Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan-Valuation #2 Linebacker
(05-04-2020, 04:41 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Given the strength of the other 2 (DLine and Secondary), it might not be the strongest, but I don't think it will be a "weak link." It's football, and all 3 of the guys we drafted play their positions at a very high level. I get that it's the NFL, and there's going to be an adjustment period. But we've been such trash in that position area for so long, I'm confident that we'll see some degree of immediate improvement. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the moves we made and expect some improvement (I mean our linebackers have been God awful so how can it get much worse), but I'm not expecting any kind of drastic improvement until probably 2021.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:32 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I wasn't really ranking them, but the first 5 look like a combo of #years in NFL an d then the draft order. 

I honestly wouldn't even try ranking all of the guys. Sometimes it's apples to oranges. They're different kinds of guys, and they'll be in different spots on the field. We'll see how it shakes out. I think our d is going to be wildly unpredictable for opposing offenses this year. So many different looks! I think we have to wonder what Von Bell's role is going to be with Davis-Gaither and Bailey playing the outside. Lots of options.

Bottom line, as you said, we got better.  

That is the most exciting thing. This group is pretty versatile.

Bynes is your classic MLB run stuffer, whether we are playing a 425, a base 43, a hybrid 3-4, or an actual 3-4, he is in the middle.

Wilson is good enough vs the run to backup Bynes at Mike, or pair with Pratt inside in nickel or 3/4 looks. And good enough in coverage to play outside, but big enough to even play SAM. Basically, he can play any LB spot off ball, though I think inside is preferred.

ADG can play all over the place. OLB or WILL. Safety? Slot? Edge? Smallish but I think can play WILL in a 3 backer set. Speed & cover skills also make him a good passing down guy, and a decent edge blitzer. 

Pratt will likely start next to Bynes in the 425. As more of the cover guy. Should pair well with Wilson in any look and ADG & Bailey as well.

Bailey seems a slightly smaller version of Wilson.

Not really a classic SAM guy in the bunch. Which is why I think Evans may hang on. 

We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 01:04 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is the most exciting thing. This group is pretty versatile.

Bynes is your classic MLB run stuffer, whether we are playing a 425, a base 43, a hybrid 3-4, or an actual 3-4, he is in the middle.

Wilson is good enough vs the run to backup Bynes at Mike, or pair with Pratt inside in nickel or 3/4 looks. And good enough in coverage to play outside, but big enough to even play SAM. Basically, he can play any LB spot off ball, though I think inside is preferred.

ADG can play all over the place. OLB or WILL. Safety? Slot? Edge? Smallish but I think can play WILL in a 3 backer set. Speed & cover skills also make him a good passing down guy, and a decent edge blitzer. 

Pratt will likely start next to Bynes in the 425. As more of the cover guy. Should pair well with Wilson in any look and ADG & Bailey as well.

Bailey seems a slightly smaller version of Wilson.

Not really a classic SAM guy in the bunch. Which is why I think Evans may hang on. 

We'll see.

I wonder if that's how they see Lawson? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 10:32 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I wasn't really ranking them, but the first 5 look like a combo of #years in NFL an d then the draft order. 

I honestly wouldn't even try ranking all of the guys. Sometimes it's apples to oranges. They're different kinds of guys, and they'll be in different spots on the field. We'll see how it shakes out. I think our d is going to be wildly unpredictable for opposing offenses this year. So many different looks! I think we have to wonder what Von Bell's role is going to be with Davis-Gaither and Bailey playing the outside. Lots of options.

Bottom line, as you said, we got better.  

Yes, hard to rank these guys with the injury questions with Bailey.

Thinking Von Bell has the versatility to play as a Nickel backer at times if we need him to. His strengths are stopping the run, tackling
and blitzing. ADG also fits this type of player as a Nickel backer at times. These are the new type of Linebackers for the way the NFL is going. I like the adaptation that Lou and company have tried to apply.
Reply/Quote