Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falcons @ Bengals predictions
27- 23 Bengals... It comes down to the wire again. Our receivers eat em up, but the Falcons run all over us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 11:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s a bad matchup for Atl. They are #31 in sacks, #31 in opponent QB % @ 69%., #31 in pass defense. I think the OL takes another step. Their corner Terrell is not 100% and the other corner has only started 1 game. 35-21 Cincy

This is why I can't believe the Falcons can win this game.  The dirty birds will get some FGs but the Bengals will be replying with TDs.

Falcons - 19
Bengals - 31
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are you thinking that the Falcons just own the TOP for this to happen SHRacer?

I see Burrow going against the 2nd worst passing Defense and I am drooling myself, especially after him learning to 
just take what the Defense gives him the last game instead of trying to force things...

It isn't just TOP, but limiting overall possessions.  Like at the New Orleans game.  From right before the half through the start of the 3rd quarter, Burrow didn't touch the ball for an hour.  The Bengals only got two possessions the entire second half.  This is one reason I could see the Bengals deferring if they win the toss because it could get them one more possession.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't just TOP, but limiting overall possessions.  Like at the New Orleans game.  From right before the half through the start of the 3rd quarter, Burrow didn't touch the ball for an hour.  The Bengals only got two possessions the entire second half.  This is one reason I could see the Bengals deferring if they win the toss because it could get them one more possession.  

I think you guys will win it.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't just TOP, but limiting overall possessions.  Like at the New Orleans game.  From right before the half through the start of the 3rd quarter, Burrow didn't touch the ball for an hour.  The Bengals only got two possessions the entire second half.  This is one reason I could see the Bengals deferring if they win the toss because it could get them one more possession.  

The Hendrickson penalty and the failure to stop them on two third and longs greatly contributed to that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The Hendrickson penalty and the failure to stop them on two third and longs greatly contributed to that.

Yep, have to be more disciplined against the Falcons.  One big difference is Mariotta will take 3-4 deep shots a game.  Have to stay home (Eli).  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Atlanta is good at running the ball and without Reader and with the other injuries on the defense, I can see Atlanta gashing us. As much as our offense showed improvement last week, I still think we come out and while moving the ball, I think our offense stalls on the first couple drives or so allowing Atlanta to continue running the ball and keeping the game close.

Ultimately, I still think we win; our offense continues its resurgence as we pull away in the 2nd half.

Bengals win 28-13

Agreed except I think we win in another nail biter playing catch up from an early Falcons lead due to both our lack of runD (early on until Lou makes adjustments) and typical lifeless and impotent O in the first half.

27-24 Good guys
Reply/Quote

Cool, makes sense. Mellow

We will see how disciplined we play cause as you say, the Falcons don't make mistakes on Offense and as Michaelsean
said, the Trey penalty was a terrible one in the Saints game. Need to not make those dumb mistakes.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has a great day and D looks good. Bengals 27 Falcons 10
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
38-17. Bengals win with a dominating performance. Burrow throws 4 TDs.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get up on them early. Take their running game/dink dunk pass gamae away and force Marriota throw the ball down field.

27 - 13 Bengals. I look for the defense to have a pick 6 in this one.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Hilton’s pick 6 of the Steelers is the only d/st we’ve seen in ages.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 38-17. Bengals win with a dominating performance. Burrow throws 4 TDs.

If the Falcons didn't have that penalty at the end, the Bengals might have kicked a FG to make it 38 points and I forgot Burrow is allowed to rush in TDs when predicting my 4 TDs thrown stat.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 38-17. Bengals win with a dominating performance. Burrow throws 4 TDs.

Congratulations on calling it almost exactly.
Reply/Quote

Rock On
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

You called this like Housh calls Fumbles... with astounding accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 05:16 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: You called this like Housh calls Fumbles... with astounding accuracy.

In my timeline Evan kicked a FG to make it 38 points today.

[Image: 8iI9.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 11:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s a bad matchup for Atl. They are #31 in sacks, #31 in opponent QB % @ 69%., #31 in pass defense. I think the OL takes another step. Their corner Terrell is not 100% and the other corner has only started 1 game. 35-21 Cincy

Not far off
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I was pretty close myself, feels good actually seeing the team doing what you think they ought to for once.
Reply/Quote