Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fanduel: Jake Browning not so bad.
(11-28-2023, 11:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Dude was horrible

Should’ve had 3-4 picks

Didn’t hit Yoshi wide open for the bomb

Holds the ball too long instead of giving a guy like Chase a shot at a 50/50.

Dude is just not consistent enough to be considered a good QB.

Yeah that dot to Chase deep was amazing but i didn’t really notice another great throw

Lots of folks just want to write Browning off as if he never played QB. He was a Heisman candidate his sophomore year, coming in 6th in voting. So he held the ball too long trying to make things happen... so does Burrow. He's not consistent enough for you.... in his 1st NFL game. Gimme a break. Maybe let the guy play more than one game before writing him off. That game was ugly on both sides, but without the Thanksgiving gift of 7 points the referees gave Shitsburgh when they picked up the holding flag against Pratt, we would have won that game. 

Quote:Browning HS career... 

At Folsom, Browning had a 4.0 GPA and set national and state high school records. In 46 games, he completed 1,191 of 1,708 attempts for 16,775 yards and 229 touchdowns, all California records. The 229 touchdowns also broke the national record held by Maty Mauk.[1] As a senior, he threw for a national-record 91 touchdown passes. He also passed for a California record of 5,790 yards, which broke his record from his junior year. Browning was the Gatorade Football Player of the Year during his junior and senior years.[2][3]

College career[[/url]edit]

Freshman[[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jake_Browning&action=edit§ion=3&editintro=Template:BLP_editintro]edit
]

In his first year at Washington, Browning became the second ever (in any game) true freshman to start at the quarterback position at UW (the other was Marques Tuiasosopo[6] vs. Oregon in 1997)[7] and the first true freshman to start a season opener for the Huskies. In his first career start, he completed 20 of 34 passes for 150 yards and one interception.[8][9]

Sophomore[edit]

In his sophomore year, Browning performed on a much higher level, guiding UW to a 12–2 record, and the Huskies' first conference championship since 2000.[10] He set a new record for touchdowns per attempt at 12.2%. On November 29, he was named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year and first-team all-Pac-12. Browning came in sixth in the 2016 Heisman Trophy voting, narrowly missing an invitation to attend the award ceremony in New York City.[11] His sixth-place finish is the second-best Heisman voting finish in school history, behind only Steve Emtman who finished fourth.

Browning underwent shoulder surgery on his throwing arm a couple of weeks after facing Alabama in the College Football Playoff. His injury was kept secret for nearly two months, and some commentators have speculated as to a connection between the injury and Browning's reduced performance in the later portion of the season.[12]

Junior[edit]

Browning started all 13 games of the 2017 season at quarterback, was named to the Academic All-Pac-12 second-team, was an honorable mention All-Pac-12, and broke the UW career touchdown passes record this year. Browning completed 230 of his attempted 336 throws, which was his highest throwing percentage. He threw for 19 touchdowns and had only 5 interceptions throughout the season. He threw for 2,719 yards as well.[13]

Senior[edit]
On September 29, Browning became the school's all-time passing leader in the team's game against BYU,[14] With the Pac-12 North Division title on the line, Browning led Washington against in-state rival and seventh-ranked Washington State on the road in the 111th Apple Cup. The Huskies won their second Pac-12 title in three years by defeating Utah in the 2018 Pac-12 Football Championship Game. The team was invited to the Rose Bowl, where they were defeated by Ohio State to end the year at 10–4, 7–2 in conference play. Browning finished the season 3,192 passing yards and a 16 touchdown passes.
I'd make it larger, but do not see how to change the font size....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Agree, the interception was terrible in the RZ. The 2 Chase immaculate receptions made Browning's day look so much better.

I bet Browning has a much better game on Monday Night against the Jags, but I highly doubt he puts up Burrow numbers or 
even regular QB numbers with his inaccuracy and no running game.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  
Lots of folks just want to write Browning off as if he never played QB. He was a Heisman candidate his sophomore year, coming in 6th in voting. So he held the ball too long trying to make things happen... so does Burrow. He's not consistent enough for you.... in his 1st NFL game. Gimme a break. Maybe let the guy play more than one game before writing him off. That game was ugly on both sides, but without the Thanksgiving gift of 7 points the referees gave Shitsburgh when they picked up the holding flag against Pratt, we would have won that game. 

I agree. I like the kid and want him to succeed. Not sure why it's so damn easy for some fans to always want to blow shit up and fire players and call them names so quickly. Now, if he played a season and didn't improve, I could see some reasoning. Dude was playing his heart out. Took a couple of hard hits, dusted off, got up, and went in the huddle. Kid could be a rockstar someday. As M.W. said, Coaches could help him out by inserting more run plays. But, as long as Pollack is coaching that line, they may not have that choice.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. I like the kid and want him to succeed. Not sure why it's so damn easy for some fans to always want to blow shit up and fire players and call them names so quickly. Now, if he played a season and didn't improve, I could see some reasoning. Dude was playing his heart out. Took a couple of hard hits, dusted off, got up, and went in the huddle. Kid could be a rockstar someday. As M.W. said, Coaches could help him out by inserting more run plays. But, as long as Pollack is coaching that line, they may not have that choice.

This is a well-reasoned and well-written analysis. I can’t imagine any quarterback succeeding behind this leaky line. With that said, Jake Browning needs to get rid of the ball much faster especially when playing against Myles Garrett.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. I like the kid and want him to succeed. Not sure why it's so damn easy for some fans to always want to blow shit up and fire players and call them names so quickly. Now, if he played a season and didn't improve, I could see some reasoning. Dude was playing his heart out. Took a couple of hard hits, dusted off, got up, and went in the huddle. Kid could be a rockstar someday. As M.W. said, Coaches could help him out by inserting more run plays. But, as long as Pollack is coaching that line, they may not have that choice.

Let's see what more Practice time and game experience does for Browning going forward. Things could start to click better for him.

At Jacksonville is his next test. He can make a lot of money for himself if he can become more proven with wins/solid play. 
Reply/Quote
Gotta be a bit fair to Jake. It's not as if he's gone against league average defenses. His two games have been against two of the best in the league and one was cold off the bench and both without Tee in the games. 
You have to be somewhat realistic. He's a backup QB, not a first overall pick and our defense did him no favors by any stretch of the imagination.  
I'm not suggesting he'll ever take Joes job from him, but he's come in cold with the team struggling even with Burrow.. 
IDK..Seems some of you expected him to catch lightning in a bottle and since he didn't he must be terrible. 
I had hoped he would, but my previous post about it were jokes at best. 
He was never in a great position to succeed to begin with and Zac hasn't helped the cause one bit.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Yep. And they throw a lot being behind.
Reply/Quote
Browning is just bad.Not an NFL Quarterback by any stretch of the imagination.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not to mention Chase saving him twice. Dude is terrible.

Jake has a ton of potential, and I’ve always said that. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
well he wont be putting up Joe burrow numbers any time soon but he'll be putting up better than joey B's numbers?! KURT WARNER ANYONE? WE CAN WIN A SUPERBOWL AND BE HAPPY WITH THIS GUY!

AND THEN NEXT YEAR WHEN HE LEAVES FOR A 30 MILLION DOLALR CONTRACT BURROW WINS THE SUPERBOWL TO PROVE HE CAN DO IT TOO!!! A STORY FOR THE AGES, COMON NFL!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jake has a ton of potential, and I’ve always said that. Ninja

One thing I’ve seen from him from the beginning was that he has always been pretty accurate. That go ball was a DOT. He didn’t really have many off target (if any) throws. 86% completion.

Chase dropped one, Boyd had one hit his hands. Those are caught he’s above 91% completion. This was a beaut of a game from him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  
I'd make it larger, but do not see how to change the font size....

Senior

On September 29, Browning became the school's all-time passing leader in the team's game against BYU,[14] With the Pac-12 North Division title on the line, Browning led Washington against in-state rival and seventh-ranked Washington State on the road in the 111th Apple Cup. The Huskies won their second Pac-12 title in three years by defeating Utah in the 2018 Pac-12 Football Championship Game. The team was invited to the Rose Bowl, where they were defeated by Ohio State to end the year at 10–4, 7–2 in conference play. Browning finished the season 3,192 passing yards and a 16 touchdown passes.
Reply/Quote
When you think about it Jake landed the best possible backup job in the league since Burrow went down. He's got 4 really good receivers all in contract years,  Chase, Higgins, Boyd as well as Irwin not to mention a few rookies looking to make names for themselves so they're all motivated to make him look good as well as themselves and as Joe's backup if he manages to get us to the playoffs and perhaps further his own next contract will be for big bucks. There will be a whole lot of teams wanting to throw money at him and if the real miracle happens and we win the super bowl with Jake there will be a million people screaming to trade Joe for a kings ransom in draft picks..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Looked like Jake Brady out there with those precision quick release throws tonight.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: GAkAmqsa4AECU26?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: When you think about it Jake landed the best possible backup job in the league since Burrow went down. He's got 4 really good receivers all in contract years,  Chase, Higgins, Boyd as well as Irwin not to mention a few rookies looking to make names for themselves so they're all motivated to make him look good as well as themselves and as Joe's backup if he manages to get us to the playoffs and perhaps further his own next contract will be for big bucks. There will be a whole lot of teams wanting to throw money at him and if the real miracle happens and we win the super bowl with Jake there will be a million people screaming to trade Joe for a kings ransom in draft picks..lol

Chase actually has 2 years after this season, he is simply extension eligible after this season.

But..... Jake has the 3 WRs you mentioned and all 4 TEs also in their contract year.  

Jake is an ERFA, we may very well get calls on him next season if continues to play well. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Looked like Jake Brady out there with those precision quick release throws tonight.

He was sharp. I didn't think we had a chance last night. Not because of Browning but because of our Defense. Although I will admit, I wasn't expecting that good of a performance from Browning.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He was sharp. I didn't think we had a chance last night. Not because of Browning but because of our Defense. Although I will admit, I wasn't expecting that good of a performance from Browning.

The defense still has some issues, but Jake looked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree, the interception was terrible in the RZ. The 2 Chase immaculate receptions made Browning's day look so much better.

I bet Browning has a much better game on Monday Night against the Jags, but I highly doubt he puts up Burrow numbers or 
even regular QB numbers with his inaccuracy and no running game.

OYE, this aged like milk in the hot sun.
Who would've thunk!!??
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 11:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Dude was horrible

Should’ve had 3-4 picks

Didn’t hit Yoshi wide open for the bomb

Holds the ball too long instead of giving a guy like Chase a shot at a 50/50.

Dude is just not consistent enough to be considered a good QB.

Yeah that dot to Chase deep was amazing but i didn’t really notice another great throw

Noticed a few good ones on Monday
-Housh
Reply/Quote