Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faith, Love, Loyalty
Dear Who Dey Nation
Let's enjoy and soak in every minute of today. Eat, Drink and be Merry. I'm 52 and am more excited now than I was when the other Joe and the Niners broke my heart twice. I firmly believe that Joe Sheisty and the boys can and will be back to this plateau, but it ain't easy. I was a cocky teenager when Boomer last took our guys to the Bowl. I thought, no big deal, we'll be back soon. Well, 32 years later, here we are. I struggle with MS, but year after year, my son and I get our season tix and struggle to get inside the stadium. Through the good and bad and ups and downs, I have and will forever love every minute of it.

I've heard that true happiness in so many areas of life can come from 1. having something/someone to LOVE, 2. having something to do with purpose and 3. something to hope for. When it comes to football, the Bengals have given us LOYAL fans, through good and bad, all 3. Let's have faith and finish what we started. Like all of you I bleed orange and black, and I strongly advise that all my brethren take in every minute of today. Let's have FAITH and finish what we started this year!

I love the Bengals; I love all of you (even the Debbie Downers lol) and we will all love a Super Bowl Win even more.
Who Dey Everyone. Rule the Day!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:52 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I love the Bengals; I love all of you (even the Debbie Downers lol) 

Even after we win today we'll still be 5 SBs behind the Steelers.  Sigh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even after we win today we'll still be 5 SBs behind the Steelers.  Sigh.

We’ll catch up within in ten years. The Bengals are a better offensive line away from being a dynasty.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even after we win today we'll still be 5 SBs behind the Steelers.  Sigh.

But when we win Super Bowl 62; our 7th in a row, they’ll be 1 behind us.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: But when we win Super Bowl 61; our 7th in a row, they’ll be 1 behind us.

I think Burrow is gonna find a way to win 2 SBs in a single year, eventually. 
Reply/Quote

And seven behind the Browns' eight "NFL championships"  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And seven behind the Browns' eight "NFL championships"  Mellow

Paul Brown-era championships are pretty much ours...fair is fair.
Reply/Quote

It's the What have you done for us lately league.. Just remember that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:52 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Dear Who Dey Nation
Let's enjoy and soak in every minute of today.  Eat, Drink and be Merry.  I'm 52 and am more excited now than I was when the Joe and the Niners broke my heart twice.  I firmly believe that Joe Sheisty and the boys can and will be back to this plateau, but it ain't easy.  I was a cocky teenager when Boomer last took our guys to the Bowl.  I thought, no big deal, we'll be back soon.  Well, 32 years later, here we are.  I struggle with MS, but year after year, my son and I get our season tix and struggle to get inside the stadium.  Through the good and bad and ups and downs, I have and will forever love every minute of it.  

I've heard that true happiness in so many areas of life can come from 1. having something/someone to LOVE, 2. having something to do with purpose and 3. something the hope for.  When it comes to football, the Bengals have given us LOYAL fans, through good and bad, all 3.  Let's have faith and finish what we started.   Like all of you I bleed orange and black, and I strongly advise that all my brethren take in every minute of today.  Let's have FAITH and finish what we started this year!  

I love the Bengals; I love all of you (even the Debbie Downers lol) and we will all love a Super Bowl Win even more.  
Great, awesome post, Boomer Anderson.  After today you will be changing your name to Sheisty Boomer Anderson. 

Props to you for cutting to the heart to what today means.  Loving someone, or something, is the only thing that matters in life.  When you love, you risk pain.  In fact, it's guaranteed.  We have known our share.  Maybe today it changes, maybe not.  But I will always love the Cincinnati Bengals.  

Props also for sharing the Bengals experience with your son.  I do the same with my sons and daughters.  And every touchdown when my hands reach for the sky, I think of my dad.

I don't know you, but living with MS makes you a WINNER IN LIFE.

Now let's go win a Super Bowl.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:52 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote:   I was a cocky teenager when Boomer last took our guys to the Bowl.  I thought, no big deal, we'll be back soon.  Well, 32 years later, here we are. 

I felt the same way, as we are the same age.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would take this long to see the Bengals in the Superbowl again.  Heck, after seeing them there twice in my youth, I thought they were developing into a perennial power.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:23 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Great, awesome post, Boomer Anderson.  After today you will be changing your name to Sheisty Boomer Anderson. 

Props to you for cutting to the heart to what today means.  Loving someone, or something, is the only thing that matters in life.  When you love, you risk pain.  In fact, it's guaranteed.  We have known our share.  Maybe today it changes, maybe not.  But I will always love the Cincinnati Bengals.  

Props also for sharing the Bengals experience with your son.  I do the same with my sons and daughters.  And every touchdown when my hands reach for the sky, I think of my dad.

I don't know you, but living with MS makes you a WINNER IN LIFE.

Now let's go win a Super Bowl.  

Thank you Brother.  Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:52 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Dear Who Dey Nation
Let's enjoy and soak in every minute of today.  Eat, Drink and be Merry.  I'm 52 and am more excited now than I was when the other Joe and the Niners broke my heart twice.  I firmly believe that Joe Sheisty and the boys can and will be back to this plateau, but it ain't easy.  I was a cocky teenager when Boomer last took our guys to the Bowl.  I thought, no big deal, we'll be back soon.  Well, 32 years later, here we are.  I struggle with MS, but year after year, my son and I get our season tix and struggle to get inside the stadium.  Through the good and bad and ups and downs, I have and will forever love every minute of it.  

I've heard that true happiness in so many areas of life can come from 1. having something/someone to LOVE, 2. having something to do with purpose and 3. something to hope for.  When it comes to football, the Bengals have given us LOYAL fans, through good and bad, all 3.  Let's have faith and finish what we started.   Like all of you I bleed orange and black, and I strongly advise that all my brethren take in every minute of today.  Let's have FAITH and finish what we started this year!  

Well put. I'm 71 and have been a fan since day 1. This is the best I've ever felt about a Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I felt the same way, as we are the same age.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it would take this long to see the Bengals in the Superbowl again.  Heck, after seeing them there twice in my youth, I thought they were developing into a perennial power.

I was going to say...after 88 I was like "They'll be back next year" and then after 1992 or so I was like "They'll never be back."

(02-13-2022, 06:39 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Well put. I'm 71 and have been a fan since day 1. This is the best I've ever felt about a Bengals team.

It also helps that this is the first SB we've had where we aren't facing Joe Montana in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to say...after 88 I was like "They'll be back next year" and then after 1992 or so I was like "They'll never be back."

It also helps that this is the first SB we've had where we aren't facing Joe Montana in his prime.

Definitely.  Nothing against Stafford, but he's not Montana.  The first GOAT.
Reply/Quote