Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fairly Tough Defense?"
Tough as nails
Mentally tough
Unrelenting

Fairly sounds like so-so. We’re not so-so.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: Two interceptions, a punch out fumble, and 2 other dropped INTs. Yea, total luck on our part. Cry

Everything started with the botched fake fumble. And the botched handoff had nothing to do with us. 

Before that he was dicing 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:01 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Everything started with the botched fake fumble. And the botched handoff had nothing to do with us. 

Before that he was dicing 

The fake was likely going to get stopped anyways. We had 3 defenders right in his face. It was 20-17 before the botched handoff.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:04 PM)TheFan Wrote: The fake was likely going to get stopped anyways. We had 3 defenders right in his face. It was 20-17 before the botched handoff.

Perhaps. For whatever reason that sparked the downward spiral for the bucs. I was confident the whole way the Bengals would win. Was just crazy to see such a tale of two halves. We weathered the storm and they couldn't 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did we even hit Fournette on that fumble?

No, and the ball barely did either. That fumble was on the QB, IMO, rather than the RB. It was rolling out of Brady’s hand before he even got to Fournette, and it made it a super difficult handle for him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Flukey?

Ossai nearly snapped Brady’s arm off

Pratt showed incredible hand/eye coordination to pick that he was on his arse.

Flowers amazing to get down so low and keep control of the ball.

The only fluke could be fatty Fournette thinking the rock was a salad and dropping it.

Our defence was championship level in the second half we put our foot on their neck and didn’t let em up.

Actually, Brady had already dropped the ball before Fournette ever had a chance to get it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/thechrismathis/status/1604679517943087104?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

“He (Brady) was fairly ok, but not good enough to win”. Lol

Good on you Eli.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm sorry but I just don't see being called "fairly tough" as some sort of big thing?

Yes I agree it wasn’t that big of a thing but it was just weird when you listen to the three of four things he said leading up to it. He was being highly complimentary of the Bengals and then when he mentioned the Bengals defense he dropped the “fairly tough”. With that said he could have said a lot worse. 
Reply/Quote
Imagine your best friend in your younger years trying to get you to go on a blind date so you can double with him and his girlfriend. He says "My girlfriend has a cousin in town and you should go out with her." You ask what she looks like and he says she's "Fairly attractive." Are you excited, or dreading it?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 08:51 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Yes I agree it wasn’t that big of a thing but it was just weird when you listen to the three of four things he said leading up to it. He was being highly complimentary of the Bengals and then when he mentioned the Bengals defense he dropped the “fairly tough”. With that said he could have said a lot worse. 

Well, credit the opportunistic fan writer who chose to single out one sentence from all that Tom actually said.  On the other hand, football is a competitive sport where the participants will grasp at the tiniest details looking for something to draw emotional energy from, in order to gain that competitive edge.  In other words, Tom left the door open, why wouldn't the Bengals come rushing through it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Come on, I refuse to believe that being called "fairly tough" is some great insult that would be a rallying cry for millionaire professional athletes. I'm not buying it, especially since the defense came out looking like they were playing in wet concrete for the first half. If they were so fired up over it, they wouldn't have allowed Geriatric Tom to shred them for the first 30 minutes.

Great adjustments at halftime and they did play great in second half, but I'm just not buying this narrative that Tommy gave them some great bulletin board material that motivated them to play great football, because for half the game, they did not, in fact, play very well.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, credit the opportunistic fan writer who chose to single out one sentence from all that Tom actually said.  On the other hand, football is a competitive sport where the participants will grasp at the tiniest details looking for something to draw emotional energy from, in order to gain that competitive edge.  In other words, Tom left the door open, why wouldn't the Bengals come rushing through it?

Bingo

I could be wrong but I don't think Brady meant it as a slight. And I don't like Brady at all, however.

"Fairly good defense" it does lean towards a slight. Mediocre, average, not very good can easily be read into it. But it can also be viewed as they're better than average, not bad, above awful and so on.

But we won so if it helped them Joe
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Imagine your best friend in your younger years trying to get you to go on a blind date so you can double with him and his girlfriend. He says "My girlfriend has a cousin in town and you should go out with her." You ask what she looks like and he says she's "Fairly attractive." Are you excited, or dreading it?

My first question would have been "Does she put out?"  Attractiveness is great.  Getting laid by a 6 is fun too.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: https://twitter.com/thechrismathis/status/1604679517943087104?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

“He (Brady) was fairly ok, but not good enough to win”. Lol

Good on you Eli.

The best part of that is that Eli delivered that with a straight face and didn't laugh into the camera.  lol
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 09:41 PM)pally Wrote: The defense took it personally

i mean fairly tough defense from a guy that has 7 rings isnt an insult imo lol
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:03 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Come on, I refuse to believe that being called "fairly tough" is some great insult that would be a rallying cry for millionaire professional athletes.  I'm not buying it, especially since the defense came out looking like they were playing in wet concrete for the first half.  If they were so fired up over it, they wouldn't have allowed Geriatric Tom to shred them for the first 30 minutes.  

Great adjustments at halftime and they did play great in second half, but I'm just not buying this narrative that Tommy gave them some great bulletin board material that motivated them to play great football, because for half the game, they did not, in fact, play very well.

You can believe that, and perhaps the comment was taken out of context, but post game the Paul Dehner remarked that he heard "fairly tough" 74 times and ESPN have the comment on their front page lead.

You never know what's going to motivate players, but this sure did.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean fairly tough defense from a guy that has 7 rings isnt an insult imo lol

I guess, however they are number 10 this year in PPG. I’d say that’s a good defense. 18-20 would be fairly tough.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I guess, however they are number 10 this year in PPG.  I’d say that’s a good defense.  18-20 would be fairly tough.

18-20 would be fairly tough to watch for us...

But not for tom brady to pick apart
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:12 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: My first question would have been "Does she put out?"  Attractiveness is great.  Getting laid by a 6 is fun too.  

Alcohol can raise that 6.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote