Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Duel
I finally gave in and started playing on Fan Duel. I lost the first 2 weeks and finally won some money this past weekend. It is a lot of fun and I think I've made some good lineups. My 2 losses were just a few points out of the money. I only submit one entry which could win $500,000 this week and a million some past weeks. You really need to pick the right players that are off the radar to win money. The good players are too expensive so I stick with some mediocre players hoping they have a good week. Like the commercial says, makes Sundays lots of fun.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Nope. I refuse to every play either Fanduel or Draftkings. They're commercials are just far too annoying.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree the commercials are bad. But, I love taking their money.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
LOL I play Draft Kings.
This past week was a good one for me as well. This will be my 5th week playing. So far I've doubled up in there. And like you, this week I'm going with a riskier lineup than I usually do.
I like to play the double ups with lots of people in them. Easy to turn in a solid lineup and get your money back. The bigger money contests aren't so easy, but they are fun if you sneak up into the rankings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the more you play, the more you sense how to build a winning lineup. Got to consider injuries, matchups, and of course get lucky.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I started playing DraftKings and won a few times but only $30 or so each time, so I'm about even.

Had Dalton, Eifert, AJ, and Hill this week, which AJ and Hill got me a combined 15, but Dalton and Eifert 50, so I guess I still have a chance at money.

Hoping my other players explode and I make some good money.

I'm under the strategy of not taking all the big names and just hoping small-name guys explode.
Reply/Quote
For some reason, Draftkings doesn't interest me. I don't want to get hooked on this fantasy football weekly for money. That's how gambling problems start.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 10:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: For some reason, Draftkings doesn't interest me. I don't want to get hooked on this fantasy football weekly for money. That's how gambling problems start.

What is the difference between Fan Duel and Draftkings?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't want to be obsessed by playing both. That is what I'm saying.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Would love to have some fanduel "Bengals Board" competitions.

Reply/Quote
I worked Randall Cobb into a few lineups. He's Eddie Fat Lacys backup rb today.
Reply/Quote
I also had a magical baseball lineup yesterday that would've killed everybody but for some reason when the games started my money was refunded and I had zero live entries. It was weird. I had all the right strings pulled. Its bs.
Reply/Quote
My lineup today:
QB - M. Ryan
RB -J. White
RB - L. Miller
WR - B. Cooks
WR - M. Crabtree
WR - D. Baldwin
TE - D. Walker
K - S. Gostkowski
D - B. Bills

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 01:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I also had a magical baseball lineup yesterday that would've killed everybody but for some reason when the games started my money was refunded and I had zero live entries. It was weird. I had all the right strings pulled. Its bs.

I thought I had a great line-up a few weeks ago when I was in Brookhaven, MS. The damn fanduel wouldn't accept my entry because it said it was illegal where I was. Rant  It's not illegal in Mississippi. Of course, I did not look at how I would have came out because I feared the results.

Reply/Quote
I don't bet on sports anymore. Kept losing money and realized it was a scam.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I play Draftkings but generally only like 5 dollar (or less) double ups and then only if they are limited on multiple entries, otherwise some guy puts his lineup in a zillion times and knocks you out. Occasionally play one dollar millionaire games but the odds are probably about like winning the lottery. It takes both a lot of research and a lot of luck to win consistently on there. I started with 20 bucks last year, have $25.13 now, it's really only for fun, kinda like hoping the Bengals win a playoff game! Mellow
Reply/Quote