Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Dog saves 7 year old
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/140498960-story

Family dog saves 7 year old.   Takes repeated attacks from a rattlesnake to protect the child.   

They have to put an IV of antivenom because of all the attacks.    Crazy 
Reply/Quote
Now there is a good, old fashioned, human life story that can warm all of our hearts. They should give that dog a medal, and the biggest rawhide bone ever made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 07:22 PM)TheSunsetBengal Wrote: Now there is a good, old fashioned, human life story that can warm all of our hearts.  They should give that dog a medal, and the biggest rawhide bone ever made.

Read the gofundme page it's crazy what they have to do to save that dog.  

https://www.gofundme.com/savehaus
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 08:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Read the gofundme page it's crazy what they have to do to save that dog.  

https://www.gofundme.com/savehaus

43K raised so far, on 10K vet bills (so far).  They appear to be making money, now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2016, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 43K raised so far, on 10K vet bills (so far).  They appear to be making money, now.

Each vial is $618 and the dog gets 5-6 a day.   

Plus icu care of $1500 per day.   Any extra will go to local German Shepard rescues.    They had a break down on the gofundme earlier.  
Reply/Quote
That poor dog !
It was thrust into the social construct of protector by the ignorant, oppressive, cisgender, patriarchy with human privilege that hold these psychologically conditioned souls in slavery.

When will the mental/emotional rape of these animals be stopped ?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Why spend anything on the dog? It knew what it was doing when it took the risk. No one forced it to save the girl.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why spend anything on the dog?  It knew what it was doing when it took the risk.  No one forced it to save the girl.

Because a dog smart enough to recognize a venomous snake is a dog smart enough to save?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Good dog.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why spend anything on the dog?  It knew what it was doing when it took the risk.  No one forced it to save the girl.

Because he is a member of the family.   And his membership doubt went out the window when he stood in strong between a child and a rattlesnake.    
Reply/Quote
It's stories like this why I could never imagine going without a dog.
Reply/Quote

So you're saying the girl ASKED for it?  Whatever

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 11:49 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's stories like this why I could never imagine going without a dog.

Agreed.   We don't currently own a dog but it's not for want it's because our girls can't decide on a breed.    

oldest and myself want a big dog.   Wife and youngest want a little dog.    I imagine we are heading for a 2 dog home.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 11:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because he is a member of the family.   And his membership doubt went out the window when he stood in strong between a child and a rattlesnake.    

Hate to quote myself but to add to this....   

This dog is hero and because of him these people aren't possibly burying their child.  I know his treatment is expensive and he may not make it but he gave this family a gift.   
Reply/Quote
Amazing

$52,549 in 5 days from 1,840 people.

Quote: PLEASE Stop and read before you donate!!!!!!!*****Update - we are blown away by the response in the past day! We cannot thank you enough for your support! PLEASE - we feel we have plenty to care for Haus's needs; if that were to change we will let you know. Please INSTEAD of donating here donate to Heidi's Legacy Rescue - http://heidislegacydogrescue.com/donate/so others can find their own Haus. You can even do it in his name. We don't want to take this page down so you can see the story. Any monies above his medical bills will go to Heidis Legacy Rescue and other charities.
Reply/Quote