Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falcons go with Raheem Morris over Belichick
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Morris does have previous head coaching experience which should only help. Belichick has forgotten more football than any owners will ever know, but his combination of age and desire for control isn't going to make him very lucrative to some of these owners.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 08:08 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Morris does have previous head coaching experience which should only help. Belichick has forgotten more football than any owners will ever know, but his combination of age and desire for control isn't going to make him very lucrative to some of these owners.

You’d better get along with people. Mike Vrabel didn’t get along with Ran Carthom the Titans GM who is a wonderful human being. Belichick said I’m not taking orders from Rich McKay. Absolutely zero drama with ownership, management, coaches, or players at Cincy
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 08:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’d better get along with people. Mike Vrabel didn’t get along with Ran Carthom the Titans GM who is a wonderful human being. Belichick said I’m not taking orders from Rich McKay. Absolutely zero drama with ownership, management, coaches, or players at Cincy

Yes, leadership in the NFL is increasingly becoming a more inclusive process. Zac Taylor excels at it and it has facilitated his success. The Titans owner, Amy Adams Strunk, and GM, Ran Carthon, wanted to change their organizational culture and saw Callahan as part of the solution. I don't pretend to know the Belichick way, but the media leads us to believe he is a strong authoritative figure. Such  a style of coaching and leadership might no longer appeal to all organizations and their management.

Perhaps the Falcons wanted Morris for a similar reason the Titans valued Callahan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 08:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, leadership in the NFL is increasingly becoming a more inclusive process. Zac Taylor excels at it and it has facilitated his success. The Titans owner, Amy Adams Strunk, and GM, Ran Carthon, wanted to change their organizational culture and saw Callahan as part of the solution. I don't pretend to know the Belichick way, but the media leads us to believe he is a strong authoritative figure. Such  a style of coaching and leadership might no longer appeal to all organizations and their management.

Perhaps the Falcons wanted Morris for a similar reason the Titans valued Callahan.

Belichick reminds me of Bob Stoops in some ways. If a reporter asked a technical football question about why did you use cover 2 or why didn’t you “ he’d reluctantly answer it but you’d see in his demeanor “ don’t ask me about the mechanics of football you never played”. Belichick would not agree to the hierarchy in place. Same old Bill.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 08:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, leadership in the NFL is increasingly becoming a more inclusive process. Zac Taylor excels at it and it has facilitated his success. The Titans owner, Amy Adams Strunk, and GM, Ran Carthon, wanted to change their organizational culture and saw Callahan as part of the solution. I don't pretend to know the Belichick way, but the media leads us to believe he is a strong authoritative figure. Such  a style of coaching and leadership might no longer appeal to all organizations and their management.

Belichick wanted power. I believe Blank was willing to do so, but everyone else in the front office, including team CEO Rich McKay, did not want to deal with that. 

I think he sits out the season and tries again next season when more GMs and HCs are fired.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Interested to see what happens with Bill and Pete...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 01:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Belichick wanted power. I believe Blank was willing to do so, but everyone else in the front office, including team CEO Rich McKay, did not want to deal with that. 

I think he sits out the season and tries again next season when more GMs and HCs are fired.

My Falcon buddy who’s pretty clued in says Belichick ended up saying I think I’ll pass as he didn’t want to be involved with a GM & EVP that were opposed to his hire. Arthur Blank blamed those guys for running him off. McKay got booted to their soccer team.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 08:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’d better get along with people. Mike Vrabel didn’t get along with Ran Carthom the Titans GM who is a wonderful human being. Belichick said I’m not taking orders from Rich McKay. Absolutely zero drama with ownership, management, coaches, or players at Cincy

We could use a little bit of drama if it meant having an actual official GM who had to be the one who called the shots and took the credit and blame... and also that we could get an actual NFL-caliber scouting department.

...and fired our OL Coach who clearly isn't the answer.

Pure complacency with the status quo isn't exactly ideal if your status quo is anything shy of the Chiefs 6 year run. You just don't want an unhealthy amount, just enough that people actually feel like they need to produce or they will be fired.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We could use a little bit of drama if it meant having an actual official GM who had to be the one who called the shots and took the credit and blame... and also that we could get an actual NFL-caliber scouting department.

...and fired our OL Coach who clearly isn't the answer.

Pure complacency with the status quo isn't exactly ideal if your status quo is anything shy of the Chiefs 6 year run. You just don't want an unhealthy amount, just enough that people actually feel like they need to produce or they will be fired.

I get that

Reply/Quote