Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak Crazy Early 4 Rd Mock
It is early, and we don't quite know yet who will rise up 2018's draft boards... but I would not be upset with this haul

11: R1P11
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

43: R2P11
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

75: R3P11
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

100: R3P36
CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA

113: R4P11
G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:32 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: It is early, and we don't quite know yet who will rise up 2018's draft boards... but I would not be upset with this haul

OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA

G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

Really depends on if our young tackles develop, but I like taking on early if it's still a need.  

Taking a tight end early also really depends finding out what we have in Kroft and Uzomah, but it could be a need if we see Fumagalli as that much of an upgrade.  I do like his size and I think Wisconsin's offense translates well to the AFCN style offense.

Don't really like taking a backer there since we have Burfict and Minter and normally only play two backers.

There's a two or three centers that I'd take in the third or fourth round that would make me like this draft a lot more.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 11:32 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: It is early, and we don't quite know yet who will rise up 2018's draft boards... but I would not be upset with this haul

OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA

G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

That's because you're still focused on this past years weaknesses. Let's see where we are at the end of this year.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 08:48 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: That's because you're still focused on this past years weaknesses. Let's see where we are at the end of this year.  Wink

OT still a need.  Winston is old and bad... Ogbuehi and Fisher need competition

TE is a need, nearing the end of Eifert's contract as well as sub par play from Kroft and Uzomah

LB is a need, Minter is on a 1 year deal, Burfict has been ouchie

CB is a need because PacMan is old and outside of Kirk we have a lot of unproven players

G is a need because Andre Smith is not the long term answer...

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 02:06 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: OT still a need.  Winston is old and bad... Ogbuehi and Fisher need competition

TE is a need, nearing the end of Eifert's contract as well as sub par play from Kroft and Uzomah

CB is a need because PacMan is old and outside of Kirk we have a lot of unproven players

But this is still all based on right now. If Ogbuehi and Fisher play as well at Whit and Zeitler did you wouldn't think they needed competition, but they would still need a backup. Tight End might not be a need even if Eifert walks. Uzomah needs more experience and we know nothing about Schreck. Minter is on a 1 year deal, but that doesn't mean he won't be back with us next year before the draft. Burfict has been hurt some, but when he is on the field he is one of the best. Because of the unproven players CB is a need RIGHT NOW. After this season we should see who else can play. We have many supposed to be capable players on this roster. And yes, G is a need because Andre will get hurt in game 3. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 09:03 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: But this is still all based on right now. If Ogbuehi and Fisher play as well at Whit and Zeitler did you wouldn't think they needed competition, but they would still need a backup. Tight End might not be a need even if Eifert walks. Uzomah needs more experience and we know nothing about Schreck. Minter is on a 1 year deal, but that doesn't mean he won't be back with us next year before the draft. Burfict has been hurt some, but when he is on the field he is one of the best. Because of the unproven players CB is a need RIGHT NOW. After this season we should see who else can play. We have many supposed to be capable players on this roster. And yes, G is a need because Andre will get hurt in game 3. 

But that's the point of doing a mock this early. Making the assumptions based on this past year's trends.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fumagali is going earlier than Howard.
Reply/Quote
Good Lord, we need a C
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 02:06 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: OT still a need.  Winston is old and bad... Ogbuehi and Fisher need competition

If we go cb I wil, literally blow up. We have pacman, dre k, wjiii, benkewere, Russell, Shaw all starting quality cbs. And we have a couple others as well. If anything we go fs.
Reply/Quote