Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak 3/6/19
Went with the NFL aggregate board and needs list.

11: R1P11
OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

42: R2P10
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

72: R3P8
G MICHAEL DEITER
WISCONSIN

110: R4P8
QB RYAN FINLEY
NC STATE

149: R5P11
RB MIKE WEBER
OHIO STATE

183: R6P10
TE ALIZE MACK
NOTRE DAME

198: R6P25
LB KENDALL JOSEPH
CLEMSON

210: R6P37
OT COLTON JACKSON
ARKANSAS

211: R6P38
CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

213: R6P40
S WILL HARRIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

223: R7P9
WR GARY JENNINGS
WEST VIRGINIA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I went with Taylor over Dillard, because I think Dillard is too "one dimensional" in his game. Taylor strikes me as more of a classic "mean ass" OL, with a good enough head to pick up the fine points of the position and last for years. Ford was gone, and I passed on White, to get the Tackle that the Bengals desperately need.

The board was kind to me in round 2, but I had to choose Bush at LB over Lindstrom at G.

Thankfully, round 3 left Michael Deiter near the top of my best available. Should the Bengals falter in free agency, we've got the OL covered.

In the 4th, I went with the decision to make a choice for the future at QB. With the body of a spindly kid, and a mind like that of a chess champion, Ryan Finley will be the perfect QB to sit behind Andy for a couple years, and then emerge as a star.

In the 5th, I threw the needs list aside and went after the best on the board, Mike Weber. Weber can hit the inside hole without hesitation, and is more than capable as a receiver. He's already twice the RB that Walton never was.

In the 6th, I go back to stocking at needs and begin grabbing STs talent. Mack is not likely the answer at TE, but maybe with that ND education, he's smart enough to do what it takes to make the roster. Kendall Joseph isn't exactly physically gifted for an NFL LB, but he seems to have a high football I.Q. Colton Jackson? Meh, I was thinking he was someone else. Having back surgery, this dude likely won't even get drafted.. Jamal Peters, definitely a project at CB. He's banking on making it as a STer. Will Harris is our "diamond in the rough". He will be a STs demon and spot player for a couple years, then the heavy hitter with 4.4 speed will emerge as a starter.

7th round. I guess I had forgotten about WR, and I remembered hearing Jennings name called during a WVU game this season. He's another 4.4 guy that will likely have to make the team via STs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Went with the NFL aggregate board and needs list.

11: R1P11
OT JAWAAN TAYLOR
FLORIDA

42: R2P10
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

72: R3P8
G MICHAEL DEITER
WISCONSIN

110: R4P8
QB RYAN FINLEY
NC STATE

149: R5P11
RB MIKE WEBER
OHIO STATE

183: R6P10
TE ALIZE MACK
NOTRE DAME

198: R6P25
LB KENDALL JOSEPH
CLEMSON

210: R6P37
OT COLTON JACKSON
ARKANSAS

211: R6P38
CB JAMAL PETERS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

213: R6P40
S WILL HARRIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

223: R7P9
WR GARY JENNINGS
WEST VIRGINIA
can't argue with first two rounds and I really like that kid from OSU.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Again....Bush will not be there in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: Again....Bush will not be there in the 2nd.

We go through this every year.  If the 1st round were big enough to hold everyone that's supposed to be drafted in it, it would be 163 picks long..  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We go through this every year.  If the 1st round were big enough to hold everyone that's supposed to be drafted in it, it would be 163 picks long..  Mellow

#2 stack LB isn’t the 5th corner or DT. I’m telling you the guy just ran a 4.4 and verticalled 40.5 inches to go with solid tape. He is a sure fire first round pick, otherwise might as well Mock Ed Oliver to the 2nd. We are in a post Vander Esch world where people are starting to value fast cover LBs again.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: #2 stack LB isn’t the 5th corner or DT. I’m telling you the guy just ran a 4.4 and verticalled 40.5 inches to go with solid tape. He is a sure fire first round pick, otherwise might as well Mock Ed Oliver to the 2nd. We are in a post Vander Esch world where people are starting to value fast cover LBs again.

That may be true, but on the NFL aggregate board, he was there in the 2nd.  I can't write the program for the mock, I just work with what they offer me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may be true, but on the NFL aggregate board, he was there in the 2nd.  I can't write the program for the mock, I just work with what they offer me.

Right, which is why all these games are kind of pointless. Have you ever gone back and looked at where guys go versus where they are in some of the “mocks” people post? It can get pretty hilarious at times.

Just saying the guys floor is Pit at 20 or Bal at 22.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, which is why all these games are kind of pointless. Have you ever gone back and looked at where guys go versus where they are in some of the “mocks” people post? It can get pretty hilarious at times.

Just saying the guys floor is Pit at 20 or Bal at 22.

I think you're right, and if we just swap Devin Bush out for Mack Wilson at #42 pick, it would be an excellent, yet realistic looking mock.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote