Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans Speack Challenge as well...Check it out!
I did the Fan speak Challenge that dude was talking about in the other mock thread. Only change i made was i did it on Difficult. What yall think...
R1 Pick11-Rashan Gary DE Michigan-Beast and future number 1 on the outside. hell for offensive lineman and QB's.
R2 Pick10-Mack Wilson LB Alabama-Imo second best linebacker coming out...landing him here was heaven.
R3 Pick8- Michael Deiter OG Wisconsin-you can never have too many Wisconsin offensive Lineman. Immediately improves our O-line.
R4 Pick8- Te'von Coney LB Notre Dame-No more vigil most importantly and a young stud who will provide speed and pop.
R5 Pick11-Trace Mcsorley QB Penn State-I see alot of russell wilson in this kid. Strong arm, high iq, accurate stocky and is an RPO stud.
R6 Pick10-Khalil Hodge LB Buffalo-Provides depth at a position of desperate need and will push preston to play up to his buffalo days.
R6 Pick25-Dontavius Russell DT Auburn-4 year starter at auburn, great size and heard alot of comparisons to Dalvin tomlinson. draft him.
R6 Pick37-Iman Marshall CB USC-All the potential in the world with great size and gooood technique. i think he can be our 4th.
R6 Pick38-Andre James OT UCLA- Solid back up immediately and solves the jake fisher and ogbuehi problem. quick feet and STRONG.
R6 Pick40-Jordan Scarlett RB Florida-maturity issues play a part with this kid but has the physical gifts to be a starter in the league.
R7 pick9- Terry Godwin WR Georgia- Had a solid career at Georgia. I think here he is a steal and battles for a roster spot.

attachment has my picks from fan speak for verification....let me know what yall think
Reply/Quote
I used the criteria you presented and here is what I got...….

11: R1P11

OT JAWAAN TAYLOR 6'5" 312
FLORIDA

[Image: usatsi_9664705.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Meet your starting RT for the next 10 years. Taylor has shown Willie Anderson dominance with more athleticism. When you watch Taylor on film you see a guy that on occasion will use poor technique but while using poor technique still stonewalls the defender. Taylor gets the second level with fluidity and identifies next target.

42: R2P10
G CHRIS LINDSTROM 6'4" 308
BOSTON COLLEGE

[Image: boston-college-purdue-football-west-lafa...9663bm.jpg]
Day 1 starter at RT. To find flaws in the game of Lindstrom requires absolute nitpicking. He is just solid in all aspects of the game. Physical, athletic, with a great football IQ. Anchors at the line of scrimmage and can get out in space and make multiple blocks. The right side of our line is instantly a strength with Taylor and Lindstrom.

72: R3P8
LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 6'1" 230
FLORIDA

[Image: USATSI_11390522-2-718x490.jpg]
Outstanding athlete. Speed and fluidity to cover TEs and backs. With that said Joseph has a lot of negative film he also has a lot of outstanding film. He needs to take NFL coaching and apply it to his game. Seems to be a great fit for NFL WLB. If Joseph can take the coaching and live up to a portion of his potential then he could be a high caliber NFL linebacker.

110: R4P8
TE JOSH OLIVER 6'5" 249
SAN JOSE ST.

[Image: 502026974.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1986] 
Great physical traits for the position. Very good hands and a polished route runner. Not a great blocker but a willing blocker that should benefit from NFL coaching in that area. IF he improves in this area (no reason he shouldn't) then easily is an every down TE. As a receiver he should see immediate playing time. At the collegiate level he got use to playing against coverages that were geared toward him.

149: R5P11
WR MILES BOYKIN 6'4" 220
NOTRE DAME

[Image: D5S_0987.JPG]
If he is here at this point then absolutely worth gamble for his freakish size, speed, length combination. Wildly inconsistent but when he flashes he flashes huge. Must learn to use his body to his advantage and to fight off press coverage. Really would like to see what Taylor and Callahan could do with the potential of this young man.

183: R6P10
DL DONTAVIUS RUSSELL 6'3" 319
AUBURN

[Image: 504473_Dontavius-Russell-Todd-Van-Emst-A...wafryf.jpg]
Great addition to our D line rotation. Needs to lower his pad level but welcome addition as a run stuffing block eater. Productive player for a big time program. Should fit well for us and see immediate playing time.

198: R6P25
OT PAUL ADAMS 6'6" 317
MISSOURI

[Image: 5b8b0723e1fcc.image.jpg?resize=500%2C658]
Adams consistently handled all the rushers that the SEC threw at him. Really want to see him get stronger at the point of attack. Played RT at the collegiate level but has shown the athleticism and feet to possibly transition to LT as a ceiling. Even if he does not become a starter then you have a guy that could be your swing tackle and possibly inside as a swing OG as well.

210: R6P37
LB JOE GILES-HARRIS 6'2" 234
DUKE

[Image: 875995378.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560]
I really like the value of this selection here. In Giles-Harris you get a more athletic Vinny Rey. I would not be shocked to see Giles-Harris as a starter at any of three LB positions but envision future starting MLB that is not a liability in coverage. Giles-Harris is the polar opposite of Joseph...while not having all the outstanding God given talent he makes up for it by being a tireless worker with great instincts and preparation.

211: R6P38
WR ANTOINE WESLEY 6'4" 206
TEXAS TECH

[Image: 1537056298-Houston-Texas-Tech-Football.j...C576&ssl=1]
Not a burner but polished route runner who understands how to get separation. Great size and length. Huge catch radius and elite ball skills. I look for Wesley to push someone off of this roster and see immediate time on the field on offensive snaps.

213: R6P40
RB TRAVIS HOMER 5'10" 201
MIAMI (FLA.)

[Image: fl-sp-um-football-travis-homer-20170905]

Ironically he replaced Mark Walton at Miami and will now replace him here after his offseason struggles. Homer is just a solid all around back. Where he stands out is his already advanced pass protection. His strength is running to the edge but has shown effectiveness between the tackles as well. Good speed in the open field and reliable hands as a receiver. Should be a great fit in the rotation to spell Mixon and Bernard.

223: R7P9
CB JORDAN MILLER 6'1" 186
WASHINGTON

[Image: ncaa-football-university-of-utah-vs-univ...0573am.jpg]

Miller has the size and length you want at the position and has shown ability as a press corner. What he will have to do at the NFL level is add some strength and be more physical. Has the cover and ball skills to be an outstanding NFL corner if he can add the physical side to his game. He is a willing tackler that needs to learn to finish as a tackler. Excellent value at this point in the draft.
Reply/Quote
by only selecting the 4.8 40 yard dasher in vosean not only does that mewe didnt add any much needed speed to our defense at the position but that also means Vigil sees the field on the regular which is disgusting man. I like the olineman picks and boykin along with the TE and loooove the russell pick at dtackle but with the glaring need at Linebacker i cant say id be thrilled with it. Ill take conley and milson all day over any other two draft picks this year bottom line. Vigil not only wouldnt start on any other team he wouldnt probably even be their first guy off the bench. I need two possible starters at LB early for me personally to be on board. Thanks for posting your mock on my thread tho lol
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 03:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: by only selecting the 4.8 40 yard dasher in vosean not only does that mewe didnt add any much needed speed to our defense at the position but that also means Vigil sees the field on the regular which is disgusting man.  I like the olineman picks and boykin along with the TE and loooove the russell pick at dtackle but with the glaring need at Linebacker i cant say id be thrilled with it.  Ill take conley and milson all day over any other two draft picks this year bottom line.  Vigil not only wouldnt start on any other team he wouldnt probably even be their first guy off the bench.  I need two possible starters at LB early for me personally to be on board.  Thanks for posting your mock on my thread tho lol

You seem to be big on the 40 times for LBs so let me throw some things out there for you.....

Malik Jefferson 4.52 combine 40
Chris Worley 4.85 combine 40
Jordan Evans 4.5 pro day 40
Brandon Bell 4.68 pro day 40
Hardy Nickerson Jr 4.78 combine 40
Nick Vigil 4.72 combine 40

Your boy Mack Wilson did not run the 40 at the combine but ran a 4.7 and 4.65 at his pro day. Your other boy Coney did not run at the combine but at his pro day ran a 4.72.

I would like to see the youth and athleticism we have at LB under better coaching. Not saying any LBs should not be drafted as my mock shows but certainly not greatest need.

Suring up our offensive line is top need no doubt!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 05:06 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You seem to be big on the 40 times for LBs so let me throw some things out there for you.....

Malik Jefferson 4.52 combine 40
Chris Worley 4.85 combine 40
Jordan Evans 4.5 pro day 40
Brandon Bell 4.68 pro day 40
Hardy Nickerson Jr 4.78 combine 40
Nick Vigil 4.72 combine 40

Your boy Mack Wilson did not run the 40 at the combine but ran a 4.7 and 4.65 at his pro day. Your other boy Coney did not run at the combine but at his pro day ran a 4.72.

I would like to see the youth and athleticism we have at LB under better coaching. Not saying any LBs should not be drafted as my mock shows but certainly not greatest need.

Suring up our offensive line is top need no doubt!
The difference between a 4.72 and a 4.86 is massive on the field and i dont know a single starting linebacker in this league thats worth a damn that runs a 4.8 plus. but maybe im wrong... most importantly tho none of those linebackers u mentioned on our roster are worth talking about and have done literally nothing, NOTHING for this team other than fill a roster spot to this point.  and preston brown really isnt anything to write home about especially since hes come here.  We have to STRONGLY agree to disagree on what our biggest need is on our team cuz i see a former top 5 tackle in the league at our LT spot in glenn who i expect to play strong this year, at top 10 LG in Clint boling and a first round rookie stand out in Billy price at center.  I dont hate the miller signing however bobby hart worries me.  Now oline is an area of need but you will not convince me in any way that it is a bigger need than linebacker.  sorry.  
Reply/Quote
The Oline has been the problem with this team the past few years. The D just played so bad last year it took some of the heat off the Oline, but the Oline is and has been the problem. The LBers are a joke but we have to fix this line. I'm fine with OL in the first LB 2nd or vise versa but of course it depends on who's on the board. I do think the LB class is weaker so if White is there at 11 we have to take him.
Reply/Quote
So all this mean that sneaky Mike Brown will fool everyone with his infinite football wisdom and select a CB or WR in round one.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 01:38 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The Oline has been the problem with this team the past few years. The D just played so bad last year it took some of the heat off the Oline, but the Oline is and has been the problem. The LBers are a joke but we have to fix this line. I'm fine with OL in the first LB 2nd or vise versa but of course it depends on who's on the board. I do think the LB class is weaker so if White is there at 11 we have to take him.

i can name 3 solid starters on our oline right now and cant name one linebacker on our roster worth resigning.  gotta disagree with need coming into this season.  linebacker imo needs to be addressed first and foremost.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 01:34 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: i can name 3 solid starters on our oline right now and cant name one linebacker on our roster worth resigning.  gotta disagree with need coming into this season.  linebacker imo needs to be addressed first and foremost.

Nick Vigil is easily worth resigning... through the first half of the season he was one of the best linebackers against the run. According to PFF he had a run stop percentage of 15% which was to best in the NFL. That severe knee sprain killed his season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 01:34 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: i can name 3 solid starters on our oline right now and cant name one linebacker on our roster worth resigning.  gotta disagree with need coming into this season.  linebacker imo needs to be addressed first and foremost.

How many times has Glen played an entire season who do we have behind him should he suffer an extended injury. We have a below average starter in Hart. Miller is a decent signing but has not been above an average OG in the NFL. I will not make a judgement on Price after a single season but I believe he will be a high caliber starter for a long time. Clint Boling is an above average OG in the NFL.

Now what do we have outside of this at any position in case of an injury or for future considerations?

You completely ignored the fact that we have LBs that check multiple boxes that you want checked when looking for a modern day NFL LB but I question how well they have been coached since they have been here. You seem to be making an awful large judgement on Jefferson after a single season in the NFL where he did not get many snaps.
Reply/Quote
We need a RT WAY more than a Guard right now.
Reply/Quote