Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Face It Fans….
Despite the cosmetic changes with the stadium and ring of owner, the Brown family are still greedy. They don’t care about winning. My hope was the changes to the organization would manifest itself into a perennial winning team. They had money left over in the cap to use for Bell or Perrine but too cheap to pay their worth. They still have the smallest scouting staff and front office. It is mind numbing how inept the Brown family is since they cannot get it right. There is no excuse not able to win when your franchise QB goes down considering the claims of a cultural change. Nothing has changed! We still cheer for a team owned by a family who don’t want to do the things that other winning organizations do to win. Don’t tell me they own a small market team and can’t. I will tell all of you to look at Pissburgh and they always have a winning team. This is miserable as a fan. Nothing has changed, the past two years was an aberration

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Despite the cosmetic changes with the stadium and ring of owner, the Brown family are still greedy.  They don’t care about winning.  My hope was the changes to the organization would manifest itself into a perennial winning team.  They had money left over in the cap to use for Bell or Perrine but too cheap to pay their worth.  They still have the smallest scouting staff and front office.  It is mind numbing how inept the Brown family is since they cannot get it right.  There is no excuse not able to win when your franchise QB goes down considering the claims of a cultural change.  Nothing has changed!  We still cheer for a team owned by a family who don’t want to do the things that other winning organizations do to win.  Don’t tell me they own a small market team and can’t.  I will tell all of you to look at Pissburgh and they always have a winning team.  This is miserable as a fan.  Nothing has changed, the past two years was an aberration

The Steelers are just a much better run organization than the Bengals who hold themselves to much higher football standards than the Bengals. The Bengals need to take a hard look in the mirror if they truly want to be a championship contender. But unfortunately I don't think they're football standards are high enough for that. 
I remember Mike Brown having a speech after we made the Superbowl that any other of the 31 teams could be in there in shoes. I thought at the time it was a statement showing humility.  But now I wonder if he was looking at it like it was more luck that we were in that situation. Which there is a bit of luck to get there but I would rather the focus be on the fact that we made alot of smart FA moves and had Burrow with good offensive weapons around him. This disconnect is concerning because you want to hold yourselves to high football standards and be doing as much as you can to improve your team. Not counting on luck to get the job done.
Reply/Quote
We've known there was a pig behind all that lipstick. Forgive us if we opted to live the fantasy the last two seasons. Burrow going down pulled back the curtain and snapped us back to reality regarding how poorly run/built and coached this team is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Despite the cosmetic changes with the stadium and ring of owner, the Brown family are still greedy. They don’t care about winning. My hope was the changes to the organization would manifest itself into a perennial winning team. They had money left over in the cap to use for Bell or Perrine but too cheap to pay their worth. They still have the smallest scouting staff and front office. It is mind numbing how inept the Brown family is since they cannot get it right. There is no excuse not able to win when your franchise QB goes down considering the claims of a cultural change. Nothing has changed! We still cheer for a team owned by a family who don’t want to do the things that other winning organizations do to win. Don’t tell me they own a small market team and can’t. I will tell all of you to look at Pissburgh and they always have a winning team. This is miserable as a fan. Nothing has changed, the past two years was an aberration

Such a bad take.

Bengals don’t care about winning? Burrow is the highest paid player in NFL history. They have had mid/major FA signings the last 4 years (Reader, Hendrickson, OBj, Awuzie)

Perennial winning team? They went two years in a row to SB and AFCcG and are playing with a backup. It happens

They offered Perine the same money, he left. They obviously missed the boat on Bell, but no team is perfect. It’s not like they have the most money going forward. Plus getting the contract for burrow together, especially for this franchise is tricky.

This team does have changes that need made. First things that come to mind is pollack leaving, and Taylor give up playcalling duties. Those two personnel changes would go a long way.

Rooting for the bengals is hard at times, but that’s also what makes the success so sweet and worth it.

Please try to compartmentalize all of this. Our QB goes down, we lose. For MOST teams, that’s the way it goes. This team isn’t perfect, but when healthy, this team is one of the best in the NFl. Remember the beating this team gave SF in their house? I do..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 01:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Such a bad take.

Bengals don’t care about winning?  Burrow is the highest paid player in NFL history.  They have had mid/major FA signings the last 4 years (Reader, Hendrickson, OBj, Awuzie)

Perennial winning team? They went two years in a row to SB and AFCcG and are playing with a backup.  It happens

They offered Perine the same money, he left.  They obviously missed the boat on Bell, but no team is perfect.  It’s not like they have the most money going forward.  Plus getting the contract for burrow together, especially for this franchise is tricky.

This team does have changes that need made.  First things that come to mind is pollack leaving, and Taylor give up playcalling duties.  Those two personnel changes would go a long way.  

Rooting for the bengals is hard at times, but that’s also what makes the success so sweet and worth it.  

Please try to compartmentalize all of this.  Our QB goes down, we lose.  For MOST teams, that’s the way it goes.  This team isn’t perfect, but when healthy, this team is one of the best in the NFl.  Remember the beating this team gave SF in their house?  I do..

Agree with all of this.  Especially, it being a bad take.  That old narrative is tired, and completely false for the Zac Taylor era.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Despite the cosmetic changes with the stadium and ring of owner, the Brown family are still greedy.  They don’t care about winning.  My hope was the changes to the organization would manifest itself into a perennial winning team.  They had money left over in the cap to use for Bell or Perrine but too cheap to pay their worth.  They still have the smallest scouting staff and front office.  It is mind numbing how inept the Brown family is since they cannot get it right.  There is no excuse not able to win when your franchise QB goes down considering the claims of a cultural change.  Nothing has changed!  We still cheer for a team owned by a family who don’t want to do the things that other winning organizations do to win.  Don’t tell me they own a small market team and can’t.  I will tell all of you to look at Pissburgh and they always have a winning team.  This is miserable as a fan.  Nothing has changed, the past two years was an aberration

I don't think it's cheapness. I think they're very risk averse and like to budget where teams like the Ravens go all in and figure out the cap later.

The Bengals FO sees overpaying for a guy like Bell and Perrine as hurting them down the road trying to sign some more important players.

That said, we're likely to have a mass exodus of talent this offseason in some of Reader, Boyd, Awuzie, Higgins, etc.

They also, go very cheap on backup QB. Routinely spending under $1 million.

It's the fallacy of their cautious build approach. They think they can be good for 10 years straight or something, but reality is if you lose some key free agents and your draft picks aren't great...you decline. The Bills are having similar issues, except they do go all in.

That said, even if Burrow was healthy...we were probably an 8-10 win team, and I don't see a SB run. The defense is pretty bad. It's gotten worse as the year went along. And that's largely in losing Bates and Bell. And NFL Teams figured out how to attack us.

But, make no mistake...Burrow and Chase and Higgins were the 'catalyst' for turning this thing around. Zac's record without Burrow is all over the board. We're 90's level bad if Burrow isn't here.

Interestingly, we have one of the highest paid o-lines in the league. And the performance just isn't great.
Reply/Quote