Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengalsboard.com Fanduel League. Open invitation
Well guys, there's an issue. Currently, we have 6 members and am sure we will get more the closer we get closer. However, on fanduel, your room has to be full "5 days" before the games begin on Sunday or it turns into a free week and all monies are refunded and the contest is open to the public for the remaining slots. So, that would mean each player would have to commit on Tuesday (after the Monday night game). Wednesday it becomes public. I really dislike this. Here's a conversation I had with Melinda at fanduel:

Quote:Melinda: There is no way around the contest defaulting to free if not filled.
Michael:If I set to 3 , will it accept more than 3?
Melinda: It will let up to 20 join the league but only 3 can join the contest.
Michael: Well crap. So players cannot join last minute then? They have to commit 5 days in advance?
Melinda: For the week 1 they will need to commit when you plan to create the contest
Melinda: After that, the contest will create on Wednesday so in order for you to change the contest size week-to-week you'll need confirmation by Tuesday?

Melinda: No, unfortunately there isn't.
Michael: Doesn't seem friend "friendly."
Melinda: We can't edit any contests once they are created whether we create them or you do.
Melinda: This is part of our terms.
Michael:Understood. However, you should create a open contest in friends mode so that friends can join last minute. We all know how football parties go. And also in today's work-life balance, there's not a lot of time when you can commit 5 days in advance in much of anything? Little less fantasy football! It would help out.
Michael: would league mode resolve this?
Melinda: No, there wouldn't be around it at all.
Michael: Melinda, your not helping me out here. I really want to make this work.
Melinda: I understand but unfortunately there isn't a work around here.
Melinda: This is part of our terms and can't be changed.
Melinda: We cannot alter a contest once it is created.
Michael: Well, I guess terms are everything. Hopefully the terms can be changed in the future, I guess I will have to look at yahoo or draft kings to see if they are able to fill our need. No disrespect intended. However, I just don't see how this will work? I myself don't join contests until Sunday morning most of the time. That's about the only time I have time. Asking people to commit 5 days out is a stretch by any means.
Melinda: I definitely understand but that is the only option.
Michael:There's got to be a way. So thanks anyway for answering my questions.
Melinda: You're welcome, have a good one!

So I think in order to compete with this, we would have to commit for the year. What's your thoughts? Trash the league? Go the season? Play it anyway and if we don't fill it so what? Or find another venue?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To add, the issue is I have to commit a contest size. If I set it at 5, nobody else can join till the following week. If I set it at 10, if not filled by Wednesday, all money is refunded and it becomes open to the public for the remaining slots as a free play.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 07:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well guys, there's an issue. Currently, we have 6 members and am sure we will get more the closer we get closer. However, on fanduel, your room has to be full "5 days" before the games begin on Sunday or it turns into a free week and all monies are refunded and the contest is open to the public for the remaining slots. So, that would mean each player would have to commit on Tuesday (after the Monday night game). Wednesday it becomes public. I really dislike this. Here's a conversation I had with Melinda at fanduel:

So I think in order to compete with this, we would have to commit for the year. What's your thoughts? Trash the league? Go the season? Play it anyway and if we don't fill it so what? Or find another venue?

It's the headache i ran into last year. Had several commit early in the season, but week to week i had to keep reminding people to get their picks in early in the week...but it still lead to several "free" weeks when someone forgot or just couldn't do it. It's stupid, but it's the nature of the beast. 

After a couple weeks i just went "if it's not filled, so what".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 07:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To add, the issue is I have to commit a contest size. If I set it at 5, nobody else can join till the following week. If I set it at 10, if not filled by Wednesday, all money is refunded and it becomes open to the public for the remaining slots as a free play.

You can adjust the size week by week, after the first week. But it's still work for you finding out who is going to play that week. 

It will probably take a couple weeks to see who is consistent and who is late, but you can always try setting the number a person or two short (not sure how many you have had commit). So if you have 8 people committed, you set the number at 6 or 7 and it's first come, first serve. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 07:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's a question for those interested. I am setting up the league now and we have an opportunity to go week to week, or do like a fantasy season where the payout would be at the end. What do you prefer?

I prefer week to week. A season long requires a bigger commitment. Week to week, i can message you and let you know if i'm not going to be able to be in for that week for any reason and allow you to adjust the size of the league for that week so it still pays out. 

Reply/Quote
Alright, I'm all set. Got my week one lineup set, and ready to kick some fellow Bengal fan's tails!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nobody was discouraged. Therefore, we shall "Go for IT"!

Reply/Quote
I have to set the limit tomorrow. So if your in get in and I will adjust tomorrow at 7pm.

Reply/Quote
Well shit! I had to set the limit on Tuesday, and with taking an extra day off for the holiday, I didnt realize yesterday was Tuesday. Sorry guys. This week will end up as a free week I'm sure. HEY! I said I was sorry! Put away the euthanization needles. Damn, your a tough crowd!

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well shit! I had to set the limit on Tuesday, and with taking an extra day off for the holiday, I didnt realize yesterday was Tuesday. Sorry guys. This week will end up as a free week I'm sure. HEY! I said I was sorry! Put away the euthanization needles. Damn, your a tough crowd!

Well I am in, if for whatever reason it is free, I will just import my lineup into another that costs money...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 02:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well I am in, if for whatever reason it is free, I will just import my lineup into another that costs money...

great thinking

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 06:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well shit! I had to set the limit on Tuesday, and with taking an extra day off for the holiday, I didnt realize yesterday was Tuesday. Sorry guys. This week will end up as a free week I'm sure. HEY! I said I was sorry! Put away the euthanization needles. Damn, your a tough crowd!

Everyone just needs to realize that you can set your lineup on monday or early tuesday, to give you time to lock the players in, then you can edit the lineup anytime during the week leading up to the game. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 12:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Everyone just needs to realize that you can set your lineup on monday or early tuesday, to give you time to lock the players in, then you can edit the lineup anytime during the week leading up to the game. 

I will need to limit it to sunday games only to give people 2 days to get it done. If I don't, I dont think you can set until the Monday night game is over. Which leaves only Tuesday. However, I could be wrong.

Reply/Quote
Well, lucky for everyone that it didn't work this week. :-)
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 07:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well, lucky for everyone that it didn't work this week. :-)

Yes, I see.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 07:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, I see.

I'm sitting in 2nd needing 14 points from Diggs and Fleener to win $0. Doh.
Reply/Quote
Since we had 8 contestants this week, I will set to 8. Then I will lock it down to the amount of entries tomorrow around 7-8pm. If it fills and you want to still get in send me a PM and I will add another slot or two. Sorry I fugged this week up guys - It's a learning experience.

Reply/Quote
Heres the new link. Must enter today and then adjust roster by Sunday. Hopefully I got it right this time. The other league seemingly is locked as a tournament/FREE league. Between 7-8pm tonight - I will lock the players and nobody will be able to get in after in order to keep the contest from going to FREE again. I have set the contest for Sunday games only in order to make it easier for contestants to join on Monday. If it fills up before you are able to enter. Send me a pm and I will attempt to reopen it. I have the contestants set at 8 players.

https://www.fanduel.com/leagues/215959/invites/39777f589bae893e066ed0656e4c52c68421a31a?invitedby=harleydog67&cnl=la

Reply/Quote
I'm in.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll be happy to take everyone's money...this time.
Reply/Quote