Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fani Willis and lover implode on the witness stand
(02-16-2024, 07:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It would be untouchable if it wasn't as high profile a case as could possibly exist.  With it being exactly that it's exponentially worse.

You mean other than what's been testified to in court?  You have been watching, yes?  if not then your question would make some sense.

How about this, then?  The case is cooked.

Yeah, I get you're having a hard time.  I would have hoped you'd availed yourself of the detailed explanations as to why that people have spent the time providing.  I'll really simplify things for you.  Say a LEO or DA is found to be guilty of malfeasance in a single case.  Every single case that person ever touched is now subject to appeal, and will likely be thrown out.  why?  Because a key person in the case has been proven to be corrupt and unreliable.  I'm honestly a little shocked I have to spell this out so simply.  If you are found to be corrupt in one instance everything you have ever touched is no irrevocably tainted.  You are damaged goods.  Trump literally could not have been handed a bigger gift, as this was the only indictment against him with any real teeth.  Willis effed you over, your ire should be directed at her.

I like to think I live in a world where two wrongs don’t make a right.

I’ll ask again. Were there laws broken during the investigation? Were the defendants rights violated?

Yes I could see if a corrupt cop or DA got busted planting evidence or something of that nature where actual casework is impacted. All their other cases would deserve scrutiny. But to say a criminal gets off the hook because the cop who caught him breaking the law was cheating on his wife? I’ve never heard of that.

So if your girlfriend was a detective and hired you to do a security detail. And you arrested somebody trying to destroy evidence at a crime scene. They should automatically get off the hook because your girlfriend hired you?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I feel like this is a continuing trend we are seeing in general in society. With cameras always pointed at everyone and the "news" being an immediately available global thing, there has been a disregard for decorum and professionalism in many areas of life. Whether it be the very low level wearing of blue jeans and polo shirts in an accounting office, Trump as POTUS, or the wide spectrum in between, society just doesn't hold the same degree of decorum as it once did. People in positions that once shied away from making themselves the story now seek the limelight and it is unfortunate.

First off, I'm sorry I've had your name in my mouth of late.  Feel free to correct as needed.  Secondly, you could not be more correct.  If one of my officers displayed a fraction of the degree of unhinged unprofessionalism as Willis did I'd rake their ass over the coals.  As embarrassing and revolting a display as I have ever seen, from the goddamned DA too.  I think I'm on board with you now, I think we've passed the tipping point.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like to think I live in a world where two wrongs don’t make a right.

Missing the point!

Quote:I’ll ask again. Were there laws broken during the investigation? Were the defendants rights violated?

Missing the point!

Quote:Yes I could see if a corrupt cop or DA got busted planting evidence or something of that nature where actual casework is impacted. All their other cases would deserve scrutiny. But to say a criminal gets off the hook because the cop who caught him breaking the law was cheating on his wife? I’ve never heard of that.

It's not the cheating, although that's bad.  It's the LYING!  In these positions you are your integrity, without it you are nothing, less than nothing.

Quote:So if your girlfriend was a detective and hired you to do a security detail. And you arrested somebody trying to destroy evidence at a crime scene. They should automatically get off the hook because your girlfriend hired you?

Here's how to make your analogy work.  My "girlfriend" is a prosecutor.  She hires me to investigate a case (DA investigators are a thing and a common retirement job for LEO's) that I am unqualified to investigate.  Prior to doing so she is banging me on the regular.  I am taking her on expensive trips with money I would not otherwise have, but she is repaying me in cash, because that's how she rolls.  We are both working on an extremely high profile prosecution with enormous ramifications.  When confronted about our relationship we lie about it.  If this happens we're both fired and the case is finished.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like to think I live in a world where two wrongs don’t make a right.

I’ll ask again. Were there laws broken during the investigation? Were the defendants rights violated?

Yes I could see if a corrupt cop or DA got busted planting evidence or something of that nature where actual casework is impacted. All their other cases would deserve scrutiny. But to say a criminal gets off the hook because the cop who caught him breaking the law was cheating on his wife? I’ve never heard of that.

So if your girlfriend was a detective and hired you to do a security detail. And you arrested somebody trying to destroy evidence at a crime scene. They should automatically get off the hook because your girlfriend hired you?

Seems pretty obvious that you really just don't get it.  That is sad, because if you found yourself under judgement for being accused of wrong doing, would you trust someone who has been shown to be dishonest in their personal life?  If they have been shown to be unscrupulous in their personal affairs, how can they be trusted in their professional life/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Missing the point!

Missing the point!

It's not the cheating, although that's bad.  It's the LYING!  In these positions you are your integrity, without it you are nothing, less than nothing.

Here's how to make your analogy work.  My "girlfriend" is a prosecutor.  She hires me to investigate a case (DA investigators are a thing and a common retirement job for LEO's) that I am unqualified to investigate.  Prior to doing so she is banging me on the regular.  I am taking her on expensive trips with money I would not otherwise have, but she is repaying me in cash, because that's how she rolls.  We are both working on an extremely high profile prosecution with enormous ramifications.  When confronted about our relationship we lie about it.  If this happens we're both fired and the case is finished.

I’m assuming there are charges? There is a trial. And it is proven someone lied?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m assuming there are charges? There is a trial. And it is proven someone lied?

The trial is to disqualify her.  She already admitted to the said bad behavior.  Now, she and the guy are attempting to lie and say that it happened on a different timeline.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems pretty obvious that you really just don't get it.  That is sad, because if you found yourself under judgement for being accused of wrong doing, would you trust someone who has been shown to be dishonest in their personal life?  If they have been shown to be unscrupulous in their personal affairs, how can they be trusted in their professional life/

If I was in court. Charged with interfering in the American presidential election process. I would bet my life the DA having a relationship with one of their coworkers on their free time is not going to get me off the hook.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m assuming there are charges? There is a trial. And it is proven someone lied?

This isn't a criminal trial, the burden of proof is substantially lower here.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If I was in court. Charged with interfering in the American presidential election process. I would bet my life the DA having a relationship with one of their coworkers on their free time is not going to get me off the hook.

Congrats on being a dead person.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If I was in court. Charged with interfering in the American presidential election process. I would bet my life the DA having a relationship with one of their coworkers on their free time is not going to get me off the hook.

Ah, that is your disconnect.  You see Fanni Willis as just another person, like yourself.  Now I understand why you don't get it.  Thank you for sharing that with me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The trial is to disqualify her.  She already admitted to the said bad behavior.  Now, she and the guy are attempting to lie and say that it happened on a different timeline.

I thought there was a hearing. And that there is a difference between a hearing and a trial.

If they want to have a trial. Then she needs to be charged with something
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m assuming there are charges? There is a trial. And it is proven someone lied?

What you seem unable to understand is that it doesn't matter is Willis has done anything illegal or not. Her behavior in this manner, even if not illegal, could be seen a violation of professional standards and potentially result in disbarment if they really wanted to go after her. This is why you can't open yourself up to things like this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 07:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought there was a hearing. And that there is a difference between a hearing and a trial.

If they want to have a trial. Then she needs to be charged with something

While not a "criminal" trial, it is indeed a trial of "professional fitness".  No laws need to be broken when a code of ethics and conduct standards have been admittedly breeched.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: She admitted to the affair, and now witnesses are contradicting her and the guy's testimony.  Neither of you seem to get it, she holds the highest law enforcement office in the State of Georgia.  Law enforcement are held to the highest of not only criminal, but also ethical standards.  If they are sketchy in their personal life decisions, every case that they ever touch could possibly be called into question because of their perceived untruthfulness.

The accusation isn't the affair in and of itself.  The accusations of impropriety are that she hired her boyfriend and that she personally benefitted financially by his "gifts" to her.  They are claiming gifts of meals and such.  Both Wade and Willis testified the affair did not start until after he was hired and that she paid her own way.  Nothing the defense attorneys have produced contradicted that information

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 08:11 PM)pally Wrote: The accusation isn't the affair in and of itself.  The accusations of impropriety are that she hired her boyfriend and that she personally benefitted financially by his "gifts" to her.  They are claiming gifts of meals and such.  Both Wade and Willis testified the affair did not start until after he was hired and that she paid her own way.  Nothing the defense attorneys have produced contradicted that information

You keep dreaming that no wrong happened here, off of whatever source is telling you that.  I am an independent thinker, I understand the level of conduct a State's Attorney is supposed to uphold.  She's going down, and likely the case versus Trump, and potentially many, if not every case she's ever taken part in gaining a conviction on the State's behalf.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m having a hard time finding any examples of past cases where charges got dropped because the DA had an affair with the prosecutor.

So I’ll ask for proof of harm. In what way did a Fani and Wade relationship undermine the fairness of these legal proceedings?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 08:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m having a hard time finding any examples of past cases where charges got dropped because the DA had an affair with the prosecutor.

So I’ll ask for proof of harm. In what way did a Fani and Wade relationship undermine the fairness of these legal proceedings?

By hiding the affair, it shows a serious character flaw and lapse of judgement.  When you are the person in charge of putting people's freedom at risk, those are serious character flaws.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 08:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m having a hard time finding any examples of past cases where charges got dropped because the DA had an affair with the prosecutor.

Dude, THEY LIED.  If you're a prosecutor and you get caught lying you are done.  I've done my job for close to 25 years (which is startling to think about), I've only ever been accused of flat out lying once, and it was easily disproven because I document everything.  If I'd ever been found to be lying my career would be dust and you'd best believe every defense counsel for a case I was involved in would be sharpening their knives with a miles wide grin on their faces.

Reply/Quote
I haven’t watched. I thought they both admitted to a relationship. What did they lie about and hide?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 08:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I haven’t watched. I thought they both admitted to a relationship. What did they lie about and hide?

C'mon man.  You've been arguing tooth and nail in this thread and haven't even informed yourself on the issue?  You should have more respect for our time than that, sincerely.

Reply/Quote