Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Physicals
not COVID related

DE Khalid Kareem
LB Markus Bailey

No word on whether it is related to their injuries from last season or for another reason. Of course players often fail the physical on Day 1 only to pass a couple of days later so we shall see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update Pally. I really liked Bailey all through the draft process. Hope it’s just a minor bump like you said and not a sign of a bigger issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Kareem pick was the only one I didn’t like this year. Not a good start.

Reply/Quote
Markus Bailey tweeted that he was "all good" and it was just "normal procedure" for a guy coming off an injury.

He's all shiney and new and doesn't know how the fans NEVER trust injury reports

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As much extra time as these guys have had to recover and prepare themselves for their life's dream assignment, I'm pretty disappointed that they're not healthy and football ready.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As much extra time as these guys have had to recover and prepare themselves for their life's dream assignment, I'm pretty disappointed that they're not healthy and football ready.

Hopefully it's just a process of examining injuries from this year and checking everything out. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's a lingering issue. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:24 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Hopefully it's just a process of examining injuries from this year and checking everything out. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's a lingering issue. 

I hope that you're right, but part of me thinks that in a "normal" year, these guys would have spent the entire Spring on IR, as well as Mini-camp, and now training camp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Both are coming off serious injuries and haven't had a chance to practice or go through otas. Not a huge surprise!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hope that you're right, but part of me thinks that in a "normal" year, these guys would have spent the entire Spring on IR, as well as Mini-camp, and now training camp.

They would have been on pub especially  Bailey !
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Kareem pick was the only one I didn’t like this year. Not a good start.

Is a physical something that is even in his control?  It's not a conditioning test, it's obviously something physical.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Is a physical something that is even in his control?  It's not a conditioning test, it's obviously something physical.

And it can easily be a follow up to the physical.  For example, wanting to get a better look through an X-Ray or MRI.
Reply/Quote
Bailey should prob sit a year. Could be a Ronnie Anderson situation if he doesn’t. Why bother pushing it?
Reply/Quote
I choose to look at the bright side.

Davis-Gaither had surgery just a month before the draft. I was really concerned about him. Thrilled to hear he passed.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hope that you're right, but part of me thinks that in a "normal" year, these guys would have spent the entire Spring on IR, as well as Mini-camp, and now training camp.

Can't help but wonder if this isn't some plan to have more guys on the roster...not sure of injury exceptions, but with the numbers restricted as is...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 08:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Is a physical something that is even in his control?  It's not a conditioning test, it's obviously something physical.

I’m not saying it’s under his control. It’s still a bad start to his career though. And doesn’t help make me like the pick any better.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: not COVID related

DE Khalid Kareem
LB Markus Bailey

No word on whether it is related to their injuries from last season or for another reason.  Of course players often fail the physical on Day 1 only to pass a couple of days later so we shall see

Do we know for sure that it is not COVID related?

Are they even allowed to say because of patient confidentiality if it is COVID?
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 03:05 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Do we know for sure that it is not COVID related?

Are they even allowed to say because of patient confidentiality if it is COVID?

It's not; they are on NFI, due to injuries from last year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote