Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans are missing the big picture
(01-07-2019, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Marvin was horrible as a head coach.unless he is replaced with Hue which is highly unlikely at this point. we will have a better head coach. we didn't take advantage of a free play when defense jumps off sides for his first 15 years. no accountability for becoming a problem or distraction. punting 90 percent of the time on the 50 4th and 5 7 minutes to go down 10. whoever we replace Marvin with even in house should be an upgrade

I agree, all of these guys that we are interviewing would be better i am sure.

A Head Coach has to be able to adjust in the game and from game to game, a good HC has to be able to beat their biggest rival atleast half of the time, a good HC shouldn't stand there with that WTF look on their face all the time when things don't go his way, a good HC has to be able to win a Playoff game atleast once in awhile with all of those chances Marv got etc.

Could go on. This team needed to move on from Marv so bad just so we could bring some freshness to this place that was beyond stale. A new HC is what this team has needed for a long time and i expect for our team to be much better as the years go on with the talent we have here for a new guy to work with.
Reply/Quote
Marvin's game planning and what not was decent don't get me wrong. but as an actual game day head coach we were at a huge disadvantage.Don't kid yourself otherwise. How many coaches could have won a playoff game with all the talent we had over the last 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:00 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Bill Lazor is as qualified to be a head coach in the NFL as much as I am qualified to be starring in an Adult Film 

Shorty? Is that you? Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Big Picture is 26 years with zero playoff wins.

What part of this did the fans gets wrong?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on your definition of support. You can choose not to go to games or even watch/listen. That would be a reflection of your agreement with the decision that the team has made.
However, in terms of having direct say in who the team hires, you are absolutely right in that you don't get input in that decision.

I stopped going to games this year and I’m going to stop buying merch but I’ll never be able to not watch them on tv my whole life revolves around them as sad as that sounds I’m stuck till i die
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:02 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Big Picture is 26 years with zero playoff wins.

What part of this did the fans gets wrong?

28*
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:05 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: 28*

Atleast we might have a chance with a new HC, was never going to happen with Marv, ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:04 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I stopped going to games this year and I’m going to stop buying merch but I’ll never be able to not watch them on tv my whole life revolves around them as sad as that sounds I’m stuck till i die

Do you get the Bengals locally where you live? You could always reduce/change the way you watch on TV that makes it less of an investment but still gives you something.
For me, I relocated to Nashville this Fall, which doesn't get Bengals games locally (but does get Reds). I decided to stop going to pub every game and dropping $25+ to just getting NFL Red Zone through Sling for $10/month. I got to watch the fun plays each game while not having to suffer through the bad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do you get the Bengals locally where you live? You could always reduce/change the way you watch on TV that makes it less of an investment but still gives you something.
For me, I relocated to Nashville this Fall, which doesn't get Bengals games locally (but does get Reds). I decided to stop going to pub every game and dropping $25+ to just getting NFL Red Zone through Sling for $10/month. I got to watch the fun plays each game while not having to suffer through the bad.

Yeah I’ve been paying for directtvs expensive bs for over a decade now
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atleast we might have a chance with a new HC, was never going to happen with Marv, ever.

Never
Always

2 words be careful using

We had a chance with ML

It is stupid to think or say otherwise

We could say Whittworth is garbage because he lost 7 playoff games too and will never win a playoff game. But he has a great shot at winning and changing his 0-7 narrative this week.

Of course the new guy has a chance, ML had a chance all the way until Hill fumbled it away.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:46 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Yeah I’ve been paying for directtvs expensive bs for over a decade now

It'd be awesome if the NFL would do something like what NCHC college hockey conference does, which is stream TV broadcasts and is provided on many streaming devices.
The big thing is you can pay for a whole season of viewing for all teams ($109/year) or decide to just pick you favorite team for a somewhat cheaper price ($99/year).

Obviously, the NFL would (and should) charge more than what NCHC does for their packages, but ultimately I think it'd be great if they could provide a cheaper price for selecting just one particular team vs having to get the giant NFL Sunday Ticket package that has all the teams.

Looks like NFL Sunday Ticket just started doing streaming-only option this past season for those not interested in getting actual DirecTV, and it was $293 for full season or $74 per month. If they were to do just a single team for like $200-250, I'd expect more people would be willing to do that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As much as i came to loathe Merv since San Diego I would never use the word "horrible" to describe his overall body of work. Sure he made some horrible decisions that stamped his place firmly as being "mediocre" - and he was terrible in PT and PO situations and against the Steelers, but horrible is a bit much even for me.

He righted the ship but was unable to take it to the promise land.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:05 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: 28*

And, we're 51 seasons without a Championship.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, we're 51 seasons without a Championship.

We've only had something like 5 seasons where we won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've only had something like 5 seasons where we won a playoff game.

So, that's like only a 10% rate of modest success?  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, we're 51 seasons without a Championship.

(01-10-2019, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've only had something like 5 seasons where we won a playoff game.

There are only 7 teams with fewer playoff appearances than us and 5 of them are expansion/newer teams. Two teams are tied with us.

It's just sad !

https://www.statista.com/statistics/784468/teams-ranked-by-playoff-appearances-in-nfl-history/
Reply/Quote
As a die-hard Bengals fan since '68, my big picture is this...I don't care who the new Head Coach will be. Can't no one on this message board predict who can or cannot turn this franchise around. Bill Belichick was in Cleveland 5 years and didn't do crap. Now he's a for sure hall-of-famer. Vance Joseph, Hue Jackson and everyone else who was interviewed might be the next "great one". Of course I have my preferences (Todd Monkin and Eric Bieniemy). As a fan I'm gonna drink the Kool-aid and get my sugar high on whoever they decide on. After 16 years the Bengals just needed a change.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There are only 7 teams with fewer playoff appearances than us and 5 of them are expansion/newer teams. Two teams are tied with us.

It's just sad !

https://www.statista.com/statistics/784468/teams-ranked-by-playoff-appearances-in-nfl-history/

Really the Ravens are a new team too...and they have 2 Super Bowls!

So 3 expansion teams (Texans, Jaguars, and Panthers). The Texans beating us in the Playoffs TWICE. And the Ravens who are a newer team.

So Buccaneers, Cardinals, and Saints have less playoff appearances than us. The Saints have a SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Never
Always

2 words be careful using

We had a chance with ML

It is stupid to think or say otherwise

We could say Whittworth is garbage because he lost 7 playoff games too and will never win a playoff game. But he has a great shot at winning and changing his 0-7 narrative this week.

Of course the new guy has a chance, ML had a chance all the way until Hill fumbled it away.

I said ever and it is true, we were not going to win a playoff game with Marv, ever.

We didn't, he is gone, now we have a chance with Beinemy or Taylor, most likely Beinemy.

It is not a coincidence Marv's players always either fumbled a playoff win away or didn't show up.

Now we have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:38 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Alright then, he was 'good' during the regular season, 'below average' in prime time games and 'the worst ever' in playoffs. 

Was the Steelers *****
Reply/Quote