Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fable 4
Yes, Fable 4 is being made but still a long, long way off. Since Lionhead Studios closed down, Microsoft is getting Playground Games to make Fable 4.

https://www.gamesradar.com/fable-4-release-date-news-rumours/
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 08:20 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Yes, Fable 4 is being made but still a long, long way off. Since Lionhead Studios closed down, Microsoft is getting Playground Games to make Fable 4.

https://www.gamesradar.com/fable-4-release-date-news-rumours/

I'm interested...  IMO lionhead dropped the ball more and more with each fable they released. as far as what was promised and delivered.

the 4v1 thing they were doing looked horrible..  so I'm happy to see the franchise under new management.
Reply/Quote
4?? I missed 3. lol how was that one?
out of 1 and 2, I still play 1 upon occasion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm interested...  IMO lionhead dropped the ball more and more with each fable they released. as far as what was promised and delivered.

the 4v1 thing they were doing looked horrible..  so I'm happy to see the franchise under new management.

I agree.  PM has a history and reputation for over promising and under delivering.  He is a true visionary, and if he could ever deliver a game the he promises, it would be legendary.

The original was epic.  I rarely have had a game captivate as that one did.  An RPG that does things differently is rare, and have skills based progression vs. leveling based progression separates the series.  It isn't unheard of in RPG's but is rare.

Fable 2 was a huge departure from F1, when it didn't really need to be.  They dumbed down combat and made it far too easy, and there was a huge imbalance in the effectiveness of melee combat vs. magic, whereas in F1 all styles of combat were viable, in F2 magic had a HUGE advantage over melee combat.

I hope what they make for F4 reverts more to F1 in terms of story and gameplay while better balancing combat.

Oh and I hope the main story is more than 10 hrs of gameplay.  A lack of content also is part of PM's legacy and reputation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 10:42 AM)Stewy Wrote: I agree.  PM has a history and reputation for over promising and under delivering.  He is a true visionary, and if he could ever deliver a game the he promises, it would be legendary.

The original was epic.  I rarely have had a game captivate as that one did.  An RPG that does things differently is rare, and have skills based progression vs. leveling based progression separates the series.  It isn't unheard of in RPG's but is rare.

Fable 2 was a huge departure from F1, when it didn't really need to be.  They dumbed down combat and made it far too easy, and there was a huge imbalance in the effectiveness of melee combat vs. magic, whereas in F1 all styles of combat were viable, in F2 magic had a HUGE advantage over melee combat.

I hope what they make for F4 reverts more to F1 in terms of story and gameplay while better balancing combat.

Oh and I hope the main story is more than 10 hrs of gameplay.  A lack of content also is part of PM's legacy and reputation.

Jade Empire was truly an epic game that did the RPG differently...I loved that game and wish they would make another. I know the devs can't continue the original story but how about creating a new one?

I loved Fable 1! It was different and a lot of fun.
Fable 2 was just ok and like you said, it didn't balance out all that well.
Fable 3 I like a lot and play as a female. It's fun watching this little, ity bitty girl kicking butt.

When Lionhead Studios announced that Fable 4 would be a party game like that of Hunter: The Reconning(sp?) I thought it may be ok but saw that other players could end up off screen and mess things up, if I'm remembering correctly. Now if it was going to be like Left 4 Dead, that may be ok but still not what fans want.

Alls I know, Playground Games, who makes the Forza franchise, may incorporate some of those things from Forza Horizon series into Fable which might be ok if it's finding things in a huge open world.

Maybe PG will make the game like a sandbox RPG rather than linear like that of Fable 1 through 4.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 06:48 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Jade Empire was truly an epic game that did the RPG differently...I loved that game and wish they would make another. I know the devs can't continue the original story but how about creating a new one?

I loved Fable 1! It was different and a lot of fun.
Fable 2 was just ok and like you said, it didn't balance out all that well.
Fable 3 I like a lot and play as a female. It's fun watching this little, ity bitty girl kicking butt.

When Lionhead Studios announced that Fable 4 would be a party game like that of Hunter: The Reconning(sp?) I thought it may be ok but saw that other players could end up off screen and mess things up, if I'm remembering correctly. Now if it was going to be like Left 4 Dead, that may be ok but still not what fans want.

Alls I know, Playground Games, who makes the Forza franchise, may incorporate some of those things from Forza Horizon series into Fable which might be ok if it's finding things in a huge open world.

Maybe PG will make the game like a sandbox RPG rather than linear like that of Fable 1 through 4.

It was going to be like Evolve or Dead by Daylight..

1 Player controls bad guys
vs
4 heros.

not sure fable could handle a full open world environment if they keep the time progressing mechanic. Just hope they make a quality and lengthy RPG
Reply/Quote