Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantastic Four
(08-11-2015, 10:28 AM)Benton Wrote: That would have been a better way to handle it. Or any of the ones along those lines.

But agreed with you and Eox, I never understood why they felt the need to change the characters. Doom's story is what makes him cool, not the metal suit and constant fist shaking. I knock the X-men movies a lot, but one think I did think they got right was Magneto. Probably my favorite villain when I was a kid and they did him justice. Overconfident, Holocaust survivor, genuinely doesn't want to hurt his own kind. They could have just given him a German accent to make him seem scary, but they did pretty good.

Doom's motivations are so empty in the movies. They need to push the idea that he has seen the future and his idea of a utopia is the one where Doom rules. Doom thinks he's saving humanity. Plus he's ridiculously powerful
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 02:29 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Doom's motivations are so empty in the movies. They need to push the idea that he has seen the future and his idea of a utopia is the one where Doom rules. Doom thinks he's saving humanity. Plus he's ridiculously powerful

Just show that he and Reed are two sides to the same coin.  Both are super geniuses but while Reed wants to help humanity, Doom wants to rule it.

Maybe start at their college years and go from there.  Reed is inventing things to help mankind (like HERBIE!) while Doom is perfecting his suit, mastering sorcery and taking over a country.  Doom helps fight off the planetary threat in the first film and believes it proves he is the man to protect humanity by ruling it with an iron fist.
Reply/Quote
I was never into the Fantastic 4 either, but I watched the 2005 one and the sequel for one reason and one reason only!

Jessica Alba. <3 Big Grin
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 09:36 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Constantin Film Produktion held the film rights for Fantastic Four starting in 1983. Their deal would expire in the early nineties if they didn't produce a movie.  By 1992 they hadn't made anything, so to keep the rights they produced a Fantastic Four movie that they finished in 94. It looked like this:

[Image: 214000-fantastic-four-roger-corman-1994.jpg?1417801558]

It's never officially been released, but they kept the rights throughout the 90's because of it. (Side note: this movie is awesome. I mean, it's awful.  But it's so awesome. if you have a chance to see it, see it)

Anyway, this new FF movie kind of strikes me as being they same way: Fox needs to keep making FF movies to keep the rights. So they'll make a new one at some point, i.e. when they have to.

I think they'll also be watching to see how the Spider-Man deal works out for Sony.  If that makes a bunch of money, then Fox may look for a similar deal with Disney.

You mean B-movie awesome? Some B-movies are so flakey that it becomes sentimentally great.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 10:15 PM)Interceptor Wrote: You mean B-movie awesome? Some B-movies are so flakey that it becomes sentimentally great.

It's so B-movie awesome it hurts. It's streaming here.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 02:29 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Doom's motivations are so empty in the movies. They need to push the idea that he has seen the future and his idea of a utopia is the one where Doom rules. Doom thinks he's saving humanity. Plus he's ridiculously powerful

Yea, they had him make a generic "humanity can't be saved, hurting the planet" comment early on and had him want to bone Sue.

Then after a year he has decided that the best way to save the planet and humanity is to destroy it all...

And he can do anything but he is defeated by 4 people attacking at once one time. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Human Doom was really cool. Dr. Doom the villain was terrible, the fight was terrible and the "evil master plan" was terrible. I liked the set up all the way to them getting their powers but nothing in between that and a terrible ending made it a terrible movie.

Mr. Fantastic was passable though he was mostly just there.

Sue was okay I suppose.

The thing was horrible. The 2005 version a million times better especially with the Torch's antics.

MBJ was good but not nearly as much as Chris Evans.

The first hour and a half was good but they needed to learn their powers on screen, set up a decent villain and reason for his actions and a million times better ending and it would have been decent enough.

This movie had so much flak off the bat it had no chance. People hated Jordan's casting and the guy can say his vision was better, but people hated that they changed Doom's name in his version.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote