Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Falcons are firing their head coach, why can’t the Bengals?
(10-11-2020, 07:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Making an appt. Monday.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you become the organization that fires coaches 5 games into a coaches second year, you become the organization no good coach will go to.

Tell that to the '49'ers, who fired both Jim Tomusula and Chip Kelly, back-to-back, after only one season each.  They still managed to get Kyle Shanahan immediately after.

Do some research, or don't talk out of your ass and polute the board with complete bs.

PS I think giving Marvin Lewis 16 years speaks pretty well for us being a patient franchise.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to fire Turner and hire a OC first.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what's the purpose of letting him ride the season out? Think he'll make a push for the playoffs? We're #1 pick again. lol

If they take Trevor Lawrence I could actually see the NFL booting the Bengals and Washington out of the league for a year or maybe even permanently. They wouldn't have to reduce the salary cap that way. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Tell that to the '49'ers, who fired Tomusula and Chip Kelly after only one season.  They still managed to get Kyle Shanahan.

Do some research, or don't talk out of your ass and polute the board with complete bs.

PS I think giving Marvin Lewis 16 years speaks pretty well for us being a patient franchise.

Are we the 49ers? Do we have the history, the tradition, or the name? They got Shanahan and Lynch, do we have a GM? Are we going to hire one? Is our ownership going to be involved in major personnel decisions?

I know plenty about the game, I am telling you we are FAR more Browns than we are 49ers. Where it hurts you is in assistant coaches. Bad ownership who fire coaches often cause assistants to stay put and wait for better jobs rather than following head coaches into potential no win situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: See if you can get us a group discount, Harley.  They'll make it up in volume.

They let Marvin hang around seasons after he reached his expiration date (to my opinion, the playoff meltdown January '16).  I think Zac gets three years, and if he can win just five games this year, that will seal it.  

I already tried. Was told, "We can't handle that many MF issues, loser." then hung up? I don't get it?  Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The eye test tells me that were a lot better than the Falcons are right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:33 PM)J24 Wrote: The eye test tells me that were a lot better than the Falcons are right now.

We're not a lot better than anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wonder how many years Dan Quinn would have gotten here?  Gotta be at least 20, right?

Over .500 record, a Superbowl appearance, a Divisonal Round appearance, never won less than 7 games...

Gotta be nice for some of these others fanbases to actually have standards, and at least try to look like they're attempting to win a championship.

The problem with your logic? The last coach we had that actually got us to a Super Bowl was fired by Son of Paul.... LMFAO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you become the organization that fires coaches 5 games into a coaches second year, you become the organization no good coach will go to. The Browns became that for a while and struggled to get coaches to come in. Quinn had had issues for the last few years, the belief is he has lost the locker room a couple times, they are also heading for a rebuild. We just started our rebuild and outside of some aging vets it seems the locker room is there.

We can have a serious discussion after the season, but you aren’t moving on from Taylor mid year. It turns this place to an even tougher sell to quality coaches if you do.
I dont agree. Fire Taylor now and appoint an interim HC. Shows players, fans and anybody else the FO cares about winning.

It also shows anybody interviewing for the HC spot they better bring their A-game from day 1...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you become the organization that fires coaches 5 games into a coaches second year, you become the organization no good coach will go to. The Browns became that for a while and struggled to get coaches to come in. Quinn had had issues for the last few years, the belief is he has lost the locker room a couple times, they are also heading for a rebuild. We just started our rebuild and outside of some aging vets it seems the locker room is there.

We can have a serious discussion after the season, but you aren’t moving on from Taylor mid year. It turns this place to an even tougher sell to quality coaches if you do.

I doubt Taylor is going anywhere next year either, regardless of how bad this year is. 

An interesting side note though: The only time Mike fired a HC during the year, they went 7-2 the rest of the season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I doubt Taylor is going anywhere next year either, regardless of how bad this year is. 

An interesting side note though: The only time Mike fired a HC during the year, they went 7-2 the rest of the season. 

Tis probably the truth.

Taylor and Burrow are linked to one another and they'll give Taylor several seasons to work with his QB pick.

Thing is, no matter who they fire, the O-line is still a dumpster fire that isn't going to be fixed mid-season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Fire Tobin Fire Jim Turner and Fire Zachary
Reply/Quote
They fired the GM and the HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: We're not a lot better than anyone.

Maybe the Jets.

Reply/Quote
If we keep Taylor to long. I could see Burrow giving us the Cousins treatment year 8 He goes to the Saints and wins them a championship. It's a ridiculous amount franchising someone for 3 years
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 11:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If we keep Taylor to long. I could see Burrow giving us the Cousins treatment year 8 He goes to the Saints and wins them a championship. It's a ridiculous amount franchising someone for 3 years

I understand none of this post, and I actually read it twice just to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what's the purpose of letting him ride the season out? Think he'll make a push for the playoffs? We're #1 pick again. lol
It has been documented multiple times that it doesn't really do much, and can sometimes make a situation worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wonder how many years Dan Quinn would have gotten here?  Gotta be at least 20, right?

Over .500 record, a Superbowl appearance, a Divisonal Round appearance, never won less than 7 games...

Gotta be nice for some of these others fanbases to actually have standards, and at least try to look like they're attempting to win a championship.

Falcons fans are very woe is me, more so than us, as someone who went to uni in Georgia, I can assure you of this.
This was published the other day.
I imagine when we were on a playoff streak there were a lot of fanbases who felt the same about us.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Tell that to the '49'ers, who fired both Jim Tomusula and Chip Kelly, back-to-back, after only one season each.  They still managed to get Kyle Shanahan immediately after.

Their records have also looked like this since 2000:
[Image: niners.png]
It's not like they're some model franchise just because they got trendy and good recently.
Reply/Quote