Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous people from your (small) hometown
(07-14-2020, 04:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: [Image: jim-rice-of-the-boston-red-sox-poses-bef...?s=612x612]

[Image: 4d3a5c1e2a755.image.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20110427180435]

[Image: 5b8941ee3cccd119008b457a?width=1100&form...&auto=webp]

[Image: radio.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1]

Radio, not Cuba Gooding Jr.

What is the point of posting pictures with noi names?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the point of posting pictures with noi names?

Larry Nance and some other dudes....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:40 AM)jason Wrote: Larry Nance and some other dudes....

First one is Jim Rice
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the point of posting pictures with noi names?

Thought it would be a fun game see who knew the people.

Surprised no one said hey look Black Panther.
Reply/Quote

But since you asked

Jim Rice
Shaun Ellis
Larry Nance
Chadwick Boseman (aka Black Panther)
James "Radio" Kennedy <-- More of a local celebrity, but they made a movie Radio starting Cuba Gooding Jr. As I'm from the area I have no idea if it was nationally popular or not.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 10:37 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Thought it would be a fun game see who knew the people.

Surprised no one said hey look Black Panther.

Black Panther is what I call Larry Nance... In all seriousness when I saw that you posted Nance, Rice, and other pretty big time guys that you may be from somewhere like Charlotte, and that was unfair to the small town theme of the thread... But it's pretty impressive all those guys are from somewhere called Anderson, SC. It's sorta like the Newport News and Hampton Virginia area.

I live in Dayton now. It's a city, but not a booming metropolis. Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, Mike Schmidt, Edwin Moses, the Wright Brothers, Paul Lawrence Dunbar, Alison Janey, Ron Harper (Black Panther's teammate in Cleveland), and John Paxson are all from here... I'm probably forgetting a couple.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: Black Panther is what I call Larry Nance... In all seriousness when I saw that you posted Nance, Rice, and other pretty big time guys that you may be from somewhere like Charlotte, and that was unfair to the small town theme of the thread... But it's pretty impressive all those guys are from somewhere called Anderson, SC. It's sorta like the Newport News and Hampton Virginia area.

I live in Dayton now. It's a city, but not a booming metropolis. Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, Mike Schmidt, Edwin Moses, the Wright Brothers, Paul Lawrence Dunbar, Alison Janey, Ron Harper (Black Panther's teammate in Cleveland), and John Paxson are all from here... I'm probably forgetting a couple.

See guys the pursuit of information is fun to me. But maybe not to most people lol. I thought of it as a fun little game. See anyone you recognize? Find out what town all these guys have in common.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:47 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: See guys the pursuit of information is fun to me. But maybe not to most people lol. I thought of it as a fun little game. See anyone you recognize? Find out what town all these guys have in common.

Fred's just got his period/ 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 01:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred's just got his period/ 

As a self iden...oh wait I can't make that joke here.
Reply/Quote
Senator John Sherman Cooper, the lady that was the model for Rosie the Riveter... allegedly....Venus Ramey (Miss America 1944), and Harriette Simpson Arnow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Joshua Bean, first Mayor of San Diego (1850-1851).
Judge Roy Bean, Famous Hanging judge of Texas. (Law West of the Pecos)
Deron Feldhaus, member of "The Unforgettables"
Chris Lofton, Played basketball for the University of Tennessee. 2003 Ky. "Mr. Basketball'
Darius Miller, Played for University of Kentucky Basketball. 2012 NCCA Champion, 2008 Ky. "Mr. Basketball" and plays basketball for the New Orleans Pelicans.
Albert Sidney Johnston, Commander of the Army of the Republic of Texas, Secretary of War for Texas, Commander of the Western Department for the Confederacy. Died at the Battle of Shiloh.
Stanley Forman Reed was a noted American attorney who served as United States Solicitor General from 1935 to 1938 and as an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1938 to 1957.

Some of the people from my area.

I've met 3 of them of them on the list & our area couldn't be represented by better young men. IMHO

I'm just glad Roy Bean wasn't still in the area in my youth. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 08:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Chris Lofton, Played basketball for the University of Tennessee. 2003 Ky. "Mr. Basketball'
He didn't just play.  He was a big star.  SEC Player of the Year and 2nd Team All American.  Also a first class young man.
Reply/Quote
Kettering, Ohio: Nancy Cartwright (Voice of Bart Simpson), Allison Janney ("Mom"), AJ Hawk (Needs no explanation), Jon Husted (Ohio Lt Gov), Jim Paxson (Basketball), Rob Dyrdek (Skateboard).

Fairborn, Ohio: Brian Billick (Ravens Coach).
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He didn't just play.  He was a big star.  SEC Player of the Year and 2nd Team All American.  Also a first class young man.

We so badly wanted him to Kentucky but Tubby chose differently. He's still playing professionally. Hard to believe he never got called up to the NBA.

Smooth as silk.
Reply/Quote
Mark Schlereth - pronounced Shlair-ith not the common mispronounced. schluh-wreth.

Portugal The Man - musicians

Trajan Langdon - Duke Basketball

Curt Schilling - Pitcher
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote