Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallers and Risers Pre Combine Predictions
(02-17-2017, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most mocks have him going late first early second. I think once he blows the roof off the combine; he'll easily go mid-1st; as coaches will salivate with what "their coaching" will make him. Michigan played him everywhere 

This is very possible.  I am curious how he runs.  When a safety prospect starts outrunning CBs and WRs, it's an impression on a lot of scouts and coaches.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 11:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really buy into anyone "raising their stock" at the combine anymore.  Most scouts go off the tape, and the combine just confirms a few things.

However, I do think a guy can really hurt his stock with a performance at the combine if there are already concerns.

The one guy that I think really hurts himself at the combine in Desmand King of Iowa.  I don't think he will show the athleticism that the scouts want at CB.  There's already buzz that he is going to have to play safety in the NFL.  I think a less than outstanding combine will confirm that in most scouts eyes.

Just looking at last year, I think the combine boosted Goff and Wentz due to their respective throwing and measurables. I think it sky rocketed Fuller and Doctson from 2nd round picks as well.

And more than just measurables and such, interviews and personally meeting the players is a great way for players to rise a round or so as well.

I don't think there are many multi round jumpers as a result of the combine anymore, but movement within the first round is a real possibility.

I do agree, though, that more often than not, the combine hurts a prospect than helps him.

Especially the interviews haha.
Reply/Quote
Pat Mahomes will be a 1st round pick
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most mocks have him going late first early second. I think once he blows the roof off the combine; he'll easily go mid-1st; as coaches will salivate with what "their coaching" will make him. Michigan played him everywhere 

I've started seeing him mocked to the Pats.  He seems like their type of player, very versatile.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 12:14 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Pat Mahomes will be a 1st round pick

hes a 4th round pick at best.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='344917' dateline='1487175028']
Also a very good OLB/pass rusher class.  I see TJ Watt rising to borderline first-rounder, and Tim Williams dropping due to off-the-field issues + situational player.  
[/quote]

I think with the speed and agility training that Watt is sure to be able to afford (thanks, bro), this already freak athlete will wow people at the combine and he was already set to do very well in interviews as he is a very well-spoken and driven individual.

If the Bengals do slide back a little bit, Watt could actually be a pretty good fit here.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2017, 07:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: hes a 4th round pick at best.

This from the guy who wants the Bengals to draft TJ Barrett. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 10:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This from the guy who wants the Bengals to draft TJ Barrett. LOL

as a backup yes. His mechanics are sound. He had one elite year with good recievers, one bad year with no recievers. We shall see this coming year.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 11:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: as a backup yes. His mechanics are sound. He had one elite year with good recievers, one bad year with no recievers. We shall see this coming year.

OSU's passing attack is their Achille's heel.  Barrett's a big reason why. I'm not sue why you think he would have any more success in the NFL as a QB than Pryor or Miller. Or even Troy Smith. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 12:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: OSU's passing attack is their Achille's heel.  Barrett's a big reason why. I'm not sue why you think he would have any more success in the NFL as a QB than Pryor or Miller. Or even Troy Smith. 

I'll actually defend Jpoore for once. Up until this year he looked to be a better prospect that the other guys you mentioned. This year it all fell apart and some believe it was a combination of a bad line, lack of weapons, and strange play calling. I am not sure he will stick as an NFL QB, but I could see someone in the mid rounds giving him a shot. I think a system next year that lets him push the ball a little more down field (even more intermediate routes) will be key in his pursuit of making an NFL roster
Reply/Quote
TE Adam Shaheen will rise. Been kind of a sleeper to this point as a mid rounder. He'll make himself some $$$
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 03:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: TE Adam Shaheen will rise. Been kind of a sleeper to this point as a mid rounder. He'll make himself some $$$

Everything I have seen for a month has been people going nuts over the kid. They have said he could be a 1st rounder when it's all said and done. They are comparing this draft at TE to the Gronk, Pitta, Reed draft.
Reply/Quote

His physical skills are not what scouts are questioning. It's the way he ducks his head and gets abused in space that is.

That said, settling in at one position and better technique should help him. He is a playmaker.
Reply/Quote
Rise: John Ross. After the combine, he's going to be a top 15-20 pick.

Fall: Quincy Wilson. With a loaded draft class and some super athletic guys, I see Wilson falling down boards due to other players rising.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 07:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Rise: John Ross. After the combine, he's going to be a top 15-20 pick.

Fall: Quincy Wilson. With a loaded draft class and some super athletic guys, I see Wilson falling down boards due to other players rising.

I think Ross falls. A burner stringbean with multiple knee surgeries under his belt. And a scheduled shoulder surgery. His main question mark should be durability and 3 surgeries before taking an NFL hit scares me.
Reply/Quote
One guy I think rockets up draft boards will be Corn Elder the corner from Miami. He is undersized but plays much bigger than he is. Reminds me a lot of Brent Grimes.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 11:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: as a backup yes. His mechanics are sound. He had one elite year with good recievers, one bad year with no recievers. We shall see this coming year.

JT Barrett? I'm sorry, but a QB that hasn't ever passed for even 3000 yards did not have an "elite" year. His game works in college, it won't work in the NFL.

If you're going to say JT Barrett had an elite year with 2834 passing yards, 938 rushing yards in 2014, and 45 total TDs (his best year), you have to then say Chad Kelly had an elite year in 2015 with 4042 passing yards, 500 rushing yards, and 41 total TDs.
Heck, Johnny Manziel, who is already out of the league and was a bad starter, put up over 4500 total yards and over 45 total TDs each year at Texas A&M. It's extremely difficult being a running QB in college then transitioning to the NFL.
To be a successful QB in the NFL, you have to pass much more than you run.
To have an elite QB year, to me, you have to eclipse 4000 total yards with at least 3500 of them being passing yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 11:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: JT Barrett? I'm sorry, but a QB that hasn't ever passed for even 3000 yards did not have an "elite" year. His game works in college, it won't work in the NFL.

If you're going to say JT Barrett had an elite year with 2834 passing yards, 938 rushing yards in 2014, and 45 total TDs (his best year), you have to then say Chad Kelly had an elite year in 2015 with 4042 passing yards, 500 rushing yards, and 41 total TDs.
Heck, Johnny Manziel, who is already out of the league and was a bad starter, put up over 4500 total yards and over 45 total TDs each year at Texas A&M. It's extremely difficult being a running QB in college then transitioning to the NFL.
To be a successful QB in the NFL, you have to pass much more than you run.
To have an elite QB year, to me, you have to eclipse 4000 total yards with at least 3500 of them being passing yards.

U have to remember that was the same year zeke ran all over college, not to mention the bu keyes are a run first team. I actually really like kelly. I was never propoaitioning the fact that barrett would be a starter, he wont. But i think he could be a decent backup.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mathis DE/OLB
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U have to remember that was the same year zeke ran all over college, not to mention the bu keyes are a run first team. I actually really like kelly. I was never propoaitioning the fact that barrett would be a starter, he wont. But i think he could be a decent backup.

See, I don't even think he'll be a decent backup. I think he's going to need to change positions to play in the NFL. Otherwise, he'll need to play in another league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote