Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake jerseys?
(07-07-2017, 12:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No that is butt ugly... Nervous

Dude!  Would I wear that shirt to sunday Mass?  No.  Would I wear it to work even?  no.  But I would wear it to my Fantasy Football Draft and I would wear it with pride to any and all tailgates I attend for the Bengals!  That jersey is bad-ass!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 11:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: You're probably all tired of hearing about my distaste for being a walking billboard for anyone else, but here it is again. 
These teams SHOULD BE paying you to wear their jerseys, not the other way around. 
Think about that. What other business gets people to voluntarily pay them to do free advertising for them? 
Suppose I opened Grampahol's Fine Furniture store and had shirts made with my logo and my employees names on those shirts. How many of you would run right out and pay $80 (or whatever price) for a Grampahol's Fine Furniture shirt with the name of the shipping clerk emblazoned all over the back? 
I'm guessing nobody would, but hey, I could be wrong. 

Hook me up with some nice workout gear, and I'll rock you as a prime sponsor when I compete! ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 04:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hook me up with some nice workout gear, and I'll rock you as a prime sponsor when I compete! ThumbsUp

I would love to get a collection together and make you some bengals board gear to pimp at squat fest '17. Taking the sig bet to a whole new level!

Who is with me?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 04:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I would love to get a collection together and make you some bengals board gear to pimp at squat fest '17.   Taking the sig bet to a whole new level!  

Who is with me?

Well, I don't know about "squat fest '17", but I fully intend to compete in both the Fullsterkur Strongman Conquest, on Aug. 12th, in Annadale VA, and most definitely the River City Strongman Challenge, on Sept 23, in Richmond VA.

Richmond is just over 2 hrs. from my house, meaning no big ticket weekend trip to compete.  Annadale is near DC, might be a costly weekend, just to compete.  However, a friend and fellow State Rep to United States Strongman, from Tennessee is hosting a show in Knoxville in Nov., I'll most definitely be in that one.  As State Rep, I also host contests, but cannot compete in my own shows.  Anyone from the boards are more than welcome to come and cheer or jeer me on!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 04:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I don't know about "squat fest '17", but I fully intend to compete in both the Fullsterkur Strongman Conquest, on Aug. 12th, in Annadale VA, and most definitely the River City Strongman Challenge, on Sept 23, in Richmond VA.

Richmond is just over 2 hrs. from my house, meaning no big ticket weekend trip to compete.  Annadale is near DC, might be a costly weekend, just to compete.  However, a friend and fellow State Rep to United States Strongman, from Tennessee is hosting a show in Knoxville in Nov., I'll most definitely be in that one.  As State Rep, I also host contests, but cannot compete in my own shows.  Anyone from the boards are more than welcome to come and cheer or jeer me on!

I would go to "squat fest '17" no matter the location. If I get a hair up my ass and have time to design and bribe my berserk rep buddy, I'll make something happen. Not sure they like one offs. Shmedium should fit right?

Regardless, good luck strongy mcstronggluts.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 06:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I would go to "squat fest '17" no matter the location.   If I get a hair up my ass and have time to design and bribe my berserk rep buddy, I'll make something happen.  Not sure they like one offs.  Shmedium should fit right?

Regardless, good luck strongy mcstronggluts.

Funny you say that.  My son, who is going on 22 is becoming a gym rat.  He still thinks it's all chest and arms.  I keep telling him that if you want to back up the "look", you need to start thinking in terms of glute day and lats day..

Back to the OP.  I got an official NFL licensed jersey, Geno Atkins 97, complete with NFL PA endorsement, produced by Nike, for $50.  The guy has a friend who makes the orders from some place overseas, when he gets enough orders to get the price break.  Ask around, you may have someone in your community that has a similar connection.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Heck, just buy the prior players number and duct tape the new name on the back over the old one. The old jerseys go at clearance prices. Believe it or not, I see a couple of these at each Bengals game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 10:29 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Heck, just buy the prior players number and duct tape the new name on the back over the old one. The old jerseys go at clearance prices. Believe it or not, I see a couple of these at each Bengals game.

Can also find stores around various cities that will switch out nameplates on the back of jerseys, so you don't have to use duct tape.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Nike, Under Armour, Abercrombie and Fitch, Reebok, Hugo Boss, Tommy Bahama, Ford, Chevrolet, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Hoyt, Pearson, Remington, Browning, Winchester, Colt, Smith and Wesson, Taylor, Martin, Fender, Gibson, John Deer, Ranger, Sea Ray, Ron John, Budweiser, Miller, Coors............ the list is endless.  They put a logo on a shirt or ball cap, and somebody that's a fan of that product will buy it and wear it.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 03:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I used to order jerseys from weiketrade.hk around mid-November for Christmas gifts. You can get the Nike elite jerseys for just $28 each. They'd take about 2-3 weeks to arrive, but they were always pretty good quality given the price tag. Never had an issue with getting what I ordered, but I haven't ordered from there in a few years now.

Has anyone ordered a jersey from them?
Reply/Quote
I got a Joe Burrow jersey and a Sonny Gray jersey from DHgate.com and was pretty pleased with the quality to cost ratio. I don't know if they'd have a John Ross jersey, but they may have some custom jersey options.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BTW, here's that #15 Bengals Patrick Mahomes jersey:

http://weiketrade.hk/Product/Pro18561.Html

If only weiketrade had made our 2017 NFL draft pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I did get a Hubbard Colour Rush from DHgate last year, as well as a purple Burrow LSU.

I wrote about the quality in another, very well-buried thread and it isn't bad at all... but it isn't the Elites that they are supposed to be mimicking, thus going forward, I will bite the bullet and spend 1/3 paycheque on the real thing.

I don't like non-Elites. Call me a snob lol.

The Burrow LSU is FANTASTIC, looks completely legit and wonderful.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote