Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Base
Just saw an article by Jay Busbee, who is a writer for Yahoo Sports. The article was about the busted fan bases in the NFL. The list goes as follows: 10 San Diego/St.Louis 9. Bengals ( ranked 15th) 8. Bears 7. Bills 6. Lions 5. Browns 4. Jags 3. Falcons 2. Jets 1. Redskins.
  His remark was,I quote" The Bengals are destroying themselves within" unquote, he made to reference to the Chili. Something about Brown and with Chocolate !
Just saying.
Reply/Quote
Yahoo literally employs the worst "sports writers" on the planet. I've read that guys stuff before and he's the worst of the worst. And that list?? Prime example
Reply/Quote
Wow Yahoo Sports is just scraping the bottom of the barrel for content now aren't they?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If you're actually a sports writer for Yahoo, you're either just starting out, or seriously re-examining your career path.
Reply/Quote
In the media hierarchy Yahoo ranks somewhere below BuzzFeed and just above wet toilet paper.
Reply/Quote
This is all I got.......

:paul:
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 02:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yahoo literally employs the worst "sports writers" on the planet. I've read that guys stuff before and he's the worst of the worst. And that list?? Prime example

Nobody can be worse than Bill Reiter, and he's with CBS...which has really turned into an awful site over the last few years. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yahoo is still a thing?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody can be worse than Bill Reiter, and he's with CBS...which has really turned into an awful site over the last few years. 

Ah yes. Touché 
Reply/Quote
"9. Cincinnati Bengals: Zero for their last seven trips to the playoffs, despite having one of the best receivers in the game. Somehow, their head coach hasn’t been run out of town yet, even though he’s overseeing a team that seems to be devouring itself from within."

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
Oh no! Now WE'RE getting ranked by a pundit. As a long standing member of the Bengals fan base you have no idea how much this bothers me. 
Well perhaps you do have an idea.. It ranks somewhere between my excitement level for the latest toilet paper ads at Dollar General and the butter tray market share at Dollar Tree.. 
Disclaimer. I don't buy toilet paper at Dollar General and already have a really nice butter tray from somewhere else although I do have kids who have at various times worked for those companies and there are company franchises of both within 10 miles of where I live. 
OMG OMG OMG!  Whatarewegonnado?
If I was forced to take a guess NOTHING would be it.
Disclaimer 2..If this is keeping you awake at night find something else to worry about such as if it's going to rain at 3:43am on March 9th 2096 under your bed.  I know that keeps me awake every night. 
Disclaimer 3.. I am easily amused by writing junk like this. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 11:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: Disclaimer 3.. I am easily amused by writing junk like this. 

Have you ever heard of the law of diminishing returns?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote