Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Starts question
Quick question. Is a false start reviewable in the NFL? In the Tenn OU game there was a blatant false start that was not called and no challenge flag came out even though it was a critical down. So I guess it's not challengable. I don't think I've ever seen a false start challenged I just assumed you could review it. Is this true in the NFL too.

Also, (and this is directed at Fred lol) what the hell happened to the Vols? They came out like a race car and then broke down like another not well maintained race car.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 11:06 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Quick question. Is a false start reviewable in the NFL? In the Tenn OU game there was a blatant false start that was not called and no challenge flag came out even though it was a critical down. So I guess it's not challengable. I don't think I've ever seen a false start challenged I just assumed you could review it. Is this true in the NFL too.

Also, (and this is directed at Fred lol) what the hell happened to the Vols? They came out like a race car and then broke down like another not well maintained race car.

False starts are not reviewable because they are technically judgement calls from the refs. But to answer your question a coach cannot challenge them.
Reply/Quote
That is why I hate holding calls in general....An entire game CAN be controlled by the refs...There is holding on the offense or defense most every single play in a football game....Just whether they get called or not....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 08:10 AM)spazz70 Wrote: That is why I hate holding calls in general....An entire game CAN be controlled by the refs...There is holding on the offense or defense most every single play in a football game....Just whether they get called or not....

Sad but true.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2015, 11:06 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Also, (and this is directed at Fred lol) what the hell happened to the Vols? They came out like a race car and then broke down like another not well maintained race car.

That was a tough one to take.

For those that did not watch the Vols were up 17-3 just 18 minutes into the game, and were still up 17-3 with only 20 minutes left in the game, but they ended up losing in double overtime.

Tennessee's offense disappeared at halftime, and Oklahoma's did not show up until the fourth quarter.  It is strange how things can change so swiftly in a game like that.  Tennessee held Oklahoma without a td for 50 minutes then the Sooners scored tds on 4 straight possessions.  And this was in Knoxville with a very loud and strong UT crowd.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 08:10 AM)spazz70 Wrote: That is why I hate holding calls in general....An entire game CAN be controlled by the refs...There is holding on the offense or defense most every single play in a football game....Just whether they get called or not....

Yeah I'm not a big vols fan but it still pissed me off to see that no call. Talk about effecting the game... that basically allowed OU to score a game tying TD and gave them all the momentum going into OT. Even the announcers where talking about it, they saw it immediately and they showed a replay of it, it was 2 guys and very blatant. I doubt that officiating crew will ever go to Knoxville again.
Reply/Quote
Not to belabor the point but check this video of it out on a 4th quarter 3rd and 1.

Doesn't that piss you off? Imagine if that happened to the Bengals. OMG the uproar that would ensue.
Reply/Quote