Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake Flea Flicker
I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a fake flea flicker before. I've seen flea flickers blown up when the RB gets tackled before he can toss the ball back, but I've never seen the RB fake to toss the ball back, turn around and just run the ball.

I give Zac crap for his playcalling, but gotta give him credit for that play (unless it's Callahan that deserves the credit Ninja)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is interesting because it had the same effect as a draw play so it was a pretty cool wrinkle. By the way...they need to run more draw plays on downs other than 3rd and long.
Reply/Quote
I heard Zac called for an actual Flea Flicker that was designed to lose 10 yards, but Mixon went rogue.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I heard Zac called for an actual Flea Flicker that was designed to lose 10 yards, but Mixon went rogue.

Oh God, now BOTH Joes are going rogue?!  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: It is interesting because it had the same effect as a draw play so it was a pretty cool wrinkle. By the way...they need to run more draw plays on downs other than 3rd and long.

Agreed, especially on some of these second downs. Cincinnati is passing 57% of the time on second downs. Mixing in some draws could help work up some extra space. 

Just a note to point out that Tampa Bay is passing 80% of the time on second downs, and that is absolutely wild to me. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh God, now BOTH Joes are going rogue?!  Shocked

Soon the entire offense will go rogue.

But only on plays that are successful.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Soon the entire offense will go rogue.

But only on plays that are successful.  Ninja

But, of course. 
Reply/Quote
I've never seen that either.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh God, now BOTH Joes are going rogue?!  Shocked

Nah.. we've yet to see Mixon wearing his clown suit photo like Burrow.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: It is interesting because it had the same effect as a draw play so it was a pretty cool wrinkle. By the way...they need to run more draw plays on downs other than 3rd and long.

My biggest issue with the offense is they aren't using the basic built in misdirections for their schemes. The Bengals are a wide zone under center running team that are dead last in the NFL in play action attempts. They are a shotgun passing team that are back half in RPOs (21st with 15 total) with very very few quick RB swings that are basically a run play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
In my nearly 40 years of watching/playing/being around football.... I've never seen that play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a fake flea flicker before. I've seen flea flickers blown up when the RB gets tackled before he can toss the ball back, but I've never seen the RB fake to toss the ball back, turn around and just run the ball.

I give Zac crap for his playcalling, but gotta give him credit for that play (unless it's Callahan that deserves the credit Ninja)

I may be completely off, but I could've sworn that Perine did that last year or BScott did it once, back in 2009-2011.

But it was AWESOME indeed.

I said to my wife yesterday (and she didn't know what I was talking about LOL) that I saw a couple of opportunities for delayed draws, like what the Stoolers used to do with Bell and that got me thinking that maybe they should try that going forward.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah cant tell if it was a Fake or When mixon turned around Burrow waived him off so he just kept it and ran... but it worked whatever it was.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a fake flea flicker before. I've seen flea flickers blown up when the RB gets tackled before he can toss the ball back, but I've never seen the RB fake to toss the ball back, turn around and just run the ball.

Yes, wild play and I liked it a lot. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I thought Pollack was the one calling the running plays.
If so, I wonder if this technically fell under a running play or not, and therefore I wonder how much Taylor was involved in the play call.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:47 PM)Synric Wrote: My biggest issue with the offense is they aren't using the basic built in misdirections for their schemes. The Bengals are a wide zone under center running team that are dead last in the NFL in play action attempts. They are a shotgun passing team that are back half in RPOs (21st with 15 total) with very very few quick RB swings that are basically a run play.

Bengals are 21st in PA%, at least. The reason their raw attempts are so low is because the Bengals aren't passing often all that often - 28th in the league in total attempts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought Pollack was the one calling the running plays.
If so, I wonder if this technically fell under a running play or not, and therefore I wonder how much Taylor was involved in the play call.

We don't know who calls the plays honestly, Brian, Zac, Pollack, that dude that does analytics or whatever....
Reply/Quote
If the field wasn't so terrible I think that one breaks for 15+ yards.
Reply/Quote

Me neither. I laughed when it happened and though it was a great play.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bengals are 21st in PA%, at least. The reason their raw attempts are so low is because the Bengals aren't passing often all that often - 28th in the league in total attempts. 

My point is the Bengals are rarely put defenders in conflict. Their offense has been very straight forward and missing alot of the plays from both the wide zone and the spread gun that make those offenses work.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote