Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanspeak, TDN, and the lot of you are all drunk.
Seriously, several of you are telling me to not use TDN and do fanspeak because TDN is having issues.

I'm using the most updated big board on fanspeak, doing quick 4 round mocks, and I'm getting 3 first round talents round 1-3!!

When I get to pick from AJ Epenesa and Gross-Matos in the 2nd it feels like I'm taking the mock out to dinner and sticking it with the bill!

Then Round 3 rolls around and laviska shenault is just staring me in the face. Like WTF do I do with this I know he had surgery after the combine but he will be healthy when the season starts so it shouldn't really hurt his draft stock THIS much.

Then I get to pick from Gaither, Dye and Anfernee Jennjngs at 4. Both sites gotta be Fd or else I'm the world's greatest drafter in the history of ever.

Burrow
Epenesa
Laviska
Gaither.

I did this 4 drafts In a row. I'm having a beer you all have a good laugh at this!
Reply/Quote
It could all have a much simpler explanation. Like maybe the draft boards are just resetting to before the phenomenon commonly known as the "combine bump", which always gives some guys a huge rise in stock. I'd say look back to some of the early mocks, right at the conclusion of the CFB season, and things will likely more closely resemble what they did then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 10:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Seriously, several of you are telling me to not use TDN and do fanspeak because TDN is having issues.

I'm using the most updated big board on fanspeak, doing quick 4 round mocks, and I'm getting 3 first round talents round 1-3!!

When I get to pick from AJ Epenesa and Gross-Matos in the 2nd it feels like I'm taking the mock out to dinner and sticking it with the bill!

Then Round 3 rolls around and laviska shenault is just staring me in the face. Like WTF do I do with this I know he had surgery after the combine but he will be healthy when the season starts so it shouldn't really hurt his draft stock THIS much.

Then I get to pick from Gaither, Dye and Anfernee Jennjngs at 4. Both sites gotta be Fd or else I'm the world's greatest drafter in the history of ever.

Burrow
Epenesa
Laviska
Gaither.

I did this 4 drafts In a row. I'm having a beer you all have a good laugh at this!

Shenault is going to fall big time.  He had already had injury issues before the combine and ran a 4.58, so now he has both speed and injury concerns.  The WR class is just too stacked with clean prospects, so he'll tumble.

Davis-Gaither had to have surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot, so again, he's also injured.  As a small school prospect, he needed a big combine and he couldn't participate.  

Dye had a torn meniscus he had to get fixed, so again, a slide due to injury isn't a surprise.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 10:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Seriously, several of you are telling me to not use TDN and do fanspeak because TDN is having issues.

Burrow
Epenesa
Laviska
Gaither.

Gross Matos and Epenesa are definitely in play for 33. Neither are first round locks.

As for Shenault falling to 65, I think it's unlikely, but if his injuries scare people off, I don't think it's insane.

Gaither in the 4th is also totally reasonable.

Each of our picks is essentially a round early, after all.

The reason TDN was on some silly nonsense was they were having Thomas, who is getting looks in the top 10, falling to 33. That's just not going to happen.

If other drafts were giving you Jeudy at 33, that is the equivalent ridiculousness.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 08:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Gross Matos and Epenesa are definitely in play for 33. Neither are first round locks.

As for Shenault falling to 65, I think it's unlikely, but if his injuries scare people off, I don't think it's insane.

Gaither in the 4th is also totally reasonable.

Each of our picks is essentially a round early, after all.

The reason TDN was on some silly nonsense was they were having Thomas, who is getting looks in the top 10, falling to 33. That's just not going to happen.

If other drafts were giving you Jeudy at 33, that is the equivalent ridiculousness.

Thankfully Jeudy hasn't been there at 33.

But what is bothering me is the simulators are doing lb runs late in the first. Basically Murray, Queen and Baun are gone at 33. It only bothers me because I dont know if Epenesa or Gross-Matos are capable of standing up and being a bit hybrid. I dont have enough time to do that much evaluation. I'm taking Epenesa in most of the time because he has produced more sacks, and a front of epenesa-reader-Atkins seems absurd on passing downs.

I just look for athleticism at LB in later rounds and Gaither is my favorite of that group, but Harrison and Brooks would be exciting to see in stripes too.
Reply/Quote

Burrow
Epenesa
Laviska
Gaither.

I love Laviska, he is my favorite WR in this Draft if he is healthy but he has been injured a lot and has troubles blocking.

It is not out of the question for Shenault to fall to us in the 3rd with this deep of a class considering these things.

Would love it if he did and we picked him, this would be the ideal start to a Draft.

Having a brewski right now just thinking about it. Cheers
Reply/Quote
I get wood thinking about taking Espenesa in rd2. Hot damn.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Epenesa would be a great 3-4 DE type. I also wouldn't rule out Raekwon Davis in that role as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 02:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Epenesa would be a great 3-4 DE type.  I also wouldn't rule out Raekwon Davis in that role as well.

In a 3-4 set....

Atkins - Reader - Epenesa

Sounds pretty sweet.
Reply/Quote