Shucks, I don't know.
20.00%
7 20.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Faith
(08-30-2015, 08:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Even though it's about 20 minutes from me, i don't know much about it. 

That said, after a bit of reading, i'd agree with this...
http://phys.org/news/2009-06-paleontologists-brought-laughter-creation-museum.html

I prefer to steer clear of trying to defend crackpots.

Anything else remotely reasonable? You'll need to make it quick, i have a draft in 35 minutes.

So you don't want examples of crackpots rejecting something but of reasonable people rejecting something?  Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 08:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you don't want examples of crackpots rejecting something but of reasonable people rejecting something?  Rolleyes

You have some real problems with comprehension, comrade.

I don't like trying to defend crackpots, is what i said.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 08:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You have some real problems with comprehension, comrade.

I don't like trying to defend crackpots, is what i said.

So you want to defend a reasonable person who rejected facts?

The problem is reasonable people don't do that like the creationist museum people do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 09:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you want to defend a reasonable person who rejected facts?

The problem is reasonable people don't do that like the creationist museum people do.

You mean facts like when life begins?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-27-2015, 08:24 PM)xxlt Wrote: Do you believe in a God or gods? You can say "yes" (Oh I'm a Believer! Not a trace - of doubt in my mind!),"no" (Oh Oh Oh it's magic, you know, never believe - it's not so!), or "undecided" (No song for you! You can be a hummer. And if there's such a thing as karma maybe you will get one too!)

If you would care to elaborate on your beliefs (Christian, Hindu, Rastafarian, etc.) or lack there of, please do.  

Yes, I am one of the people of the Cross (Christian).
(08-30-2015, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gold job

Oh, you were commenting on the typo. Now I actually feel bad for you.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-30-2015, 09:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Oh, you were commenting on the typo. Now I actually feel bad for you.

Nope, typos happen. I was just commenting on the failed attempt at wit.
[Image: moran.jpg]

The "bfine didn't get it" post was just icing on the cake

(08-30-2015, 09:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you want to defend a reasonable person who rejected facts?

I.Don't.Defend.Crackpots.Like.The.Ones.Running.The.Creation.Museum.

Capiche?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, typos happen. I was just commenting on the failed attempt at wit.
[Image: moran.jpg]

The "bfine didn't get it" post was just icing on the cake

It wasn't meant to be wit, it was a pop culture reference. I have seen Lucy post Simpsons references before, so I thought he'd appreciate it.

You didn't. That's fine. Maybe you don't like the Simpsons, which is tragic, but it's not for everyone. But was it really worth 3 posts that make you look like a petty asshat with nothing else going on in his life just to tell me that you didn't like my reference? Your actions are sometimes brad level pathetic.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-30-2015, 10:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It wasn't meant to be wit,

Well then I take it back; you succeeded.

It's probably been said in the past 6 pages, but I'll reiterate the same thoughts that I posted up on the old board.

Religion and faith are great. While nowadays we live in a day and age where the evils of religion are overstated (that's what gets the clicks and likes and shares and whatnot) the good that religion can do on a personal level kinda gets lost in all the negativity. I sure know that religion saved my old man when he was going through a rough patch in his life, and I'm sure there are all sorts of similar stories that we just don't get to hear about.

That said, the ugly side of it all can come out when you have people trying to define what faith is "correct" or "right and which is wrong. Faith is (or at least should be) on such a personal level that it is extremely conceited and childish to think that someone doesn't understand faith or has the "wrong one." It's why I'm not for really for organized religion, religion and faith work best on the personal level.

It's the individuality of them that makes me feel strong about the two staying out of politics. The moment a group tries to get another to accept their beliefs on something so abstract is where conflict starts. So in short, have your relationship with whatever god or gods you believe in, but keep it to yourself. Little good could possibly come from trying to force it upon others, and probably goes more against your faith than anything else.

As for the question posed, I did select yes for a god. It's my opinion that the universe we inhabit is the "god" that so many people try to look for, once you think about it, it really makes a lot of sense.
(08-30-2015, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And yet he never shows up to accept his trophy.

He shows up for me all the time. I feel his blessing everyday.
(08-30-2015, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean facts like when life begins?

Nicely done + rep
(08-30-2015, 10:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It wasn't meant to be wit, it was a pop culture reference. I have seen Lucy post Simpsons references before, so I thought he'd appreciate it.

You didn't. That's fine. Maybe you don't like the Simpsons, which is tragic, but it's not for everyone. But was it really worth 3 posts that make you look like a petty asshat with nothing else going on in his life just to tell me that you didn't like my reference? Your actions are sometimes brad level pathetic.

I support the Simpsons. We have common ground lol
(08-31-2015, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He shows up for me all the time.  I feel his blessing everyday.

That's Muslim God; he just doesn't have the heart to tell you you're wrong! Ninja
(08-31-2015, 12:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's probably been said in the past 6 pages, but I'll reiterate the same thoughts that I posted up on the old board.

Religion and faith are great. While nowadays we live in a day and age where the evils of religion are overstated (that's what gets the clicks and likes and shares and whatnot) the good that religion can do on a personal level kinda gets lost in all the negativity. I sure know that religion saved my old man when he was going through a rough patch in his life, and I'm sure there are all sorts of similar stories that we just don't get to hear about.

That said, the ugly side of it all can come out when you have people trying to define what faith is "correct" or "right and which is wrong. Faith is (or at least should be) on such a personal level that it is extremely conceited and childish to think that someone doesn't understand faith or has the "wrong one." It's why I'm not for really for organized religion, religion and faith work best on the personal level.

It's the individuality of them that makes me feel strong about the two staying out of politics. The moment a group tries to get another to accept their beliefs on something so abstract is where conflict starts. So in short, have your relationship with whatever god or gods you believe in, but keep it to yourself. Little good could possibly come from trying to force it upon others, and probably goes more against your faith than anything else.

As for the question posed, I did select yes for a god. It's my opinion that the universe we inhabit is the "god" that so many people try to look for, once you think about it, it really makes a lot of sense.

Or, as Jesus said, don't go to the temple and pray like the hypocrites, go to your closet and pray in there. I can dig that. I am not sure your 'the universe we inhabit is god' idea is a radical one or a novel one, but I can dig that too.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-01-2015, 11:20 AM)xxlt Wrote: Or, as Jesus said, don't go to the temple and pray like the hypocrites, go to your closet and pray in there. I can dig that. I am not sure your 'the universe we inhabit is god' idea is a radical one or a novel one, but I can dig that too.

I personally wouldn't call it radical. In my opinion, the universe itself fits most if not all the qualities that religions put forth for their respective god(s).

I guess I'd classify my beliefs as a mash up of a bunch of different beliefs ranging from Pantheism, Druidism (sans the human sacrifice of course Smirk ) and Spinozism, and adopting some of the teachings of others as well. 
(08-31-2015, 07:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's Muslim God; he just doesn't have the heart to tell you you're wrong! Ninja

Can't be the Muslim God.   He hasn't ordered me to violently kill all non believers. And rape all young children so they are forced to by muslim.

Wink
(08-31-2015, 10:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He shows up for me all the time.

Post his pic next time he shows up for you. I would like to see him.
(09-02-2015, 01:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can't be the Muslim God.   He hasn't ordered me to violently kill all non believers.  And rape all young children so they are forced to by muslim.  

Wink

Well Christian god also informed me you haven't stoned an adulteress to death in a while, either.  And I think he also caught you wearing clothes of intermingled, yet differing material recently.  Tsk tsk.