. It was projected to be his best season if he stayed healthy.
This was Dalton's second highest passing yardage in a season. The receiving yards were there, they were just spread out among Green, Eifert, Boyd, LaFell, etc.
To me, if LaFell was really "garbage", he'd have kept having dud performances game after game even after Green was out. He didn't, and was a reason this team won some games down the stretch. By your definition, Marvin Jones was "garbage" in 2015 too since he had plenty of dud performances too.

As I mentioned, I'd love Alshon Jeffery here, but to call LaFell "garbage" this season is simply exaggerated.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: lafell was garbage this year. Do u trust out offense if aj goes down?

Top 40 in Receptions for WR

Top 35 in yards for WR
Top 25 in Tds for WR... 

Solid production, few drops and zero fumbles, if this garbage stats.. please sign me up for Rumpke..  Hilarious    

We are not talking about a #1 but even if you factor in AJ being out.. his stats are are solid when you consider 32 #1 WRs for each team (32 teams) and he has more TDs this season than probably 10 #1 WR on other teams.   plus his professionalism, lack of drops and fumbles.. for what we paid him this year, it was a very good contract on our end. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Think about this lafell didn't even have 400 yards receiving while aj was healthy. That includes 3 games where he went a combined 4 for 28 u can't do that as a number 2. I think he could be got for a discount due to all the injuries and the suspension due to PED. That may scare lot of teams off. 

Do you understand that Brown from the Steelers,, probably the best WR in football had 4 games this year where he averaged 3.75 catches for 50 yards a game.  You can;t be so selective with your stats.. in the end a player is more graded on overall performance..  

If so please start listing a clear #2 WRs that out performed Lafell for 2016, I don;t think you will find more than a few stats wise.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do you understand that Brown from the Steelers,, probably the best WR in football had 4 games this year where he averaged 3.75 catches for 50 yards a game.  You can;t be so selective with your stats.. in the end a player is more graded on overall performance..  

If so please start listing a clear #2 WRs that out performed Lafell for 2016, I don;t think you will find more than a few stats wise.
stat wise it's not really something u can compare bc of the fact he gained a lot of his yards in last half of season when he was the number 1. But if u wanna go based before he got hurt I would estimate that there were at least 10 or so teams whose number 2 had over 400 yards before the bills game. And the brown thing u  mentioned was that at end of season when they were giving it to bell 30 times a gain? Even if it was not that was 50 yards a game. Even in Browns worst game 50 yards he had more than lafell had in 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 03:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: stat wise it's not really something u can compare bc of the fact he gained a lot of his yards in last half of season when he was the number 1. But if u wanna go based before he got hurt I would estimate that there were at least 10 or so teams whose number 2 had over 400 yards before the bills game. And the brown thing u  mentioned was that at end of season when they were giving it to bell 30 times a gain? Even if it was not that was 50 yards a game. Even in Browns worst game 50 yards he had more than lafell had in 3 games.

Sorry again you are picking and choosing games and factually wrong again.  Brandon had 4 TDs in first 7 games plus he had his 3,4,5th most yards per game in those first 7 games.. In the end overall stats don;t lie... Lafell has a solid year as a #2 for a majority of teams his stats as a #2 are better than most.  As for Brown, 3 of his lowest production games were in the first 6 games of the year so sorry you are mistaken there also.

So i will close this debate with I will take Lafell all day over Alshon especially if we are talking about 4 million to 8 million payday differences.. I really like the idea of Lafell having a year under his belt in this system and believe he can put up solid numbers again next year and possible improve all those numbers if his targets go up.
Reply/Quote
Jeffery is hurt A LOT and was suspended too. No thanks.
Reply/Quote