Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Cost Index
Since 1991, the business intelligence firm Team Marketing Report has calculated the Fan Cost Index for all the major sports leagues. The Fan Cost Index is the average cost for a family of 4 to attend the sporting event in non-premium seats. It includes the cost of tickets, parking, food and drink, etc.

The NFL report was just released. The overall Fan Cost Index for the NFL is $590 up 4% from 2021. The most expensive team to go and see is the Las Vegas Raiders at $738 a drop of 5% from last season. The least expensive team to go watch is non-other than our beloved Cincinnati Bengals at $483 which was a 10% increase over last season's AFC Championship run.

That $483 is over $100 less than the cost for the Browns and Ravens who are both just slightly above the league average and $160 less than it takes to go to a Steelers game. Pittsburgh has the most expensive cost for soft drinks. Tampa has the most expensive beer prices at $12.00 per glass

Due to the short season as compared to the other major sports, the NFL, by far and away is the most expensive sport to see in person

https://theathletic.com/3908260/2022/11/17/nfl-teams-costs-fans/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Different cost index and were premium seats, but I started buying season tickets in 1991 on thru 2020

In 1991 it was $200 a seat for premium season tickets, $20 a game.

In 2020 it was $1,100 a seat for premium season tickets, $110 a game on average.

In 91 they were just a straight $20 a seat for all games including pre-season. In 20 they were cheaper for pre-season but fluctuated per game with some being $120 and some being $150.

Always parked on Ky side right across bridge and oddly enough if was more expensive to park in 91 for $15-$20 depending on game and was only $5 after the garage was built.

Used to be able to buy Montgomery Inn BBQ sandwiches for $5 until PBS was built and prices went way up and was no longer from Montgomery Inn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
$480 is a lot. I looked into going to the game in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Tickets are like $90 but then add fees. Parking would be like $40. Then, food.

I'm not going, but mainly because it's going to be freezing cold.
Reply/Quote
For me, since I'm driving from Canada, it breaks down as follows:

Decent Seats: $200.00 US, give or take, x2
Hotel: $175.00 US
Food: $120.00 US
Fuel: $200.00 US, approx.

For just the game:

Seats: $200.00 US x2
Food: $25.00 US (we don't eat a lot, nor are we picky Big Grin)

So yeah, $425.00 USD for a game sounds about right, would definitely be more with parking and the like.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $480 is a lot. I looked into going to the game in Pittsburgh tomorrow. Tickets are like $90 but then add fees. Parking would be like $40. Then, food.

I'm not going, but mainly because it's going to be freezing cold.

It's not far off then, it says for family of 4. $100 x 4 = $400 + 40 + food.
Reply/Quote