• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans criticize NBC for editing out CJ Stroud's praises toward Jesus
Go Houston!

Go CJ Stroud!

Boo Baltimore!

Boo NBC!

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm so old that I can remember when "Father Murphy" was one of NBC's highest rated shows..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 04:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm so old that I can remember when "Father Murphy" was one of NBC's highest rated shows..
We're almost old enough to remember when he played in the NFL.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Fans? I'm an NFL fan and I don't care if they edited it out, but I'm not a religious person. I think that the only people that are upset are the religious ones regardless if they are NFL fans or not.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Shut up and dribble.
Reply/Quote
I don't get it.

It's weird he didn't show the clip (I found it) but also...this is a controversy worthy of criticism?

Players thank their god for winning (never blame them when the lose though...lol) all the time.  They pray on the field, in the locker room. 

Millions of people probably saw him live too. 

One edited clip on twitter seems to a strange hill to die on, but as a recovering Catholic I understand how this country works:

If you're not outraged about YOU being silenced you're doing it wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I watched the game and heard him praise God a bunch of times. This was during the on field after game interview. Maybe I should watch the OPs video, but I'm just telling you what I saw in real time. Lol
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 11:38 AM)jmccracky Wrote: I watched the game and heard him praise God a bunch of times. This was during the on field after game interview. Maybe I should watch the OPs video, but I'm just telling you what I saw in real time. Lol

In the tweet the reporter asks the question and the clip the praise Jesus part and go to the rest of his answer.

I don't know why they did it, but it gives people something to complain about I guess.
Reply/Quote
i watched him say it postgame live on NBC. So don't know what context it was edited out in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 12:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: i watched him say it postgame live on NBC. So don't know what context it was edited out in.

me too...so I've been wondering when they "censored" him.

If it was in a twitter clip, I' 'm sure it was edited to get to the football part of his answer not because he said anything religious.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 12:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think that the only people that are upset are the religious ones regardless if they are NFL fans or not.

Probably a high correlation with people upset over kneeling.

Personally I don't care for politics in my football, and I don't generally watch interviews, anyway.  Both are basically the same thing - people just want to watch a game and not be subjected to all the political/religious stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I wish Jesus would stop focusing on helping these guys win football games and start helping people not get raped, tortured, murdered, and starved in places like Israel and Ukraine. JFC Jesus
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
“So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)
Reply/Quote
I will say a guy like CJ Stroud does seem like a better emissary for Jesus than most of the folks you see bringing him up on TV these days.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 10:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)

1 Peter 2:18-20New Living Translation (NLT)

18 You who are slaves must submit to your masters with all respect.[a] Do what they tell you—not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel. 19 For God is pleased when, conscious of his will, you patiently endure unjust treatment. 20 Of course, you get no credit for being patient if you are beaten for doing wrong. But if you suffer for doing good and endure it patiently, God is pleased with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't get it.

It's weird he didn't show the clip (I found it) but also...this is a controversy worthy of criticism?

Players thank their god for winning (never blame them when the lose though...lol) all the time.  They pray on the field, in the locker room. 

Millions of people probably saw him live too. 

One edited clip on twitter seems to a strange hill to die on, but as a recovering Catholic I understand how this country works:

If you're not outraged about YOU being silenced you're doing it wrong.

This response isn't necessarily directed to you but more so to everyone in this thread that is sharing the similar sentiment you have here.

I don't get why people can't be upset about this and criticize it. As mentioned in the clip, there's plenty of worse things the media doesn't censor but for some reason felt the need to sensor C.J. mentioning Jesus Christ? Why?

How is that not a fair question? 

What compelled them to do something that would obviously rub Christians the wrong way? You say it's a strange hill to die on criticizing this, but I think it's the other way around. Why would NBC even take the risk of editing something like this out?

"To get to the football answer" like pally said in their post in this thread?

You guys do realize that the time C.J. spent talking about Jesus in that moment was all of 3 seconds right? He wasn't reciting Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Yet NBC felt the need to edit it out? Yes, strange hill to die on indeed.

People are acting like it's ridiculous to criticize this but I think it's completely fair actually. Multiple people have already admitted they saw him say it live on the air, so what's the big deal right? Well, the big deal is NBC is the one that aired it live. So again I will ask, why was NBC so compelled to edit it out?

Perhaps the response to that will be "NBC didn't edit it out, they just retweeted an edited video".

But why? They aired the game people. Why even repost an edited video when you're literally one of the media outlets that hosted the game?
Reply/Quote
NBC can edit things the way they want (or the way their market research team says they should).  On the flip side, in this day and age anyone with a computer can make a podcast focusing entirely on CJ Stroud and other NFL player's praising of Jesus.  I'd call it NF-Leluia!'

It's just bidness.  This is the P&R section so I'll just say the almighty dollar rules us all, whatcanyado?

#capitalism

Oh, that reminds me...be sure to tune in to my weekly football podcast "Nate says the words WASHINGTON REDSKINS over and over again for 45 minutes." 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: NBC can edit things the way they want (or the way their market research team says they should).  On the flip side, in this day and age anyone with a computer can make a podcast focusing entirely on CJ Stroud and other NFL player's praising of Jesus.  I'd call it NF-Leluia!'

It's just bidness.  This is the P&R section so I'll just say the almighty dollar rules us all, whatcanyado?

#capitalism

Oh, that reminds me...be sure to tune in to my weekly football podcast "Nate says the words WASHINGTON REDSKINS over and over again for 45 minutes." 

And people can criticize what they want. But judging by responses in this thread, that's just ridiculous.

When lay offs come back around for NBC, they have a clear target. And no, it's not Jesus.
Reply/Quote