Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faker faked too long
Guess the Roethlisberger “rib injury” should have “cleared itself up” a little sooner.

What a warrior.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Guess the Roethlisberger “rib injury” should have “cleared itself up” a little sooner.

What a warrior.

He will call out some other team mate so he won't have to take any blame. Look up DRAMA QUEEN in the dictionary and  you will see his picture.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that's his call. If Tomlin wants to keep him out, then he's out. They had the lead and I think that they thought that as long as they were winning that they could keep him on the sideline and if they fell behind, they could put him back in and he'd get them the win. It's arrogant for sure, but Tomlin is such a doofus that I wouldn't put it past him. Even so it probably would have worked if Omar Epps knew how to manage the clock and his timeouts. Oakland goes first and goal at the 7 with 1:54 left and Epps lets them bleed the clock down even though he has 2 timeout. Maybe Coach Clueless thought that he could save them for next week? It was surreal to watch. It came down to 4 plays and he bet the Steelers sketchy defense vs the Raiders offense with no back up plan, and he rolled the dice and he lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think that's his call. If Tomlin wants to keep him out, then he's out. They had the lead and I think that they thought that as long as they were winning that they could keep him on the sideline and if they fell behind, they could put him back in and he'd get them the win. It's arrogant for sure, but Tomlin is such a doofus that I wouldn't put it past him. Even so it probably would have worked if Omar Epps knew how to manage the clock and his timeouts. Oakland goes first and goal at the 7 with 1:54 left and Epps lets them bleed the clock down even though he has 2 timeout. Maybe Coach Clueless thought that he could save them for next week? It was surreal to watch. It came down to 4 plays and he bet the Steelers sketchy defense vs the Raiders offense with no back up plan, and he rolled the dice and he lost.

That's what the idiot coach said after the game.

Ben was cleared and Tomlin held him out because the offensive was "in the flow"....of three and outs and an INT?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's what the idiot coach said after the game.

Ben was cleared and Tomlin held him out because the offensive was "in the flow"....of three and outs and an INT?

I heard that. Mind blowing. This was probably his worst coaching performance that I've ever seen. I can't wait to listen to Ron Cook make excuses for him tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:21 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I heard that. Mind blowing. This was probably his worst coaching performance that I've ever seen. I can't wait to listen to Ron Cook make excuses for him tomorrow. 

I wouldn't listen to Ron Cook tell me how to save my own life...lol.
Reply/Quote
I didn't recognize the two guys calling the game, but they were the worst announcers I've ever heard. It must have been the first football came they ever watched; they knew nothing about the game.

Not as clueless as Tomlin's post game presser, but still pretty bad.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's what the idiot coach said after the game.

That was the most ******** thing I ever heard 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I did not see Ben lobbying hard to go back in, it appeared to me he decided to start his off day early, looked relaxed and not in pain on sidelines, showed no signs of being injured on sidelines nor when he entered game.

Whole thing is weird for a team with .5 game lead in AFCN with Pats and Saints on horizon. I know Bengals are bad, but would not want to be in must win week 17 playing them if I were Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think that's his call. If Tomlin wants to keep him out, then he's out. They had the lead and I think that they thought that as long as they were winning that they could keep him on the sideline and if they fell behind, they could put him back in and he'd get them the win. It's arrogant for sure, but Tomlin is such a doofus that I wouldn't put it past him. Even so it probably would have worked if Omar Epps knew how to manage the clock and his timeouts. Oakland goes first and goal at the 7 with 1:54 left and Epps lets them bleed the clock down even though he has 2 timeout. Maybe Coach Clueless thought that he could save them for next week? It was surreal to watch. It came down to 4 plays and he bet the Steelers sketchy defense vs the Raiders offense with no back up plan, and he rolled the dice and he lost.

I think coaches think calling timeouts there shows a lack of faith in the defense as if those aren’t professional athletes out there and there feelings are going to be hurt because you acknowledged the other team might score.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:31 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I didn't recognize the two guys calling the game, but they were the worst announcers I've ever heard. It must have been the first football came they ever watched; they knew nothing about the game.

Not as clueless as Tomlin's post game presser, but still pretty bad.

Maybe it was this guy.

(12-10-2018, 12:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did not see Ben lobbying hard to go back in, it appeared to me he decided to start his off day early, looked relaxed and not in pain on sidelines, showed no signs of being injured on sidelines nor when he entered game.

Whole thing is weird for a team with .5 game lead in AFCN with Pats and Saints on horizon. I know Bengals are bad, but would not want to be in must win week 17 playing them if I were Steelers.

Smirk

Anyway if Ben is throwing a fit on the sidelines and demanding to be put back in then the story today is Ben is a diva and Tomlin has lost/is losing control of the team.

Instead we just had an idiot coach who weekly makes bad in game decisions make another bad decision and fans (even of other teams) want to blame the QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe it was this guy.

Smirk

Anyway if Ben is throwing a fit on the sidelines and demanding to be put back in then the story today is Ben is a diva and Tomlin has lost/is losing control of the team.

Instead we just had an idiot coach who weekly makes bad in game decisions make another bad decision and fans (even of other teams) want to blame the QB.

I don’t agree with that. I mean, yeah if he’s out there tossing Gatorade coolers around a’la Antonio Brown, then yeah it’s a story.

But the problem here is this isn’t the first time Ben has left a game with a weak, overplayed injury only to come in and try to, “against all odds”, in “warrior” fashion, save the day.

I turned the game on in the third quarter having no idea that he was injured. I immediately looked at my brother in law who is a dolphins fan and said “he will come back in, win the game and be praised for how tough he is”.

Same song and dance except this time it bit them in the behind.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:52 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I don’t agree with that. I mean, yeah if he’s out there tossing Gatorade coolers around a’la Antonio Brown, then yeah it’s a story.

But the problem here is this isn’t the first time Ben has left a game with a weak, overplayed injury only to come in and try to, “against all odds”, in “warrior” fashion, save the day.

I turned the game on in the third quarter having no idea that he was injured. I immediately looked at my brother in law who is a dolphins fan and said “he will come back in, win the game and be praised for how tough he is”.

Same song and dance except this time it bit  them in the behind.

Except no one said any of that.

He was hurt...he got treatment and was cleared to play.  Tomlin said HE kept him out because of the "offensive flow" whatever the hell that means.

We don't know how much Ben lobbied to get back in.  We DO know that Tomlin didn't want to put his starting QB, who was cleared to play, back in.

Now, if he had said he didn't want to risk further injury with a big game against the Pats coming up...ok.  They were winning and Dobbs wasn't playing awful.  that *might* be a decent reason.  But as I said Ben's in the no-win.  He wants to play, he could play (and showed he was good enough to drive the team down the field twice in 5 minutes), but the coach has his helmet.

That's on Tomlin.

But I've said for years (and the Yinzers have attacked me for it) that Ben and the other stars on the team have bailed out Tomlin's bad decisions for so long that I think the coach just thinks it will always happen.  I really believe that Tomlin thought like your friend did that he could just hold Ben out and then if the Steelers needed to come back he can just put him in and no problem.

Problem is no one is perfect and it doesn't work all the time.  And it bit Tomlin and he didn't know how to explain it because it showed his lack of coaching ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Except no one said any of that.

He was hurt...he got treatment and was cleared to play.  Tomlin said HE kept him out because of the "offensive flow" whatever the hell that means.

We don't know how much Ben lobbied to get back in.  We DO know that Tomlin didn't want to put his starting QB, who was cleared to play, back in.

Now, if he had said he didn't want to risk further injury with a big game against the Pats coming up...ok.  They were winning and Dobbs wasn't playing awful.  that *might* be a decent reason.  But as I said Ben's in the no-win.  He wants to play, he could play (and showed he was good enough to drive the team down the field twice in 5 minutes), but the coach has his helmet.

That's on Tomlin.

But I've said for years (and the Yinzers have attacked me for it) that Ben and the other stars on the team have bailed out Tomlin's bad decisions for so long that I think the coach just thinks it will always happen.  I really believe that Tomlin thought like your friend did that he could just hold Ben out and then if the Steelers needed to come back he can just put him in and no problem.

Problem is no one is perfect and it doesn't work all the time.  And it bit Tomlin and he didn't know how to explain it because it showed his lack of coaching ability.

Don't want to interrupt that flow with your HoF QB.  (Ignoring that there was no offensive flow) He's better than old Marv, but I'm starting to think the dorky looking dude in Cleveland may be the best.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 10:52 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I don’t agree with that. I mean, yeah if he’s out there tossing Gatorade coolers around a’la Antonio Brown, then yeah it’s a story.

Same song and dance except this time it bit  them in the behind.

Ben is a drama queen, but it's a helluva leap from Drama Queen to someone who fakes an injury to sit out so he can come in and save the day. I know it fits well with the whole DQ narrative, but there's no way a professional athlete at the highest level would do that. It doesn't make sense. Wouldn't winning another Super Bowl do more for his ego and image than winning a single game in dramatic fashion? You're using some Brad level logic here. Shame on you.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ben is a drama queen, but it's a helluva leap from Drama Queen to someone who fakes an injury to sit out so he can come in and save the day. I know it fits well with the whole DQ narrative, but there's no way a professional athlete at the highest level would do that. It doesn't make sense. Wouldn't winning another Super Bowl do more for his ego and image than winning a single game in dramatic fashion? You're using some Brad level logic here. Shame on you.

Yeah maybe faker was the wrong word, but I think the point I was making came across just fine.

But hey, can you blame me for being so excited to post about Ben having another mountain out of a molehill injury that I used the wrong wording?

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 08:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think coaches think calling timeouts there shows a lack of faith in the defense as if those aren’t professional athletes out there and there feelings are going to be hurt because you acknowledged the other team might score.

If you're so mentally weak that your feelings get hurt because Omar Epps just called a timeout after you gave up a 39 yard pass play, then you do not deserve to be a paid professional. You can't handle the job. 

You go into survival mode and try to save as much time as possible by using your timeouts. At that point, the most that they've got is 4 plays. If you stop them you take a knee. If you don't you've allowed yourself the max amount of time to get into FG range. Every TO is 40 seconds. The Steelers got the ball back with :14 instead of :54. ******* said when asked that he likes to save a TO in that situation for offense. I'd much rather have the extra :40. If it all plays out the same, the Steelers are on the Oakland 22 with 45 seconds left instead of 5. Plenty of time for 2 or 3 quick outs to get closer, or 1 or two plays to the middle of the field. Either of which would give them a shot at the win instead of the OT. It was a f*ck up of colossal proportions. A Jr High coach should know better. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:53 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah maybe faker was the wrong word, but I think the point  I was making came across just fine.

But hey, can you blame me for being so excited to post about Ben having another mountain out of a molehill injury that I used the wrong wording?

Not sure if it was a mountain/molehill thing. He got crushed on the play where he was injured and got up a little slow. Word was that they wanted to do an xray at the half to make sure that nothing was broken. Nothing was. He probably sore and still in pain but cleared to play. Epps just didn't let him in the game, probably partly because he didn't want to risk more injury and partly he's so arrogant and disrespectful of his opponents, that he figured they could hold on with Dobbs and if not Ben would bail him out.

Again Ben is a DQ, but yesterday that was no factor in what happened. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:10 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not sure if it was a mountain/molehill thing. He got crushed on the play where he was injured and got up a little slow. Word was that they wanted to do an xray at the half to make sure that nothing was broken. Nothing was. He probably sore and still in pain but cleared to play. Epps just didn't let him in the game, probably partly because he didn't want to risk more injury and partly he's so arrogant and disrespectful of his opponents, that he figured they could hold on with Dobbs and if not Ben would bail him out.

Again Ben is a DQ, but yesterday that was no factor in what happened. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:04 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If you're so mentally weak that your feelings get hurt because Omar Epps just called a timeout after you gave up a 39 yard pass play, then you do not deserve to be a paid professional. You can't handle the job. 

You go into survival mode and try to save as much time as possible by using your timeouts. At that point, the most that they've got is 4 plays. If you stop them you take a knee. If you don't you've allowed yourself the max amount of time to get into FG range. Every TO is 40 seconds. The Steelers got the ball back with :14 instead of :54. ******* said when asked that he likes to save a TO in that situation for offense. I'd much rather have the extra :40. If it all plays out the same, the Steelers are on the Oakland 22 with 45 seconds left instead of 5. Plenty of time for 2 or 3 quick outs to get closer, or 1 or two plays to the middle of the field. Either of which would give them a shot at the win instead of the OT. It was a f*ck up of colossal proportions. A Jr High coach should know better. 

Oh I agree but I see it time and again and it’s the only explanation I can come up with.

Reply/Quote