Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous wrestlers and their "finishing moves"
(03-19-2020, 02:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know all that stuff was choreographed and the matches were fixed, but they were still huge men doing some incredible stunts.  It is amazing more of them were not seriously injured.

I was reading a Mick Foley autobiography in which he stated a lot of the injuries wrestlers suffered. I was amazed at the story of how he drove from event to event instead of flying or taking a bus. He had an old beat up car with a cassette player and fans would make him 'Mix" tapes he would listen to while on the road. He said one of the first things he would do when he left an arena after a show was to stop at a convenience store and load up on snacks and food for his trip to the next show. He said many times he would throw up in the store's parking lot because of a concussion he sustained in that nights match. It's a wonder he can still function as well as he can with the amount of brain damage he must have sustained night after night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haven't watched wrestling since I was little but always loved Sting's Scorpion Death Drop (mainly because he looked like such a bad-ass with his face painted like The Crow!) and the Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver was pretty epic.
Reply/Quote