Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengalsboard.com Fanduel League. Open invitation
(09-11-2017, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Since we had 8 contestants this week, I will set to 8. Then I will lock it down to the amount of entries tomorrow around 7-8pm. If it fills and you want to still get in send me a PM and I will add another slot or two. Sorry I fugged this week up guys - It's a learning experience.

[Image: Youre-Fired.jpeg]

KIDDING!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:42 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Heres the new link. Must enter today and then adjust roster by Sunday. Hopefully I got it right this time. The other league seemingly is locked as a tournament/FREE league. Between 7-8pm tonight - I will lock the players and nobody will be able to get in after in order to keep the contest from going to FREE again. I have set the contest for Sunday games only in order to make it easier for contestants to join on Monday. If it fills up before you are able to enter. Send me a pm and I will attempt to reopen it. I have the contestants set at 8 players.

https://www.fanduel.com/leagues/215959/invites/39777f589bae893e066ed0656e4c52c68421a31a?invitedby=harleydog67&cnl=la

Actually, i don't think they have to enter before you set the number. You set the number, then it's up to everyone to get in before the games start in order for it to pay out. 

Then, if more people join, you just adjust the number the next week to accommodate them.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, i don't think they have to enter before you set the number. You set the number, then it's up to everyone to get in before the games start in order for it to pay out. 

Then, if more people join, you just adjust the number the next week to accommodate them.

Are you sure? I've already been fired by Trump. I don't want to fudge this up. I will be swinging from a rope if I do. Heres the transcript from the conversation with the rep at Fanduel:

Melinda: There is no way around the contest defaulting to free if not filled.

Michael:If I set to 3 , will it accept more than 3?
Melinda: It will let up to 20 join the league but only 3 can join the contest.
Michael: Well crap. So players cannot join last minute then? They have to commit 5 days in advance?
Melinda: For the week 1 they will need to commit when you plan to create the contest
Melinda: After that, the contest will create on Wednesday so in order for you to change the contest size week-to-week you'll need confirmation by Tuesday?

Melinda: No, unfortunately there isn't.
Michael: Doesn't seem friend "friendly."
Melinda: We can't edit any contests once they are created whether we create them or you do.
Melinda: This is part of our terms.
Michael:Understood. However, you should create a open contest in friends mode so that friends can join last minute. We all know how football parties go. And also in today's work-life balance, there's not a lot of time when you can commit 5 days in advance in much of anything? Little less fantasy football! It would help out.
Michael: would league mode resolve this?
Melinda: No, there wouldn't be around it at all.
Michael: Melinda, your not helping me out here. I really want to make this work.
Melinda: I understand but unfortunately there isn't a work around here.
Melinda: This is part of our terms and can't be changed.
Melinda: We cannot alter a contest once it is created.
Michael: Well, I guess terms are everything. Hopefully the terms can be changed in the future, I guess I will have to look at yahoo or draft kings to see if they are able to fill our need. No disrespect intended. However, I just don't see how this will work? I myself don't join contests until Sunday morning most of the time. That's about the only time I have time. Asking people to commit 5 days out is a stretch by any means.
Melinda: I definitely understand but that is the only option.
Michael:There's got to be a way. So thanks anyway for answering my questions.
Melinda: You're welcome, have a good one!

Reply/Quote
Whatever happened, I got a message saying that the league status had been canceled. Hope it gets ironed out. I will be happy to re-enter my lineup when it does.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whatever happened, I got a message saying that the league status had been canceled.  Hope it gets ironed out.  I will be happy to re-enter my lineup when it does.

That was the old league. I had to create a new one because the other locked as a free one when I visited the page today.

Also, do to the hurricane, customer support is temporarily unavailable. Actual company is out of NY. Customer service is out of FL.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That was the old league. I had to create a new one because the other locked as a free one when I visited the page today.

Also, do to the hurricane, customer support is temporarily unavailable. Actual company is out of NY. Customer service is out of FL.

No worries.  Just let me know, I'll be right back in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No worries.  Just let me know, I'll be right back in.

Shows your already in. As a matter of fact shows 8 of 8 are in. Therefore, if anyone wants in real quick, let me know and I will adjust the settings.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are you sure? I've already been fired by Trump. I don't want to fudge this up. I will be swinging from a rope if I do. Heres the transcript from the conversation with the rep at Fanduel:

Melinda: There is no way around the contest defaulting to free if not filled.

Michael:If I set to 3 , will it accept more than 3?
Melinda: It will let up to 20 join the league but only 3 can join the contest.
Michael: Well crap. So players cannot join last minute then? They have to commit 5 days in advance?
Melinda: For the week 1 they will need to commit when you plan to create the contest
Melinda: After that, the contest will create on Wednesday so in order for you to change the contest size week-to-week you'll need confirmation by Tuesday?

Melinda: No, unfortunately there isn't.
Michael: Doesn't seem friend "friendly."
Melinda: We can't edit any contests once they are created whether we create them or you do.
Melinda: This is part of our terms.
Michael:Understood. However, you should create a open contest in friends mode so that friends can join last minute. We all know how football parties go. And also in today's work-life balance, there's not a lot of time when you can commit 5 days in advance in much of anything? Little less fantasy football! It would help out.
Michael: would league mode resolve this?
Melinda: No, there wouldn't be around it at all.
Michael: Melinda, your not helping me out here. I really want to make this work.
Melinda: I understand but unfortunately there isn't a work around here.
Melinda: This is part of our terms and can't be changed.
Melinda: We cannot alter a contest once it is created.
Michael: Well, I guess terms are everything. Hopefully the terms can be changed in the future, I guess I will have to look at yahoo or draft kings to see if they are able to fill our need. No disrespect intended. However, I just don't see how this will work? I myself don't join contests until Sunday morning most of the time. That's about the only time I have time. Asking people to commit 5 days out is a stretch by any means.
Melinda: I definitely understand but that is the only option.
Michael:There's got to be a way. So thanks anyway for answering my questions.
Melinda: You're welcome, have a good one!

It's all good. She is saying that you can do up to 20 people per league. But if you set the weekly number at 3 and it locks in tuedsay night, that's all you get for that week. You can adjust the number each week. But once you set the number, all slots have to be filled or it's a free play for that week. 

So you can keep the number at 8 for now since that's all that's in the league, and as soon as more join, you can adjust the number at the beginning of each week. 

Everyone just needs to make sure they set a lineup each week so that all the slots are filled. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whatever happened, I got a message saying that the league status had been canceled.  Hope it gets ironed out.  I will be happy to re-enter my lineup when it does.

You are locked in for this week.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shows your already in. As a matter of fact shows 8 of 8 are in. Therefore, if anyone wants in real quick, let me know and I will adjust the settings.

I was just getting ready to say ^that about Sunset, but you're right, he's already in for this week.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shows your already in. As a matter of fact shows 8 of 8 are in. Therefore, if anyone wants in real quick, let me know and I will adjust the settings.

(09-12-2017, 09:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was just getting ready to say ^that about Sunset, but you're right, he's already in for this week.

Thanks guys, I entered my lineup at about 7 am. then got a message from fanduel that league had been canceled, later this afternoon.  Glad that it was all just a "blip".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's all good. She is saying that you can do up to 20 people per league. But if you set the weekly number at 3 and it locks in tuedsay night, that's all you get for that week. You can adjust the number each week. But once you set the number, all slots have to be filled or it's a free play for that week. 

So you can keep the number at 8 for now since that's all that's in the league, and as soon as more join, you can adjust the number at the beginning of each week. 

Everyone just needs to make sure they set a lineup each week so that all the slots are filled. 

Your probably right. The way she came across would be idiotic.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 09:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your probably right. The way she came across would be idiotic.

Yeah. She was explaining it as thought you already understood it as well as she did. 

Reply/Quote
Just the 8 of us? Cmon now, its only $2 per week.
Reply/Quote
I will be in next week. Signed up for Fan Duel just for this (normally use draft kings). Need to get some moneys in there. Good luck all! Recruit some people, people!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 09:32 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'd be happy to take everyone's money.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Man, I sucked it up this week horribly.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, I sucked it up this week horribly.

It's all good since 6andcounting didn't win using every steeler possible.
Reply/Quote
I believe Faulk was right. Currently we have 4 of 8 slots taken and you can enter anytime up until Sunday. I just had to have the size set by the Tuesday deadline. With this sight going down tomorrow, I will take this opportunity to remind the rest of you now to get entered.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for my lunch money this week sirs!
Reply/Quote