Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fair Warning......
(12-20-2021, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear if Zac keeps winning, we'll never fire him.

Yep that throws a monkey wrench into the mix. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am superstitioned out. Wear these socks because we won, don't wear those socks anymore cause we lost. Wash jersey, don't wash jersey. Wear this undershirt, holy crap, we lost, never wear that shirt again. Last year, I actually wore a shirt back to back weeks and we lost both games and I seriously started a fire and burned it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.
That's funny, I had wore my black and orange socks the last 2 losses. They are now in the landfill. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's funny, I had wore my black and orange socks the last 2 losses. They are now in the landfill. 

Yep. A few weeks ago when we were getting ready to play pissburgh I went outside to take a leak beside the mancave and as I was coming back inside I seen this rock. My mind said, "Pick up the rock and take it inside. It's going to bring you luck." So, not being able to control myself (because I was thinking if I didn't, and we lost, I would blame myself) I picked it up and took it in and set it on the bar in front of me. We won and the rock stayed put for the next 2 games. We lost to 49er's and I threw that stupid rock back outside and we got a victory. Geez, I can't believe how stupid that sounds until I typed it out. LOL 

Reply/Quote
I hadn't forgotten Sled, I even mentioned you in another thread about this very topic. I had em pegged for 7 wins, and honestly thought that would be pretty good progress, but not enough for him to keep his job.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink  Tongue  Rock On  Tiger  
I hated him but I'm an idiot.  Taylor is doing a helluva job.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
We should get to 10 wins.Should.But Burrow needs to be throwing the ball at least 30+ times.Against Denver it was only 22.I know our OL has alot to do with it,but this is a very good football team,and Burrow is to good a Quarterback to not put the game is his hands.Had Burrow been allowed to take over the game against The Bears,Packers,Forty Niners,for example,we probably would have won.

We shouldn’t be in this position,with just 8 wins right now.We should have at least 11.
Reply/Quote
The only way Zac is helping us win is because of Evan Mcpherson's leg. Trade out Evan for basically any other kicker and look at our record.
Reply/Quote
Going into this year I assumed the Bengals would lose until proven otherwise and now I assume they will win until proven otherwise. I feel like that is pretty fair.

I was skeptical of us beating the Bears because we looked shaky in week 1, but any game after the win in Baltimore it has been "they'll win until I see them lose." So if ZT ends the year with 9+ wins, we go into 2022 with me assuming he's going to win 9+ games again.

We will see how it goes. Ask the 2019 Browns how expectations can change things.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The only way Zac is helping us win is because of Evan Mcpherson's leg. Trade out Evan for basically any other kicker and look at our record.

That's actually a unique way of looking it and hard to disagree with. We'd be okay with Tucker and maybe a couple other kickers. So, does this mean McPherson is the team MVP this season?
Reply/Quote
If we check the made kicks Evan has and the average kicker's made kicks at the same distance there and cross reference it where his kicks mattered - it would be a way to calculate it, he is a weapon of mass destruction.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we check the made kicks Evan has and the average kicker's made kicks at the same distance there and cross reference it where his kicks mattered - it would be a way to calculate it, he is a weapon of mass destruction.

I agree, he puts points on the board. ESPN morning radio was having an actual interesting discussion last week about whether or not it is better to take a FG or just go for it on fourth down. I think it was Keyshawn who noted Bill Parcells said having a kicker who can put up easy points is valuable because it starts to dictate the game and makes the opposing coach have to alter their game play calling. It wasn't much of an "analytics guy" talk, but more of the value of a good kicker and what 3 points can do for a team from a psychological sense. Listening to it made me appreciate McPherson as a weapon for Zac and a Burrow lead offense. 

He's awesome to have on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:56 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We should get to 10 wins.Should.But Burrow needs to be throwing the ball at least 30+ times.Against Denver it was only 22.I know our OL has alot to do with it,but this is a very good football team,and Burrow is to good a Quarterback to not put the game is his hands.Had Burrow been allowed to take over the game against The Bears,Packers,Forty Niners,for example,we probably would have won.

We shouldn’t be in this position,with just 8 wins right now.We should have at least 11.

Actually, I saw somewhere the other day that when Mixon carries the ball a certain number of time (I'd have to look to see the number again) we are undefeated this year. Need to pound that rock against Baltimore and Cleveland. Speaking of Cleveland, Faker did not make it off the covid list, neither did 10 other starters.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I predicted 9 wins.... looking like we will need 10 however to make the playoffs. So I hope I'm wrong :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For me, it's all about whether you're looking in the rearview mirror at where you've been or you're looking through the windshield where you're going while you're driving down the highway. I like what Zac has done with this team, and always have. He brought in the right guys, drafted the right guys (he missed on a couple, but every coach does) and he got them all to buy into the systems his coordinators implemented. They play hard for him. Those two seasons are behind us. We're on a nice sunny drive down a coastal highway. Quit looking in the mirror and enjoy the view is how I see it.

Hey, man, I'm on board with you. I've said even after last year that Zac had the makings of a good HC just need to stop calling plays. Hell, prior to yesterday's game I was even warming up to the idea of him maybe being a decent OC. 

So, yeah, I'm fine with him as HC as long as we're winning, but unless the offense finally becomes consistently good, I think he needs to move on from playcalling.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hey, man, I'm on board with you. I've said even after last year that Zac had the makings of a good HC just need to stop calling plays. Hell, prior to yesterday's game I was even warming up to the idea of him maybe being a decent OC. 

So, yeah, I'm fine with him as HC as long as we're winning, but unless the offense finally becomes consistently good, I think he needs to move on from playcalling.

That would not hurt my feelings at all either. I like Taylor for how he's built this team. But I also think he should use his OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No jinx.... I have all the superstitions covered. Wink

Until that post.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Until that post.

I can verify that Sled knocked on wood, threw salt over his shoulder, spilled milk and didn't cry, rubbed all 4 of a rabbit's feet, held a cross tightly while posting, didn't have his fingers crossed, walked around a ladder, not under, kept a black cat from walking in front of him, fixed a broken mirror, went fishing, and had Skyline chili. He's good. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never fear....

[Image: Jobu.jpg]

I need to assemble one of those.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we check the made kicks Evan has and the average kicker's made kicks at the same distance there and cross reference it where his kicks mattered - it would be a way to calculate it, he is a weapon of mass destruction.

New nickname.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Prior to the start of the season, the board had a discussion on what it would take for Taylor's supporters to continue to support him. My number was 9 wins. My season prediction, which I caught a lot of flack over, was 9-10 wins. Well, here we are, one more win gets us to 9....... you may have to put up with my homerism next year as well, as I fully expect 1 or 2 more wins...... Wink  Tongue  Rock On  Tiger  Who Dey

Love this, need to rub it in. You were the one Zac Taylor backer even when it looked really bad. Props Sled. I think we get our 9th
against the banged up Ravens next Sunday BTW. Would be awesome if we won out even though I don't think we beat the Chiefs.

We will see though, we can beat anybody, even the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote