Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fake Punt
(08-12-2018, 04:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was a freshman starting varsity in the playoffs against a nationally ranked team (played safety but also was the up man on punts), and then called a play exactly like what the Bengals did, and, after it was direct snapped to me, I took one step, tripped, and fell on my face.

ThumbsUp

They blew us out and likely would have anyways (had two D1 players, one of which ended up winning a Super Bowl as the Giants backup QB), but it was still shameful.

Actually, they had more D1 players, but I think those were the only two from the senior class.

[Image: jared-lorenzen-split-today-170810_e9e294...5ddc4b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you are the biggest Fej fan on the board Racer but Fej has never fielded Punts as far as i am aware of.

I think Wilson and Phillips need to be given some tries in place of Boyd and Ross, too risky.

Too valuable of commodities.

BTW, did Adam sign with the Stains?

I don't believe Adam has signed anywhere.  I think teams that are trying to build a culture with a young nucleus will stay away (and that is probably wise).  I went from not wanting him here, to calling him the heart and soul of the defense, to not wanting him here.  I guess he is a classic "baggage" guy.  Great talent, but can you take the baggage.  After that police video, I was done for good.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 03:25 AM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: jared-lorenzen-split-today-170810_e9e294...5ddc4b.jpg]

Jared!!!!! The "Hefty Lefty".... the "Pillsbury Throw Boy"..."The Battleship Lorenzen"..... he was a lot of fun to watch at Kentucky.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 03:25 AM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: jared-lorenzen-split-today-170810_e9e294...5ddc4b.jpg]
How to eat your way out of millions of dollars!

It's unreal.

He actually wanted to go to my high school but then the asshole basketball coach told him that he couldn't play basketball AND football (he could have, but the basketball coaches just typically didn't like it).
(08-13-2018, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jared!!!!! The "Hefty Lefty".... the "Pillsbury Throw Boy"..."The Battleship Lorenzen"..... he was a lot of fun to watch at Kentucky.

Oh, he was amazing to watch in high school because he'd just run around in the pocket, pull up, and launch the ball 60 yards downfield, which sucked trying to cover as a safety.

I'm still amazed that Derek Smith didn't make it in the NFL because a 6'6 tight end that's 240, athletic, and can catch is just a matchup nightmare.  Last I heard, he was still parking cars at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (I see him when I have appointments over there since that's where I was after the wreck or I present to nursing students from UC at Children's usually once a semester).
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 09:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How to eat your way out of millions of dollars!

It's unreal.

He actually wanted to go to my high school but then the asshole basketball coach told him that he couldn't play basketball AND football (he could have, but the basketball coaches just typically didn't like it).

Oh, he was amazing to watch in high school because he'd just run around in the pocket, pull up, and launch the ball 60 yards downfield, which sucked trying to cover as a safety.

I'm still amazed that Derek Smith didn't make it in the NFL because a 6'6 tight end that's 240, athletic, and can catch is just a matchup nightmare.  Last I heard, he was still parking cars at Cincinnati Children's Hospital (I see him when I have appointments over there since that's where I was after the wreck or I present to nursing students from UC at Children's usually once a semester).

His very best highlight at UK, was when the team was down by several touchdowns late in the game, and fans started filing out. He turned around and yelled at them "Hey, where y'all going, you're going to miss a hell of a comeback". And then they did.....
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 06:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't believe Adam has signed anywhere.  I think teams that are trying to build a culture with a young nucleus will stay away (and that is probably wise).  I went from not wanting him here, to calling him the heart and soul of the defense, to not wanting him here.  I guess he is a classic "baggage" guy.  Great talent, but can you take the baggage.  After that police video, I was done for good.  

Completely understand, not for bringing him back either.

But if none of our Returners pan out he is a damn great Returner...
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: His very best highlight at UK, was when the team was down by several touchdowns late in the game, and fans started filing out. He turned around and yelled at them "Hey, where y'all going, you're going to miss a hell of a comeback". And then they did.....

Cool story. :andy:
Reply/Quote