Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falcons @ Bengals predictions
28-20 Bengals
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to go into the bye at 6-3 and we have 3 very winnable games in this stretch, 2 games at home. I feel if we can limit Mariota and the Falcons running game we've got great shot to beat them. Mariota only has 1055 yards passing and 61% completion rate.

Jump out to an early lead (I know) and force them out of their element and we'll be on our way home. And against one of the worst D's against the pass we should feast. I'm predicting a real breakout game.

Bengals - 37
Falcons - 20
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the offense comes out firing for once, I think we could put it away early.

27-13 Bengals
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Get up on them early. Take their running game/dink dunk pass gamae away and force Marriota throw the ball down field.

27 - 13 Bengals. I look for the defense to have a pick 6 in this one.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get up on them early. Take their running game/dink dunk pass gamae away and force Marriota throw the ball down field.

27 - 13 Bengals. I look for the defense to have a pick 6 in this one.

Hey Weezy! Hope your well brother. You’ll destroy Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
Atlanta is good at running the ball and without Reader and with the other injuries on the defense, I can see Atlanta gashing us. As much as our offense showed improvement last week, I still think we come out and while moving the ball, I think our offense stalls on the first couple drives or so allowing Atlanta to continue running the ball and keeping the game close.

Ultimately, I still think we win; our offense continues its resurgence as we pull away in the 2nd half.

Bengals win 28-13
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This game will be tougher than the saints. If we don’t score early and often, we are screwed. 27-17 Birds

Reply/Quote
little worried about Falcons rushing attack with Reader still out and Wilson joining him.

Yet think the Bengals rise to the occasion in the Jungle and take care of business with Joe now spreading the ball around.

Bengals 34-24

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
oh did anybody notice that as soon as our rushing attack starting averaging over 5 plus yds a carry

the passing yds went up, the long TD's came back, and Joe's QBR skyrocketed as well.

Just poking fun KG

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: oh did anybody notice that as soon as our rushing attack starting averaging over 5 plus yds a carry

the passing yds went up, the long TD's came back, and Joe's QBR skyrocketed as well.

Just poking fun KG

I was told there is zero correlation and that running the ball is a waste of time.  Smirk
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We will have to start fast and with this Secondary against our weapons it should happen. Our O-line and
Burrow are finally getting on the same page and now Burrow is willing to take what the Defense gives him
against the 2nd worst passing Defense in the NFL, I expect our real breakout game on Offense. The Saints
game was a start but I wouldn't call it a breakout game. The Falcons are a good 2nd half Offensive team
but if they have to throw they will be in trouble...

Bengals - 38
Falcons - 16

They run the ball well on us and check down all day and get a lot of FG's cause our Defense holds up.

Our Defense will start to see what they need to do without Reader, need to hold the edges in the running
game and keep Mariota in the pocket and make him beat us with the pass, Lamar 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: oh did anybody notice that as soon as our rushing attack starting averaging over 5 plus yds a carry

Just poking fun KG

(10-18-2022, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was told there is zero correlation and that running the ball is a waste of time.  Smirk

Cool Wink Smirk
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34-27

I expect a gentle shootout. The Falcons are going to have offensive success against this defense, I think, which is primarily a reflection of being without three critical run defenders (Reader, Tupou, and Wilson). Thankfully their defense is terrible, especially in the ways the Bengals are best able to exploit. At the end of the day if it's Joe Burrow versus Marcus Mariota in a war of scoring, I feel fine.
Reply/Quote
A running team is frustrating when it comes to clock and ball control, but it's tough when they get behind and can't score quick. Fortunately, we have the team that is most likely to score fast, and they are going up against a defense with two starting corners out.

The defense needs to keep holding teams to 3 if they are going to struggle vs the run. Also helps to get off the field on 3rd down unlike last week. If the defense can get a stop of two and the offense goes up a couple of scores, I think it's a long day for Atlanta. Start fast, foot on the gas, negate ball control for the Falcons. Make them play outside their comfort zone.

Time for this offense to repay the defense for doing work all season while they figured things out.

Bengals 31, Falcons 16.
Reply/Quote
What is Tupou's status? Carter has been atrocious inside.

My feeling is Atlanta wins by controlling things with running the ball and with Pitts.

Burrow is gonna have to be near perfect for us to pull this out.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t underestimate this Falcon’s team.This is a better team that what most would like to believe.They just beat a good forty niners team pretty handily.They have been a bit inconsistent,but if they ever put it together,then they could be a very good team.

The thing I would love to see the most from the Bengals right now,is to see them get a fast start,and come out playing with some enthusiasm,instead of waiting till the second half.

Joe Burrow spoke about this subject in an interview after the Saints game,and implied that they were going to put more emphasis on that part of their game in the future.

Although I believe the Falcons are underrated,I still believe the Bengals are the most talented team.Bengals-27-20
Reply/Quote
31 - 13 bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 07:04 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I wouldn’t underestimate this Falcon’s team.This is a better team that what most would like to believe.They just beat a good forty niners team pretty handily.They have been a bit inconsistent,but if they ever put it together,then they could be a very good team.

The thing I would love to see the most from the Bengals right now,is to see them get a fast start,and come out playing with some enthusiasm,instead of waiting till the second half.

Joe Burrow spoke about this subject in an interview after the Saints game,and implied that they were going to put more emphasis on that part of their game in the future.

Although I believe the Falcons are underrated,I still believe the Bengals are the most talented team.Bengals-27-20

Oh, they are a good, young team no doubt. I just think they are running into us in our house at the wrong time and 
although we are a young team too, we are much more experienced in playing in big games and this is a big game for 
us at Home and Burrow and our Offense are finally getting things down. Just a bad time for the Falcons and that 
Secondary, most notably to face the Bengals IMO.

We will see, they very well could beat us in our place if we cannot stop the run and our Offense regresses back to 
what it was...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:26 PM)samhain Wrote: A running team is frustrating when it comes to clock and ball control, but it's tough when they get behind and can't score quick.  Fortunately, we have the team that is most likely to score fast, and they are going up against a defense with two starting corners out.  

The defense needs to keep holding teams to 3 if they are going to struggle vs the run.  Also helps to get off the field on 3rd down unlike last week.  If the defense can get a stop of two and the offense goes up a couple of scores, I think it's a long day for Atlanta.  Start fast, foot on the gas, negate ball control for the Falcons.  Make them play outside their comfort zone.  

Time for this offense to repay the defense for doing work all season while they figured things out.

Bengals 31, Falcons 16.

Nice post as usual Samhain, completely agree with all your thoughts here. Reps. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Falcons are far from an easy out, but I think our guys finally start to put all the pieces together this week and win by two scores. We’ve seen the OL finally starting to come together these last few weeks. Found the running game a couple of weeks ago, got the passing game going last week. Not expecting us to be in playoff form or anything but I think this will be a nice game for the team as a whole to start to look like what we expected coming into the season and hopefully show some balance on O. With Reader and Wilson out the defense could start to struggle a bit more, hopefully we can avoid more injuries this week.

Bengals win 30-20.
Reply/Quote